Brookdale Union Park

1316 Patterson Street, Monroe, NC, 28112

Reviews of Brookdale Union Park

mswmullis August 01, 2014

My FIL is a resident at Union Park (July 2014 - ). Dad has progressed from total independence through 4 extended hospital visits, rehabilitation, and now into assisted living. We chose Union Park after visiting all available in our immediate area. The choice has proved to be an excellent fit for Dad. He enjoys excellent meals (I generally visit at meal times, and frankly have been a little envious of some of the soups and entres he was served!), plenty of exercise as he needs to maintain strength and balance, a diversity of activities, but most of all a wonderful caring staff. He has been embarassed by this aging process (i.e. spills, needing help dressing, needing accidents cleaned up), but he is treated as a treasured member of an exclusive club. The staff constantly encourage him, chat with him (even though he is hard of hearing), and boost his morale by genuine praise when he works out in the "gym" or accomplishes a task. He feels at home here, and has been welcomed as a family member. We could not be any happier with the facility and it's support staff.

Devonne April 30, 2014

I do like Union Park. It's very nice, and everybody is nice. I would recommend this facility to anybody. The food was good.

L/H November 21, 2012

Let me start off my saying that I have been to a few homes before so they are somewhat the same but with some differences. Union Park is such a beautiful place to be. The staff is so welcoming and so present with the seniors. They establishment is clean and neat, no bad odors just clean scent that greets your nostrils. I and my church members and people from our communities were so pleased to be in these seniors presence, they really enjoyed our company and we enjoyed their company as well, just sit and talk to them and hand out stuff animals. We sang and gave out fruit baskets and it was such a joy. I'm truly looking forward to doing this again. Everyone there warmed my heart and made me feel so good to be able to do something for them. Bringing smiles on others faces is satisfying.

coolboysma June 02, 2012

During the time that my mother was a resident I was able to observe an enormous turnover of staff, from the director to the nursing staff all the way to the support staff. Because of the constant changing of personel it was very difficult for both my mother to become acclimated and caused an inconvenience with my own personal dealings on her behalf. I found the facility to be quite dated and worn out and there was little done in respect to updates and repairs. One of my mothers biggest complaints was the food, although the dining room is presented nicely with cloth linens and silverware, the quality and variety of food was extremely poor. It also appeared that there wasn't much of a food budget which accounted for a lot of meals that were of inadequate nutrition, lacking in fresh fruits and vegetables. WIth regards to available activities, there were several choices of group activities including bingo games several times a week and trips to the local dollar stores or department stores. They do offer laundry service as well as allowing the residents to do their own laundry, should they choose to.

Woody1 December 13, 2011

Union Park Assisted Living in Monroe, NC is a part of the Brookdale Senior Living group which is the largest operator of these type residences in the United States. They currently have facilities in 33 states, so they are very experienced in providing care for seniors. Union Park is conveniently located close to hospitals, doctors' offices, shopping, and other amenities. The center is designed to provide options including private apartments and many community areas. The building is on a single story to make it more accessible to everyone. Each resident receives an individualized plan, tailored to their needs. Fees are based on the services needed to provide the necessary quality care. There are programs and outings for residents to enjoy along with transportation for appointments and shopping. On site are a library, beauty and barber shop, recreation room, dining room, and outdoor gardening and courtyard areas. The staff and nurses are very professional and caring. They provide 24 hour seven day a week service as needed. Overall this seems to be a well run, warm, welcoming residence for seniors with everything from independent living to assisted living and Alzheimer's care. I researched this facility before a family memmber became a resident there, and was pleased with the Brookdale company's mission and background, so I included that in this review.

From Brookdale Union Park

Brookdale Place Union Park provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Union Park