Grand Villa of Largo

750 Starkey Road, Largo, FL, 33771

Reviews of Grand Villa of Largo

Sunny10 February 01, 2014

The Grand Villa is actually right outside my sister's parking lot from where my sister lives. They're very nice people. It actually was going to be our first choice, but they were way more expensive. That was the only reason why we didn't go with them. They were very nice, very personable, and the director knew residents names. She a very, very nice lady. But it was just too expensive. We couldn't afford to go there.

Betty42 January 30, 2014

We put my brother in the Grand Villa of Largo. Right now, he's in the memory care unit. They have both an assisted living and a memory care unit. The one thing that impressed us about the Villa as much as anything else even though they're in a memory care unit, they can go outside. There is a huge screened-in porch with tables and chairs and then you can go off of that porch into the grass and the gardens. They have golf clubs, they have a gardening cart and they have old pots. Some of the ladies will go out and plant seeds in the pots. It's all fenced, it's a gated facility. You can't climb over a 7-foot fence. If they're in the memory unit, there's no way they're going to get out of there without someone knowing where they are.

The care is superb. They do his laundry everyday. They change the beds every couple of days or when needed. They're just really very efficient. He says the food is good, I have not eaten there myself. The rooms at Grand Villa are not big. There are two men, two women to a room but they have a room where they can sit and my brother did have a television in his room for a while.

When you go into the Grand Villa, the first person you see is the switchboard operator and her desk is right there and she goes "How are you today? They're having a party back there, go on back." Their greeting on the telephone when you call the Grand Villa is "Grand Villa of Largo where home is like your home". They really try to make people comfortable and content.

It's a good place. I always feel when I go into the Villa that everybody's friendly and even some of the patients who are there will come up to you and say how are you today? They have no idea who they're talking to in some cases but it makes you feel that they're content.

They play a lot of games. They have bingo, they play word games. One day when I was in there, the director was going through the alphabet, name a vegetable that begins with P, name a vegetable that begins with C, a vegetable that begins with O. Somebody said orange and she says orange is not a vegetable. They gather around the big dining room table and play this game every once in a while.

They had entertainment the other day when I was down there. A young man was playing the part of a professional. They came in and did a show for most of an afternoon and it was somebody that used to be familiar back about the 70s and gave quite a performance. It has gotten fun to watch them. His biggest problem is that he doesn't have enough to do and they keep him busy but it is busy work and he's not used to that kind of thing but they really try hard to get everybody involved.

This was, by far, the best that we found in the area where we wanted to stay without going across town. We looked at about four different places and this one was the closest. It's about 2 miles from my other brother's house. It's about 4 miles from where I live. My brother has cancer in addition to the memory loss. His oncologist is probably within 6 miles and The Villa has transportation that they take him to the doctor and they control all his medicines.

piccer18 December 19, 2013

My wife and I recently were invited to a Holiday dinner at Grand Villa, which we attended with other friends and relatives and residents of this facility. Not only were the meals provided outstanding, there was totally suitable and quality entertainment provided. The staff was friendly and courteous, as they always have been, and the kitchen staff is to be commended for such a fine job. My sister has been in the Memory Care unit of Grand Villa after having been in another location in Clearwater for a couple of years. Grand Villa is by far an improvement- and the other facility wasn't bad, but GV is MUCH better!-and on visits to her I have always found the facility to be clean, and the staff, from Larry to the reception desk to the aides, nurses, maintenance and kitchen and serving staff, to be outstanding and more importantly, committed to caring for the residents of Grand Villa. My sister is happy there and well cared for, and we are at ease knowing she is in a safe, clean, facility. My appreciation goes to all involved.

Sandi G. October 28, 2013

My father stayed here briefly - he CHOSE Grand Villa - it was so beautiful - Mr Larry and James were overtly nice and helpful - the staff was wonderful and friendly and always attentive - as my Dad put it, if you go by first impressions, you would never know you were walking into an assisted living but instead a hotel comparable to the Waldorf.

Caring72930550 October 17, 2013

We have found the best with Grand Villa. My brother is very content. Overall, I don't think there is a thing that I could say that isn't a plus. The staff is fantastic. I only go down to see him probably twice a week but they know me by name. They have the best interests of the patients right at your fingertips. They have a locked memory unit which is one of the few in the Tampa area that have an outdoor space where the patients can go and sit, talk and play and it's totally fenced in so that there is no way they can leave. Not many facilities have anything like that. If he's not in his room which he rarely is, he'll either be outside or up at the coffee shop on the second floor. He has a new doctor which he likes. It's really been a good experience. The rooms are clean and the lights are bright. The facility has been fully remodeled within the last two years and it is gorgeous.

Leaf11 September 26, 2013

I liked the furnishings of Grand Villa Largo. I thought the facility was well-maintained. I also liked the activities they have for the folks. They have field trips and it was very good.

4u2see July 24, 2013

Our mother lived in the secured memory care unit of the facility for 91/2 months until she took a serious fall. After her hospitalization, we were informed that she could no longer return to Grand Villa, and was admitted into a skilled nursing facility. The physical appearance of the facility, both inside and outside, is very nice, especially with the present remodeling. The residents' rooms are adequate. However, the operations of the facility needs vast improvement - from lazy staff members especially the nursing director, to no or lack of record keeping of the residents,to endless excuses of care,treatment,activities the residents should have been receiving. As noted earlier, there are constant roadblocks to getting things done. Having had experience with other facilities and now this one, I would seriously keep looking.

We pride ourselves on being one of Largo’s premier Assisted Living Community and I am disappointed to learn that you did not receive the personal attention that our residents and families have expected and commended my staff for. I want to apologize that we were not able meet the level of expectation for you as a valued family member. I wish that I could personally wrap my arms around every resident and protect them from a fall. The staff at Grand Villa are committed to open communication and welcome feedback to assist in all of our efforts to create positive experiences for families. Please contact me anytime 727-586-0108. -Larry Prescott, executive director

Carol42 July 12, 2013

Grand Villa is just right across from where I live here in Largo. It was a nice place though I thought it was a little too pricey. I have no complaints about the overall place. They have a little garden outside. There were also a lot of yards and areas to sit around outside. I also saw their dining room and it was very nice. Their rooms were very nice and spacious too. Their staff was very nice. They have some listing of various things to do. They take people out to shop and so forth. Some residents would come out and look after their own plants in the garden outside. They really enjoy that kind of thing. At the time of my visit there for my mother, they had some music going on and people were dancing in the middle of the afternoon.

PatriciaClearwater July 05, 2013

The staff is good, depending on the individual. Some go out of their way; others do not. The food is good. Remodeling is nice. The outside is nice so it appears to be a nice place from the outside. The nursing staff (director and aides) are lazy. If your relative needs anything special, you will have to work for it. They put up roadblocks to getting things done. Overall, it's OK for the money.

Marigold1 February 15, 2013

Some of the other ones we visited were so expensive, but Grand Villa is just right. She was already familiar with this place because she used to be a hospice volunteer and she had a couple of patients who were there. The nurses, the chef, med techs, the director, everybody is fantastic. They treat you so well in there. It's like one big happy family. She has a 1-bedroom apartment and she's able to take her dog. The room is really cute and we took a lot of her things with her so she could feel more at home. They had this emergency pull cord in case you fall, so if an alarm would go off they send somebody right away.

It's a big enclosed facility with a big courtyard where they can go out and walk their animals and communicate with everybody. They get three meals a day in a fantastic dining facility. They also allow to have the residents' friends to come and visit and hold parties. They have maintenance guy that would come in if you need something fixing. They're very strict, but they don't have a big turnover of employees. And you don't see that too often. It's a very pretty and clean facility.

