Sunrise of Jacksonville

Overview of Ratings

3.8

September 17, 2015

By James113381650

My father is in Sunrise of Jacksonville. The people are very compassionate and caring, and they do a very good job of taking care of them. The apartments are very clean, he shares a bathroom with someone else, and they keep it nice and clean. They eat full three meals. He belongs to the walking club, and then they have trivia activities, parties for them, history lessons, and a lot of activities. They take them out for breakfast sometimes. If he physically can get out, they take them out.

August 21, 2015

My uncle is in Sunrise of Jacksonville. I like that it is clean, and it seems like it is really a top notch. I really like the nursing care and everything there. The thing I like the most is the people. The rooms are excellent. He has perfect size space for him. The food is excellent. I think they have a really good chef there. I think they can dine in there comfortably. There is no problem. I know they have quite a bit of recreation there, but I do not recall them. I think he enjoys the chair aerobics, but I do not recall all the activities that they are doing. They have their own transportation, but it does not seem to be extremely flexible for appointments for him. He is still able to go to his appointments, but not as flexible as I like. It looks like they kind of plan their routes to the doctors. I will recommend it to others.

August 12, 2015

By Marilynn2

We were quite impressed with Sunrise of Jacksonville. It looked like a resort. The staff was very gracious throughout. We were taken around, and everybody we came in contact with would stop and speak. There was just a welcoming atmosphere.

August 09, 2015

By Charles110969350

I do not have a lot of good things to say about Sunrise of Jacksonville. This place seemed to have so many employees with so many shifts, and they were so busy. To give you an example, they burst into the room with a cell phone, and when their phone rings, they will answer it, and they run out sometimes leaving the light on in the middle of the night. They also have a lot of administration people who were never there. They had activities like exercises. My mother's room was nice, and it had a tall ceiling. I would say probably the best thing about this facility was the rooms.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience and would like to learn more as we take all concerns seriously. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

June 16, 2015

By bb80299

My mother lived here. In my opinion the company does a lot of lip services. Karen the administrator is very cold toward the residents. She has made it very clear she cares about tje dollars instead of the people who live in this facility.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

May 28, 2015

We visited Sunrise. The staff was very nice. They showed us around and showed us what they had to offer. They were very friendly.

May 08, 2015

By rnbcountrystyle

Initially this facility gave me a very good impression. However, after speaking with what appears to be the main desk person named Pam, a few times, I am no longer confident that this facility is as wonderful as it may seem. Pam is extremely rude consistently and being that she is one of the first people of contact, one might wish to avoid this place at all costs.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

December 28, 2013

I had a short unannounced preview visit at Sunrise and everybody that I had encountered were very nice. The facility looked very clean. I believed they had activities, but I cannot give any details at all. I believed they had an exercise room and we looked at an empty room.

December 27, 2013

My dad is at Sunrise of Jacksonville for two months now. Some agency helped us find it. Their working staff is very good. My daddy is really happy there. They have a lot of activities for my father like bingo, etc., and he loves it. Food is also good.

July 27, 2011

By Michele728

Sunrise of Jacksonville is a welcoming, beautiful and contemporary facility. My young children and I visited with our synagogue youth group to bake holiday cookies with some of the residents. Everyone had such a wonderful time. The staff was helpful, the residents were all friendly and we all enjoyed relaxing and talking on the outside deck next to the 2nd floor kitchen/dining room area.

Photos of Sunrise of Jacksonville

Features of Sunrise of Jacksonville

About Sunrise of Jacksonville

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Jacksonville

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Map of Sunrise of Jacksonville