Kingsley Manor

1055 North Kingsley Drive, Los Angeles, CA, 90029

Reviews of Kingsley Manor

Caring93806650 September 12, 2014

Kingsley Manor has beautiful outdoor gardens and lobbies. Everything is very well done and taken care of. They have all kinds of little amenities, like a beauty shop and gym. It’s a three stage community: an independent living, and, if you become disabled or unable to take care of yourself, they take care of you, and there is also hospice. The food was pretty good, though there are days when it’s not too great. They have lots of activities and things for the residents to do, like theater, a TV room with a huge TV screen, and a chapel -- you can’t get bored there. There is a little gift souvenir shop and a place to read.

My friend has a kind of a suite with rooms; one is a sitting room, and one is a bedroom. The sitting room has a sink and small refrigerator. You’d never know it's such a beautiful place because the building is an historic building. It’s a brick building and it looks really old, but inside it’s like a miracle; the gardens are absolutely gorgeous. Once you’re inside, you don’t realize how ugly the neighborhood is on the outside. It’s a poor neighborhood, and it’s not the neighborhood that you’d think. I can remember when that neighborhood used to be a nice neighborhood, but now it’s kind of down. You can’t change the building, so you make the best of what you’ve got, and they have. They’ve remodeled recently and they did patios on the roof area that are absolutely wonderful. You get a view of the Hollywood sign and the downtown area. It’s really very pleasant.

Caring0220 June 26, 2014

My sister has a one-bedroom apartment at Kingsley Manor. It is carpeted. There is a small kitchen and a bathroom with a shower. It has lots of space, and it is air-conditioned. It is lovely. Residents have bingo and movies, and they can go out daily if they want to. If they want to go to the grocery store, they have that opportunity available to them. The staff is knowledgeable, considerate, and cooperative.

PrudentPerson February 24, 2014

My friend and neighbor needed to move to assisted living, and I went to a few places to find her somewhere good. Though Kingsley Manor isn't in the best of neighborhoods, it is a very nice place inside. It was perfect for my neighbor who is from Western Europe, as there is a very international resident population. She has a lovely little room with her own bathroom and a window with a view of the garden and the sunset sky. Their activities are pretty standard, and could use some updating, but she is doing more than she did at home. They have a wonderful movie theatre, but play all old movies.
I would recommend them. The care is fairly good, could always use improvement. You have to stay on top of any staff of these places, and be a patient advocate. My friend has some dementia, so needs this. After looking at several places, this was by far the best in my opinion. The food is ok, most seniors seem to like it, although I myself wouldn't because it's not terribly healthy. It does provide a standard diet though. The dining room is very pretty and well attended. They have concerts about once a month in one of the gardens, and other entertainment. I do wish they would graduate from the standard monthly "Birthday" party, which is rather drab, and try more innovative and interesting activities. As Baby Boomers retire, they will want something different from what is offered here. The entire place is gated and safe, and being built in the 1930's I think, has nice architecture.

Blink182 November 20, 2012

My great grandma recently sold her house to move to Kingsley Manor. The surroundings are drop dead gorgeous. My great grandma is getting pretty old but shes not ready to slow down. So this retirement community is just what shes looking for. They offer many programs and many opportunities. The staff is very friendly and inviting. The atmosphere is really peaceful. The process of moving there was quite simple. My great grandma has been there for 8 months now. I've visited her many times. She's made lots of friends at the facility. She hasn't said one bad thing about the place. They provide great food and the facility has lots of safety devices around. The staff are always there to help. I am at peace with her being there. The staff has always been very nice to her. They have helped her with any problem she's had. I look forward to seeing her and also going to the facility.

Distnction1 August 28, 2012

My Mother-in-law is a current resident of Kingsley Manor, in Los Angeles, CA. Suffering from Alzheimer's disease she is no longer able to live on her own. I and my wife moved her in, around the beginning of the year, and she loves it so far. She has a crush on one of the male nurses who is very nice and compassionate to her. The other staff is just as well mannered and very proactive. There was an incident where one of the new staff members could not find her medication for the day, and the facility paid out of pocket to replace her dosage. I am very happy to say that Kingsley Manor is definitely one of the best assisted living homes in Los Angeles. I was nervous at first, most places likes these, get bad reviews, but overall the care and maintenance of the facility is very, pleasing. I definitely recommend this facility to everyone.

commercesd May 22, 2012

We went to visit the Kingsley Manor assisted living facility since we were already in the region, looking at places for our aunt to live. The outside grounds were vibrant and colorful.

The interior foyer was like something out of a large home - very inviting, but lots of space.
The housing options were all lovely and looked like they had been personalized. Decorators work with staff and residents to update the spaces regularly to keep them fresh.

The restaurant style dining area offers many delicious choices. The lunch we saw was like you might find in an upscale diner. They also had a private dining room for friends and family to enjoy.

The staff takes residents on weekly outings for shopping and entertainment - and they also take short trips for sight seeing and nature walks around Southern California's vast area.

The exercise area had a really pretty outdoor walking path. The media center was equipped with a wide TV and there was plenty to do in the other community rooms.

The residents looked very content in their living environment and were well cared for by compassionate, competent staff.

About Kingsley Manor

Kingsley Manor is an assisted living facility in Los Angeles, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Kingsley Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Kingsley Manor

• Tagalog

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: 56 hours/week, On-call 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: All Pets

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• State License(s): 197608482