HollyK November 05, 2012

Mom's been in Grand Villa for a couple of months now and she really likes it. We had some issues with her medications, but we finally got that straightened out, and things have been good. She likes the people, the staff seem pleasant. They said we can bring in mom anytime. We brought mom before dinner, but nothing was explained to her even after a couple of days. She didn't know where she was supposed to go to get her meds. I think an orientation should be looked at a little bit. Maybe new residents come in at a specific time so that they can meet with everybody, or maybe even a handbook is given ahead of time. Had she been able to read that, that would have helped her as well.

Nancy 4 October 30, 2012

I had a chance to go in and tour Grand Villa. I liked it very much. I like that even though people are sharing their place they have individual bedrooms. They share kitchenette, bathroom, and closet, but it's bigger. They assign somebody to residents to make sure that they go to their meals, they go to activities to make sure they're more engage. I would recommend them.

Bill3 July 24, 2012

The gentleman I spoke with, the Manager was quite knowledgeable and helped me a lot in seeing the points that I haven't seen before. The facility itself is well established and well run. They definitely have enough people for their clientele. I visited the secured wing because my mom is suffering from dementia maybe that might be the way she has to go, it's clean and they have been doing some remodeling and updating things. They're trying to make things more interesting for their clients. They have an activity board laid out to keep the people busy. Their setup is they had people together. They didn't have single rooms but mostly 2-room living facilities nor shall I say sleeping facility. They didn't want people staying in their rooms. They in basically sleeping rooms and the rest of the time they wanted the people out in the common areas and socialize with the rest of the people. I thought that was pretty good for me but it wouldn't have been good for my mom. She's been on her own for so long and I don't think she could live with a roommate.

commercesd April 13, 2012

We went to visit the Grand Villa of Largo assisted living facility while in the Largo region, looking at places for my friend's mother to live.

The outside grounds were very stately, graced by a beautiful fountain. The interior foyer receiving area was like something out of a large country mansion - very inviting, but lots of space with a cozy fireplace.

The private housing options spacious apartments, and a variety of floor plans to choose from, were all lovely and looked like they had been personalized to the tastes of the residents for their comfort.

The facility offers plenty of amenities - like social enrichment activities with the community, a salon, coffee shop and bakery, comfortable media room, and lovely outdoor patios.

The staff takes residents on weekly outings for shopping and entertainment - and they also take short day trips for nature walks and other excursions.

The restaurant style dining area offers many delicious choices. The lunch we saw was like you might find in an upscale diner. We could see that my friend's mother would appreciate their menu options - since she's always enjoyed really good food. They offer guest meals anytime, as well.

The exercise area had a really pretty outdoor walking path. This was one of the nicer facilities we have seen thus far in the region.

This environment offers residents flexibility and comfort, with staff that is respectful and professional - yet kind and caring.

From Grand Villa of Largo

Welcome to Grand Villa of Largo. Our beautiful, family-style community in Pinellas County Florida offers many great features and amenities to help our residents live life to the fullest!

Grand Villa offers a continuum of lifestyle options, including assisted living, personal care, memory care, and respite stays. Residents only pay for the services they require and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate means there are no billing surprises. Everything from dining to housekeeping, social and recreational activities, and so much more, is always covered.

Our home-like environment is a welcoming and comfortable place to relax and socialize with friends. We take pride in offering a wide variety of activities, parties, classes, and lectures to entertain and engage our residents. Whether maintaining flexibility in our yoga class, taking a weekly excursion to local attractions like the Salvador Dali Museum, or simply relaxing with a good book on our outdoor patio, there is always something for everyone.

Grand Villa residents enjoy apartment accommodations that are designed for comfort and safety. Options range from cozy studios to spacious one bedrooms.

Our goal at Grand Villa is to provide a home, a community, and a family. Our mission is to provide residents with an enriching lifestyle based on good health, safety, and fun. Our commitment is to act with integrity, protect privacy, maintain dignity, and encourage independence in a family environment.

Thank you for considering Grand Villa of Largo. We hope you will choose to join our family.

Features of Grand Villa of Largo

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,195/month