Aegis of Issaquah

780 Northwest Juniper Street, Issaquah, WA, 98027

Reviews of Aegis of Issaquah

Family 8 December 28, 2013

My parents have been living at Aegis for several months. The facility and the grounds are well maintained. The social and recreational programming is supposed to be geared towards individual interests, but my parents' interests have not yet been addressed. Encouragement to participate seems to be minimal. I visit regularly. When I visit unexpectedly, I always find my parents in their room regardless of day or time. My mother is usually sleeping. The staff members are all very friendly. They have good intentions, but there is quite a communication disconnect between the management and the care staff. I quite often have to remind the care staff of my parents particular care needs. The care staff circulates through the cottages so it is quite difficult for a resident to establish a routine, familiarity with care staff and most importantly, trust. The food is of good quality, but not at the culinary level as exampled on the Aegis website. To date, the real daily living situation for my parents does not measure up to the Aegis marketing pitch given during the tour and initial interviews.

caring06201 June 26, 2013

I visited Aegis of Issaquah and the staff are very kind. The staff are fairly conscientious about making potential new comers feel welcome. They are very attentive and good as far as taking care of the families too. The only drawback is that they don't offer Medicare. The rooms are really small and they have cottages which is a different concept. They had very nice grounds for people that want to walk and it's in a very nice part of the town. It's a safe and really walk-friendly place. Their food is excellent. They have an excellent chef. The place is very well maintained, clean, and beautiful. They have a big common room where they do activities; it's like there was a party day almost every day. It was very social for those that were up for it. There were all sorts for different things for people to do every day.

Susan34 April 17, 2013

Aegis Living is very clean, the food is good, and so is the staff. Their cottage concept is geared towards my mother's needs in terms of dementia. Mother has stayed there for rested care before and she liked it, so that kind of influenced our decision. I liked their very pleasant grounds and the windows in their units look out into wide areas and bird feeders; not a parking lot, a freeway, or building. They have a fitness, mind, and craft activities as well as Bible discussion groups, which I suppose my mother will enjoy. They take outings or a ride to the community to visit different things. What I liked best about this community was that they seem to have excellent rapport with all of their residents and you could see on their faces that they really liked the people who were taking care of them. However, the last time she was there, I got upset because they called me at 3 o' clock in the morning, and they told me that her prescriptions weren't right. I was in Europe at that time and there was really nothing I could do. I just thought there were some inconsistencies between their weekend and weekday people.

From Aegis of Issaquah

Step onto our lovely grounds and marvel at our seven thoughtfully-designed cottages. You'll find exceptional Assisted Living services and dedicated care for those with Alzheimer's or other dementia. Surrounded by walking paths, courtyards and gardens, our cottages feel like charming country homes. But what truly makes our retirement community special are the friends and neighbors that live here and the compassionate, caring staff who anticipate your every need. Located just one mile south of I-90, we are close to shopping at Gilman Village, delicious restaurants, and state-of-the-art medical facilities.

Visit Aegis of Issaquah today and take a tour of our Aegis of Issaquah assisted living and memory care retirement community.

Location of Aegis of Issaquah