Leisure Park

1400 Route 70, Lakewood, NJ, 08701

Reviews of Leisure Park

Rosemary20 June 01, 2015

Leisure Park was a very nice facility. It was clean and seemed like a respectable place. It was more affordable than some other places. The residents there seemed very happy and well taken care of.

Caring104813950 April 17, 2015

My father is at Leisure Park. When we visited the first time, appearance-wise, it was very nice. It is wide and open, and it has a nice set-up. The main lobby is very pretty. They have fresh flowers. The independent living part seems nicer than the assisted living part. That was one of the things my dad liked. We had lunch there in the independent dining room, and it had music. However, the assisted living dining room is not like that. There is no music, and the wait staff is sometimes slow. My dad is blind, so he needs assistance, but they didn't always catch that. They would just put food in front of him and not help him. Sometimes he rings for assistance, and it takes them awhile to answer the call. But with certain things, they have been very accommodating. Like the time he was having problem with his heating and air-conditioning, they came right away to fix that. The rooms are very small. His room is a one-bedroom, but it is very small. One of the positive things there is that he likes the food. With regards to activities, the couple of times I've been there, they have done word games, and they have a few musicians and entertainment there. My dad goes for exercise. In the morning, they have some kind of chair exercises.

Caring104052750 March 27, 2015

Leisure Park is very nice, but right now, I am not ready for anything like that. I see one apartment, and it is empty. It is sufficient for one person. The dining area looks very nice. The lady that I spoke to was very accommodating.

Midge1 December 30, 2014

Leisure Park was very bright and airy when you walked into it. It was very inviting. The staff was very nice. They showed me all the rooms and showed me around the whole building. They gave me a form for my mom to fill out the application process when she's ready. They were very helpful and very nice. The residents themselves that I ran into the elevator seemed to be very pleasant and seemed to enjoy the residence. They had activities like yoga classes, Wii, exercise classes, bingo, barbeque down the courtyard on summer, and music. They have a lot of things. They had a bus that could take you shopping, and they had someone with them to assist the people. The rooms were very nice. They had a studio and a one-bedroom apartment. They were all very nice, and they renovated some so that they could keep the place up.

Ellen34 October 25, 2014

We are moving my father to Leisure Park. He has not moved in yet, but so far everybody has been very welcoming and very accommodating, and I think it is going to be a great place for him. The rooms are very well-maintained. Each time a new person comes in, they redo the carpet, paint the walls, and they'll upgrade the bathroom to any kind of safety devices that you need in it. They were fairly large rooms. We all ate there, and we were actually very impressed. You go down to the dining room, and they sit you according to how you got there, you tell them who you want to sit with, and then they will have your table ready. They were very good about taking care of people with walkers, making sure their tables were placed out of the way, but also making sure they get the walkers for them when they were leaving, and the service was very good. They had a nice menu with a lot of different choices. They had a nice fitness room and a lovely crafts room. They had a lot of churches in the area, and they also bring in concerts to their garden areas. They had a gardening club, which my father is very interested in.

Lorraine26 June 16, 2014

My father is at Leisure Park. I thought they were good, otherwise we wouldn't have chosen them. My father just moved in a week ago. He has a 1-bedroom. What I like most about this community, is that they seem very flexible. Their dining accommodations are very flexible. They have long periods of time in which you can get breakfast, even for lunch and for dinner. Overall, I definitely would recommend them to others.

Caring70928950 April 22, 2014

Leisure Park was very nice. It was very clean with a lot of activities. They had a lot of bus trips. I liked how they did the security; if you were supposed to be there for dinner or for lunch, you had to let them know if you couldn't be there. If you don’t, they would go to your room to make sure you were OK. It had one-bedroom apartments.

Bill36 January 31, 2014

I had visited Leisure Park and it was actually the nicest of the bunch that I saw. It was very clean and well kept. The grounds and everything about it were very nice. The staff was very friendly and nice. They took us around. They had a very nice apartment and it had plenty of room in it. It was quite very impressive. If I were going to pick any of them, it would be that one.

