Robin Run

5354 West 62nd St., Indianapolis, IN, 46268

Reviews of Robin Run

Charles103137450 February 27, 2015

Robin Run is nice, but it's very pricey. We thought it was more than we're going to be able to handle, but they have all kinds of activities. I remember they are tied up with a golf course. Of course they have to pay for a fee, but it's not a regular fee.

Frank34 January 16, 2015

Robin Run is an excellent facility, and it pretty much nailed all my wants and desires. I thought it was very good. It was a very complete facility; they had everything. The staff was excellent and very cooperative. They were spotless, and the staff was very knowledgeable.

Caring79962050 March 31, 2014

My wife's aunt lived in Robin Run Village. They were garden homes. There was not much yard but there was a kitchen, a living room, a couple of bedrooms, a bathroom and a little screened-in porch. People came and mowed the lawn and shoveled the sidewalks. There was a garage and they had a car there. It was really nice, they were new. There was a pond out back with ducks and there were two elderly sisters that were living together. They were expensive though, way out of my mom's price bracket.

oldest kid August 15, 2013

This was a large facility with many amenities. Everything was clean, well maintained, nicely decorated. Staff and residents were friendly, cheerful, warm and welcoming. The floor plans of the available units was inviting and easy to maneuver. There were children on site, as they maintain a day care for the children of the staff. Children always breathe new life into a senior community. There were also small pets which I know brightens the days. There would be a great deal of walking to participate in the activities and to go to the Dining Room and I am not sure my parents could manage that on a daily basis. In a nutshell, the place just seemed too big. Also, once I got the financial information, it was much too costly for them to even consider. I almost felt like I wasted my time and theirs once I found out that our family could not come close to affording this lovely place.

Granddaughter13 November 07, 2012

Robin Run retirement community is friendly and full of opportunities. Upon walking into the facility, visitors are greeted by a friendly receptionist ready to direct them anywhere and answer any questions. The common areas within the main tower are clean and well-organized. Attractions within the main building include a swimming pool, dining area, billiards room (this could be equipped better), exercise room, resale shop, and more. The dining room could be improved with a higher variety of food. The residents seem to feel at home and happy. Robin Run does a good job at making the atmosphere less institutional. Other perks include weekly activities such as happy hour, weekend movies, performances and more. Residents are encouraged to join groups like the big band or yoga group. It may be important to add that this great facility comes with a large price. This is a great place to retire to, provided the retiree has the money!

goldenhair88 September 25, 2012

I have spent time in multiple nursing homes, as my grandparents moved a lot in the later years of their life. Robin Run of Indianapolis was the best by far. The facilities were the cleanest and the staff the friendliest and most responsive. My grandfather is bed-ridden, and a lot of places treated him like he was insignificant and pitiful. He's older, but he was (and still is!) a brilliant man who taught at a prominent university for over 40 years. The staff at Robin Run knew this because they actually took the time to get to know him! It may not seem that important, but Robin Run also had the best food and food service. Since my grandparents ate all of their meals at each of the assisted living facilities in which they lived, the quality of the food was a big portion of how much they enjoyed living in each place. We were all sorry when they left Robin Run, but they insisted on living closer to their new great-grand babies!

pulse077 February 17, 2012

The Robin Run property seems to be well maintained. They have a historic log cabin on site that had been moved here from another location in Indiana which is interesting. I was very impressed with the greeting at the front door. Everyone seems to be active and doing things everywhere. I have been able to help in their computer lab teaching people computers and it has been a pleasure working with their activities department. The residents are taken care of by having all of the amendities they need on site. There are many activities going on, a church, and a bank inside as well. The residents really seem to enjoy living there and are happy overall. They seem to have activities surrounded around music often and the seniors really get into it. I would recommend any senior looking for convenience and entertainment to check out their location. I have not seen any other Brookdale community but this one is nice.

Neru October 19, 2011

My father had multiple strokes, and was taken to Robin Run for assisted living. The nurses were very kind and my father enjoyed his stay there. His health increased because of the food, and he made a few friends there. His only complaint was that the facility was too noisy; he rarely got enough sleep because other residents were making too much noise at night. He also complained because the seniors could not exit the building alone. The exits were all secured. This made my father feel trapped.I visited Robin Run on multiple occasions to spend time with my father. The outside of the building is nicely landscaped and serene. The inside of the building is very clean looking, but it always smelled like urine.This place had very honest staff. I know this because one day I lost my wallet there. I was extremely upset because my wallet contained money, credit cards, and my social security card! I was sure someone had stolen it, so I froze all my accounts and put flags on my credit for possible identity theft. When I went back to Robin Run to visit my father, he handed me my wallet (with all of it's contents intact) and told me one of the nurses found it. This happened months ago, and I have not experienced any fraudulent activity with my credit. I am extremely thankful for the nurse's integrity.

From Robin Run

Robin Run provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Robin Run Village is committed to offering solutions for all aspects of Senior Living. Our 96% resident satisfaction rating is proof that we live out our mission statement: Enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect , excellence and integrity.

Certification::
  • Licensed Health Care
  • Licensed Personalized Care
  • Licensed Home Health/ISC
Financial Guidance Offered
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor, staging, etc.)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • Assisted Living
  • Skilled Nursing Care
  • CCRC
Cleaning Services
  • Laundry services for linens (staff washes residents sheets/linens)
  • Private laundry (residents can wash own laundry on site)
  • Housekeeping (staff provides housekeeping services to residents)
  • Organized offsite activities (outings, etc.)
  • Arts
  • Woodworking
  • Crafts
  • Games (bingo, bridge, etc.)
  • Religious services
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
Guest Services
Dining Options
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (includes oven, etc.)
  • Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Customized Dietary Options
In-room Technology
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
In-room Technology

• Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits