The Windcrest on Van Dorn

7208 Van Dorn St, Lincoln, NE, 68506

Reviews of The Windcrest on Van Dorn

S&R April 01, 2015

My mother loves this place. She has never lived alone in her life. She feels very safe here. She says nothing but GREAT things about the staff and the attention and care they give the residents. I dont live close to her, so it's a Blessing to know she is happy and safe.

Kim24 July 24, 2013

We chose Windcrest because of the location, services and the price. The staff is very good, attentive and caring towards my parents. The food is good, I wouldn't call it outstanding but the service they provide is excellent. The dining room is very nice. They could improve on food quality.

caring4209 June 17, 2013

Windcrest is very nice. It's large. Sometimes, they don't have quite enough staffing. They have wonderful staff that tries to do it all, but sometimes they'd be trying to push two residents at once, which is not a good thing. But, it is a very nice facility. Good people.

Ryan5 September 27, 2012

A co-worker of mine's mom died and she had to get her stuff from the assisted living home. As we are good friends and there was a decent number of bigger things, she asked me to drive up, back things up and bring them back for her while she planned the funeral.I drove up there after work on Thursday and found that many of the staff had assisted in packing things up and left cards for my friend. Some of the staff were sad when I began moving things. While I got a decent look around, it seemed like a decent to good facility, what struck me was the somber mood many had. When I had walked in, it was quiet, but not sad. As I began carrying things out, I noticed residents and staff crying or fighting back tears from time to time. I was offered a free meal about half-way through, which I ate and it was pretty good. While the facility offered many normal amenities and seemed to be quite well furnished, the thing that struck me was the obvious unity these people felt. It had been 2 days and they were sad about the loss. While I did get an informal tour from one of the nurses, the tour isn't what stood out. It was the sense of communal loss at having lost someone. While many reviews discuss the amenities or the price, I think, when it comes down to it, it is the personal connections people make at these types of facilities, that we really want for those we are looking to reside here. And my friend's mom seemed to have this in abundance at the facility.

From The Windcrest on Van Dorn

The Windcrest at Van Dorn is an assisted living community located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Here at the Windcrest, we offer our residents a variety of quality accommodations and services. Our goal at The Windcrest is to enrich the daily lives of our senior residents by providing an environment that stimulates them physically, mentally, and emotionally.

The Windcrest at Van Dorn continues to provide a place where our residents can choose from a variety of large beautiful apartments. We want our residents to remain as independent as possible, for as long as possible, while providing assistance when they need it.

At The Windcrest at Van Dorn, we care about each and every resident that lives in our beautiful apartments. We offer a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff.

Features of The Windcrest on Van Dorn