Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane

5550 Tuckerman Lane, North Bethesda, MD, 20852

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane

Caring98108750 December 12, 2014

We were familiar with Brighton Gardens. The staff were very helpful. Everything was clean and well cared for. The food was acceptable, and the dining room seemed to be clean and well attended. They have a wide range of activities like trips, exercises, games, and music.

Caring75860050 December 31, 2013

My father is in Brighton Gardens. It's his choice and that's where he wants to go. He wants people around and he didn't feel safe in his own house. He has a nice apartment and the people are very friendly. I find the food to be fine. He doesn’t seem to have much of an appetite even when he was at home. Although he is eating a lot of soup and he loves the dessert. The have a lot of things that he can partake in although he has never done that before. He doesn't hear very well so if he goes to a lecture, he doesn't hear the people. But they do have a room if you just ask to get some hearing impaired things, but he doesn't ask.

FamilyMember2 September 12, 2013

There is a very real language barrier here preventing the staff from caring or understanding the fifth floor patients. The other floors seemed a lot better, but the fifth floor is a nightmare. There is often no answer to pressed call buttons, and once I witnessed everyone leaving to have a barbeque outside, while one lone patient remained on the fifth floor, crying out for help. Even after staff were told, out attending the barbeque, no one arrived to help her. In addition, staff were upset with the management, holding meetings (sometimes in the unused portion of the room where a patient resided) to discuss their unhappiness and problems. Not very professional.

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can better understand your concerns. - The Sunrise Team

Resident129 July 17, 2013

The moment you walk thru the door you feel at home. Dad has had a wonderful experience at Tuckerman. The assigned care managers have been wonderful. Having the same care managers on a regular basis has been a plus. Care managers have gotten to know Dad's daily routine which helped him to adjust to Assisted Living. Dad also spent time on the 5th floor Skilled Nursing/Rehab. The staff did a great job caring for him and getting him strong to be able to go to Assisted Living. The Nursing Director Olive was wonderful. She and her staff are some of the best in the business. What you have to keep in mind is that the 5th floor is a Skilled Nursing and Rehab floor so some residents need full time daily care while some are short term rehab. We have had a wonderful experience from care to food (daily variety of selections) great holiday meals just had a great cookout to great activities something for everyone. Movies/exercise/scenic rides/music performers/photography/art/garden club/daily socials/bingo/scrabble/outings to the library/weekly shopping/concerts/dinner and lunch outings almost weekly they also have a dog Carson and a cat Midnight. Something for everyone. The ED and her staff are wonderful. Some of the most caring and knowledgable folks in the field. Tuckerman has been our home as well as dads home for over 2.5 years.

Caretaker001 July 07, 2013

Beware of the 5th floor. Call buttons are not answered. Residents wait sometimes over a half an hour for a response. Staff does not seem to understand English, and does not wish to understand the patients. The sales staff lies when they tell you about Brighton Gardens. The food is okay, but nothing for the residents to look forward to. For the amount of money you pay here, that should not be the case. Many of the tv sets malfunction and although they say they are replacing them soon, they have not, and do not fix them adequately. Stay away from this place!

Caring0558 May 31, 2013

The receptionist in Brighton gardens assisted living is very accommodating and also the rest of the staff. The assisted living facilities had nice bedrooms with regular beds. They have activities which included choral groups entertainment, bingos and crosswords. They have very nice programs and the residents can take trips.

mdjqrson October 26, 2012

Brighton Gardens is a decent facility with decent nursing care. My father was a resident of the "skilled nursing" floor of the rockville location for about a year, during which he required frequent checks on his mental state, medication administration, and monitoring of a feeding tube. The staff was mostly CNAs, with one RN on duty to monitor the entire floor. For the most part, the facilities were clean and the patients were given the proper attention they deserve, although there were some shortcomings. For example, the adjustable beds go as low as a couple of inches off of the floor, a smart design to ensure patient safety. Because of this, however, it was concerning when I started noticing roaches scurrying across the floor. The problem was corrected, but only after I pestered the charge nurse (who was, at the time, also the director of nursing for the facility - I don't know if she still works there) multiple times. Overall, this facility is a decent choice for 24-hour nursing care.

DaughterCaretaker September 24, 2012

My mother stayed briefly at this facility. During her stay for rehabilitation the center was understaffed for the amount of individuals staying on the 5th floor. Residents were sat in the hallway in wheelchairs, not in any sort of activity room, without attending staff. Upon requesting a nurse via call button she had to wait at times upwards of half an hour to be helped, forcing her to be soaked in her own urine several times. By the end of her stay she had contracted a fever and a MRSA infection in her groin. She was treated at home with antibiotics and never returned to Brighton Gardens. Although the facility as a whole is beautiful, it is hiding the poorly run 5th floor. The gardens and beautiful dining hall and living facilities of the apartments and common rooms downstairs are nice, and ever have love birds and parrots. Fresh flowers adorn the entry ways and a resident Cat roams freely to be petted and spoiled by the residents. The daytime girls who run the front desk on the first floor are polite, but the management leaves much to be desired when you have a concern about a loved one. They are short with you and very quick to simply be done with you. I would never recommend this facility to someone who would ever need to be on the 5th floor.

rexall407 April 25, 2012

When I visited Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane, I was less than happy to see the conditions that my grandmother was living under. The facility was less than clean and seemed very cold and depressing. I have been to a few assisted living facilities prior to this, but this by far was the worst experience ever. After seeing the poor conditions that my grandmother was subject to everyday, I am doing everything in my power to get her out of this facility. The staff was less than friendly and I felt that no one there cared for the residents.

From Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane

Just minutes from the Metro Station, White Flint Mall and Strathmore Park, Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane is surrounded by trees and garden areas, yet within easy access to downtown Bethesda, transportation, shopping and many other conveniences. We pride ourselves in our outstanding care and services provided by a caring staff. We offer a continuum of care provided by our flexible levels of care in Assisted Living plus long-term Nursing and short-term Rehabilitation Programs.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Features of Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane