Forest Creek Commons

6510 U.S. 31 South, Indianapolis, IN, 46227

Reviews of Forest Creek Commons

Harold27 November 07, 2015

I moved into Forest Creek Commons on the 1st of October. The staff is OK. I have a two-bedroom with garage, but it's a bit old. The food is great, and I like the people.

Caring110104950 July 13, 2015

I went to Forest Creek Commons for a visit, and it's an OK facility. Their rooms are a little smaller. The staff was very nice during my visit. They have smaller recreation areas where people could gather around and play.

Tom106741550 May 16, 2015

Forest Creek was very clean, and the people were very helpful and answered my questions. The room that I visited was very nice. They have bingo and Wii bowling, and they keep them active. They are talking to me very openly.

Donna105885350 April 28, 2015

Forest Creek was really nice, but it was smaller and cost a lot more money. The people were very nice too and answered all my questions, but the facility was a lot further away.

Thank you so much for your review of Forest Creek Commons. We appreciate your comments about the nice and helpful staff. We also appreciate your observation regarding the size, price, and location. We will continue to strive to keep our pricing within the market rates for our area. We are sorry to hear that our location was not in the area you were looking. We wish you and your family well. Thank you, again, for taking the time to write a review for us. Your input is extremely valuable.

Denise Dickey, Executive Director, Forest Creek Commons

Caring102165750 February 10, 2015

We did like Forest Creek Common. It is a little older facility, but it seemed to be well taken care of. The dining area has a very large dining space. They made a big deal about showing the menu and introducing us to the chef that was there. They consider the food to be restaurant quality though I wasn't able to try it. It would be my third choice just because it is older. The sanitation is above average, but it didn't appear to be clean as the other facilities, and that may just be because it is old. We got there later in the evening, and the staff is very accommodating. The person that does the tour normally doesn't do it that late, but she was willing to stay with us. She spent lots of time with us. They made a point to introducing us to their kitchen staff, and they seem to be very pleasant.

Thank you so much for your review of Forest Creek Commons. We appreciate your comments about the sanitation and care taken of the community, as well as how pleasant the staff was during your tour. We also appreciate your observation regarding the age of the building and appearance. We will definitely look as ways to update and improve our appearance. We wish you and your family well. Thank you, again, for taking the time to write a review for us. Your input is extremely valuable.

Denise Dickey, Executive Director Forest Creek Commons

cebjmr November 08, 2012

Forest Creek Commons has it all! I went to several other facilities with my family members before we made a decision on where grandpa's new apartment would be. The facility is gorgeous! The designated areas where family/visitors spend time with their loved ones have a very nice feeling of "home". There is a restaurant/ dining area with a menu that changes daily where you can eat with your family and there is even a theatre with two daily movie options where family is also welcome these were features we, as a family really enjoyed.As far as my grandfather goes, he really enjoys his new apartment. He also enjoys his nurses. They are funny and genuinely have a passion for what they do. The rest of the staff is exemplary as well, they stay up-to-date with who's who and what's what. Forest Commons has been very accommodating for my grandfather's needs.

friendSarah November 07, 2012

On first arrival of the place it looked really nice and the upkeep of the grounds was very pleasant. The rooms that I visited, though not large, had a spaciousness and felt as if they were actual homes and not just hospital rooms. It was very tight knitted community with activities posted and encouraged of all residents to participate. The staff that I came in contact with were friendly and generally interested in all aspects of the daily life of their residents. I appreciated the fact that everyone was so friendly and though there was a community atmosphere there was sufficient down time for personal activities or times to just relax in your home by yourself. The d̩cor inside the homes are variant and able to be customized to an extent as most rental properties are. I mentioned the grounds were kept clean and fresh that changed with the seasons, and the buildings themselves were generally kept up as well.

Caring480 1 October 01, 2012

Forest Creek Commons seem like a very nice place, very open, and it has therapy room. It has a restaurant, you can order what you want off the menu. It has transportation to doctors. There's a nurse on-call and assisted living aides.

Missy2 February 17, 2012

Forest Commons Assisted Living Community was a very well designed and comfortable facility. The 'independent' homes were close enough to walk to the dining hall, but far enough away to be private. The rooms and apartments in the facility were also very comfortable. They had all the requirements for care and safety, yet were very warm and comfortable. The main facility was also very nice. There were various common areas were you could meet with family, play games with friends, or just relax and watch TV and not feel alone or isolated in your own room. There was a full time social coordinator. The activities that were planned really exhibited the coordinator dedication to the job. The area I really know the most about was the dining hall. The dining hall was extremely nice. It was run by a full time chef, educated in both culinary and dietic skills. Each meal was offered a healthy selection. Both lunch and dinner included some kind dessert. I was extremely impressed the facilities willingness and ability to accommodate my aunts special dietary needs. She was a vegetarian and she was having memory problems. The facility fixed special proteins for her that we provided, and they helped her remember to add special items to her food, such as nutritional yeast. This really endeared the place to me, as it is impossible to always be there. I ate many meals with her and participated in several of the organized activities and I always felt that the residence were treated with the respect they deserved and that they were really enjoyed and valued as people by the staff. There was always the person there that was to the point were they need more care than what the assisted living facility could care for. I noticed when this happened the families were always approached in a professional manner and that the facility worked with the family to make appropriate arrangements.

From Forest Creek Commons

Forest Creek Commons offers compassionate senior care in Indianapolis, IN. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Forest Creek Commons shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Indianapolis, IN.

Conveniently located near interstate and shopping - Free to come and go as you please - Pendants available for emergency service - 24/7 Restaurant dining open all day

Features of Forest Creek Commons

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Vegetarian

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Movie Theatre, W/D in apt.

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Forest Creek Commons