Janet48 January 30, 2014

We like the location and the cleanliness of Leisure Park. The people are very helpful. My sister-in-law moved there since last November. Right now she seems comfortable with the facility. They have quite few activities for the residents like they play bingo, watch movies, and some light entertainment.

Caring74356150 November 28, 2013

My grandmother has already been placed in Leisure Park. The highlight of this place is just the care that she's receiving there. Their rooms are very spacious and clean. They are also new and updated.

dilook October 09, 2013

I am a friend of a resident who I have recently visited. I was pleased with the outward appearance of the place. I had lunch and the dinning room staff was very pleasant and helpful. She lives in assisted living but the staff told us guest were welcome to eat in the independent living dinning room and even helped us get there. After our great lunch I brought her back to assisted living and helped her to her room. I noticed some resident needing some assistance in getting back to their rooms after their lunch and one even asked me where her aid was. I noticed a lot of the aids standing where some of the residents were receiving medication. I'm not sure of the quality of care or the amount of attention she is receiving.

Elizabeth26 October 05, 2013

When my mother-in-law who's staying at Leisure Park has an issue, they're prompt in answering or getting it done. They've been very accommodating to her. It doesn't feel like you're in a nursing home or an assisted living facility, it feels more like a hotel. The facility is clean, well kept and all the residents seem happy.

Ryan9 September 27, 2013

We have been to Leisure Park and inquired about the facility. The visit was fine, but it was expensive than we had hoped. The staff were okay. You need to take the elevator there to get access to the rooms. They don't have any pool and the food was okay.

Jo9 September 23, 2013

It was isolated and I was not too happy with the activities because they were not regularly scheduled. I am not too happy with people who checked on them. I thought they were kind of lost. Their apartment was in a good size with one bedroom and one bathroom. I didn't like their food. I don't really think my friend was happy there. They needed to improve on the transportation and more activities for the residents.

Frank11 June 19, 2013

What I liked about Leisure Park is that they have independent living and assisted living. They also have skilled nursing for rehab and a dementia unit for people with Alzheimer's. In my wife's case, she had a room in the assisted living facility even though she is currently at the skilled nursing department for her rehab. I am able to accomplish her being taken care of by skilled nursing.

I have no problems with the staff. Anytime I need anything or my wife needs anything they are available. They seemed to be pleasant. They seemed to go out of their way and very professional. I don't find the food to be that bad. They have some entertainment but I would like to see more. This facility is pretty good as far as my budget goes.

JoannM January 25, 2013

My father and uncle live together. They're both in their 90s. When my uncle broke his hip, my father couldn't be by himself. He always had a bad back, but he gets around with a walker, and he did everything himself. So we put him in Leisure Park because it's around the corner from where they live. When he went in there, they put him on Oxycodone, they gave him all medicines, and they had him in diapers. A couple of times when we went there, he didn't know where he was. And he was in wheelchair because they told him he can't get out of wheelchair.

They have the people there all lined up in wheelchairs and they're all doped up. They won't even listen to me when I told them about a medicine that he's allergic to. And then he ended up getting bad bladder infection that he has to have catheter all the time, because they had the diapers on him and they wouldn't change him. So we got him out there. The doctors at the hospital informed me that they've had him on wrong medication, so he was a mess. I would never, never tell anybody to go to Leisure Park. They're mainly for money, they don't care. That's how I feel.

Marian P October 02, 2012

Leisure Park independent senior lving facility has provided my father a place to live and has helped him adjust to his failing health without making him feel dependent on care givers or family. While my father can still care for himself the facility still provides for some of his needs like cleaning and meals,and all this done with compassion and allowing for my father to maintain his dignity

From Leisure Park

Leisure Park offers compassionate senior care in Lakewood, NJ. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Leisure Park shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Lakewood, NJ.

Features of Leisure Park

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental