Brandon Woods at Alvamar ASSISTED LIVING

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Brandon Woods at Alvamar | ASSISTED LIVING

August 10, 2013

By mmth

I found Brandon Woods a congenial, well-run place when I stayed there for a month after a serious medical problem. At 65, I was probably the youngest "inmate." I was allowed to use my electric wheelchair, something evidently not permitted at the alternative, Presbyterian Manor, where my father-in-law spent his last days in 1989. The physical and occupational therapists were very good, and nurses took good care of dispensing my many medications. I was impressed by the caring, competent staff, the cleanliness of the place, and the variety of food available. I would have only two problems moving there: the smallness of the rooms (unless bigger ones than mine are available), and the fact that I couldn't take my beloved cats with me.

October 24, 2012

By adare

I visited this facility about twice per week while I had a patient assigned to me by a hospice volunteer service. I was always greeted by the friendly staff when I came in. The rooms are of a decent size and the residents there seem generally happy. I have also volunteered for a dinner that they host for the family of residents. Everyone that worked there and was volunteering for the night seemed to really enjoy Brandon Woods. They were extremely appreciative of all of the people that helped out for the night and provided us with plenty of free food. All of the residents were glad that we were there to help them with their plates and refilling drinks throughout the night. This facility seemed to always have events going on for their residents to participate in, and I think that that is a very important quality that more assisted living places should strive for. It was sad when my patient passed away and was no longer visiting Brandon Woods. I hope I get another patient that is a resident there soon.

June 29, 2012

By ChetJayhawk

My grandmother has lived at Brandon Woods for the past 5 years. She moved into the community after she was hospitalized and required more full time care, and constant oxygen to help her general mood and mental facilities. Ever since she moved into Brandon Woods, she has been well taken care of and happier.My grandmother was a very independent woman, living alone for more than two decades. At first, it was hard for her to live in an assisted living facility. However, Brandon Woods has been great for her. When she wishes to be social, she can go and play games and interact with other residents. If she wishes to spend some time alone, she can retire back to her apartment.The staff at Brandon Woods have always been great. They are friendly to interact with, and always help her organize transportation for her appointments. She loves to spend time in the library, and always seems to be in the hair salon.I would recommend Brandon Woods for anyone needing an assisted living facility.

Photos of Brandon Woods at Alvamar

Services & Amenities of Brandon Woods at Alvamar

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3727/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Meals Can Be Prepared "Cook To Order"

• Coffee Shop

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: Yes

About Brandon Woods at Alvamar

Brandon Woods at Alvamar offers compassionate senior care in Lawrence, KS. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Brandon Woods at Alvamar shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Lawrence, KS.

Map of Brandon Woods at Alvamar