Elmcroft of Milford Chase

1345 Milford Church Road, Marietta, GA, 30008

Reviews of Elmcroft of Milford Chase

Anonymous112454650 August 31, 2015

My mother is currently at Elmcroft of Milford Chase. It does not smell, which is important. I found that the folks are not wandering aimlessly. They are engaged and busy. I had to put my mother in the section where they take care of people with memory problems, and they are taking care of her there. The services are good, and they provide the service that the doctor recommends. I am very comfortable of her being there.

Caring103451950 March 25, 2015

Elmcroft of Milford Chase was a nice facility. It had a lower moving up fee. They had a friendly, very upbeat, and positive staff. They invited us back after our initial tour for my father to have lunch. The food was good. He liked the room. It just was a good fit. He could basically go throughout the community. It had a lot of open areas. The grounds were very well maintained, and the facility was clean, which is first and foremost for me.

Caring103517350 March 16, 2015

We have looked in there at Elmcroft of Milford Chase, and I like their layout. I probably just pulled up assisted living in the area when I first started looking, and this one was close to me. I didn't really see too many of the staff when I was there, but the person that took me on the tour was the recreation director, and she was absolutely awesome. I did see the rooms. They were rooms with a private bath and small kitchenette type things like a sink, a microwave, and a mini refrigerator. I know they have a memory care. I did go back into their memory care area, and it seemed very nice. They had a laundry area that I saw for the residents that did their own laundry. They go out, and they have activities. Once a month they do different meals from different countries. One time I was in there, they were making Halloween masks.

Caring92672350 August 30, 2014

We chose Elmcroft of Milford Chase because it was a very nice community and it was conveniently located for us. The building was very nice as well as his room. They had a more reasonable rate than what we found any place else. The staff were very, very lovely as well. They have a nice kitchen and restaurant. They probably have some things to do, but he is not partaking in them. His activities are watching TV and reading, but we talked about him taking up some walking around in the building.

Caring0720 July 20, 2014

We chose Elmcroft of Milford Chase for the location and the atmosphere, and also their facilities were nicer than all the rest of them. My uncle is in a two-bedroom unit where he has two bedrooms, a sitting room, a bathroom, and a kitchen with microwave, mini-fridge, and sink. Also, he has control of his own temperature as far as heat and air conditioning. His unit is very nice. What I like about Elmcroft is its overall appearance and the operation of the facility. Also, my uncle engages in the facility's activities.

Mike48 June 30, 2014

I would not recommend Elmcroft of Milford Chase because it felt more like a hospital than an assisted living home. The rooms were very small. I didn’t see anything that I liked other than location of the facility.

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Our priority at Elmcroft of Milford Chase is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents. We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit. Please know we truly value your comments, it’s paramount to helping us better serve future residents and families.

Elmcroft of Milford Chase

Caring75519650 January 31, 2014

Elmcroft of Milford Chase was a very clean facility. I like the amenities that they had available. They were very well organized too. The staff was very knowledgeable. They were very good at explaining how they're set up and what they offer. From that standpoint, that was very satisfying. The main problem though is that they don't offer nursing care and that their care is very limited.

dbexpress October 21, 2013

I recently visited this community. I was very impressed with everything that I experienced while I was there. The staff seemed to be very happy and like what they do. The community itself was beautiful. They had different floor plans to choose from and I liked that memory care was available should by mother ever need it. They have great social programs and the care levels are done much different thatn I have seen before. They are very personalized and easy to understand. Although we are still considering out options as a family, this community is top on our list.

Mary fox johnson June 28, 2013

after visiting this community i was very impressed with everything the staff was knowledgeable of all of the things that i needed and wanted for my loved one.

Barry2 June 12, 2013

My mom stayed in Elmcroft of Milford. It was close to our house that's why we chose this place for her. It was a nice enough-looking facility. The people who worked there are super great. However, the care there wasn't very good. Right after she passed away, management had fired a lot of people because there were a lot of complaints about the place.

inadequate_Care November 11, 2012

I am so happy that my dad is finally out of that place!!! He was completely neglected and not receiving adequate care. My father was underweight, malnourished and oftened soaked in his own urine; his hygenie was neglected as well, to the point of disgust. While I deeply regret my dad's experience I hope his case cautions others to think twice before sending their loved ones to Elmcroft.

Katie H August 31, 2012

The facility was well maintained and pleasant. The staff was very friendly and did a great job in engaging my grandmother in community life and keeping her as active as possible. At the same time, they were supportive in all the right ways. The only complaint was my grandmother thought the food was bland.

JacobSmith June 16, 2012

The staff present at this facility is really outstanding. There is a nursing staff present 24-7. The staff is always present ensuring the care of the residents, and assisting the residents participation in activities. A receptionist is always present during visiting hours who kindly greets you, and is able to point out where your family member is at. In addition, the management arranges meetings with the family every 6 months to discuss the resident's care and health. The staff at this facility is very motivated, unlike some other facilities I have visited in the past. Also, the facility is always very clean, and never smells bad. The food and dining offered is excellent; I wouldn't mind a plate of their food myself. Finally, the facility is one level which is really comforting when most residents wouldn't be able to handle stairs in an emergency. Other facilities I have toured in this area are two stories.

Gloriea September 30, 2011

Of course it's hard to consider putting your loved ones into any type of facility. Most people feel that their parents take care of them so it's a tradegy when you even have to considered putting them in a care facility. However, a visit to Elm's Croft in Maritta, Georgia helped me and my family feel comfortable about considering a facility. Elsm's Croft is different from just any facility. Elm's Croft is an "assisted care facility" that offers peace and security to your love ones. For example, when we visited we discovered they have a 24 hour nursing staff. It is good to know that my dad will be protected with immediate care personnel on-site. They provide complete 24 hour personal care. They also offer fabulous dining in a restaurant-style setting. This gives your loved one a scene of social activities. They have plenty social activities designed to help your loved ones health and mental well being. Unlike other assisted care facilities they focus on the mind of the client as well. They focus on assuring your client a healthly frame of mind being placed in a assisted care facility. You will always have an update on your family members emotional state. The facility is safe and secure and they offer reasonable visiting hours for you to visit your loved one. Furthermore, arrangements can be made for a family member to assist in the care of the client on a regular basis with the assistance of the Elm's Croft medical staff. Overall I considered this a remarkable assisted living facility for my dad. We haven't made a decision yet, but Elm's Croft is on the top of the list. They made the thought of assisted care for my loved easy and tasteful. The staff was friendly and caring towards my needs and what we expect for my dad. I would recommend this facility to anyone located in the Georgia area. If your not sure if it's what you want to do request a free tour. It'ss convient and lasts about 30 minutes without obligation to you. Furthermore, they don't pressure you after the visit to enroll your loved ones. The one downside is that only a few insurance carriers are being accepted.

A Concerned Social Worker August 19, 2011

This facility, which offers memory care, short stay and respite care along with a senior day program, is easy to find, and there is plenty of parking provided for visitors. It is clean and free of odors"”an older building that's a little out of date, but elegantly decorated in a traditional style.

The building is ranch-style, so all on one floor; residents can easily walk out on the porch and sit and congregate. There's a pod in the middle with beautifully landscaped places that residents can use for walks.

The facility is medium-sized, with two wings"”all private rooms. Common areas include a living room/dining room, hair salon, library, and sun room.

There is a menu posted each week, so residents know what to expect during mealtimes. Several selections, touted as restaurant style, are listed daily"”and residents seem to enjoy the food.

There is an extended activity schedule with diverse offerings, including a Beauty Day, Margarita Wednesday, Takeout Night, Cooking Classes"”a lot of things you don't normally see.

The residents appear well cared for and content. Some hire personal care to come in; otherwise, they charged for care a la carte, according to needs. Examples of extra care needs here include medication management, safety checks, transfer assistance and incontinent care.

From Elmcroft of Milford Chase

Residents of Elmcroft of Milford Chase are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Features of Elmcroft of Milford Chase