Treemont Retirement Community | Assisted Living Houston

2501 Westerland Dr., Houston, TX, 77063

Reviews of Treemont Retirement Community | Assisted Living Houston

Caring73868150 September 25, 2014

My mother lived in Treemont Retirement Community. The community was very nice, and the price was right. I could get nursing services in there for my mother if I needed to. I got everything I needed. The staff working there was very fine. The services rendered were very good as well. I ate there many times, and I would say that the food was very satisfactory. They had church services, meetings, and activities for the residents. The residents were kept very active. They also include the family during special occasions such as holidays. It was indeed a good experience for us!

Caring87090750 June 27, 2014

The person who showed us around Treemont was very nice, but it's not a very nice looking facility. It's very old, and it has not been updated in probably 40 years. This facility is not something my mom considered. I think they could just do something with the lobby. They need to put some nice furniture in there because it looks awful when you walk in.

Positive experience June 21, 2014

We knew Mom needed a more supportive environment and started visiting retirement communities. We were immediately impressed with the warmth of the Treemont staff and residents. Once Mom moved in, they helped her make a smooth transition during a challenging time of downsizing from her home. Mom has made new friends and is active and engaged. She no longer needs to worry about upkeep of her home, nor do we! My siblings and I are glad we found Treemont and highly recommend that you check out this community.

ashleyr June 21, 2014

Absolutely wonderful community! The staff were friendly and genuinely warm. You could tell they really cared about the residents and the community. The residents all looked very well taken care of and were happy and smiling. Lunch was terrific!

Chaplain Tom June 20, 2014

Treemont is run in vary professional manner; and are very personable with all the residents. For retirement community living you'll be pleasantly surprised, I recommend a vist and tour of Treemont Retirement Community.

Caring82982350 April 26, 2014

Treemont Retirement Community has three sections. They have independent living. My friend was there, and we had to take her out of there because we were paying a lot of money for taking care of her and had a lot of complaints. We don't do this, we don't do that. Then there is another part that is assisted living, but she wants to be in a room by herself, and they didn't have that.

Then the person in charge said she preferred health care. Home health is much better because they have doctors and nurses. There are a lot of people coming to her room and chatting with her and helping her to clean the beds, to take everything out, to clean the clothes, to check the bathroom. They take care of her room. They take her to take a shower. The bathrooms do not have showers. She has to go with them for that purpose, and they do that every day. They take her to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then if she doesn't want to go there, they ask her what she wants and bring it into her room. They have people there all the time.

They have a lot of activities, but she's so hard-headed that she doesn't want to go out to any. The only thing she wants to do is be in her room with no lights and no air conditioning, and the TV has to be on but no volume. Sometimes they have a woman there taking care of the piano, and she plays some music on the piano. There are about three places where there are pianos. Home care is like a big home with many patients, but every patient has their own room. They have a room where they go to eat. They have another room where they go do games and where they have music. It's nice. I'm pretty satisfied.

Cully December 10, 2013

The facility is older, but very accommodating. The staff is friendly and caring. The food is good and the dining area is always neat, clean and the staff that brings the food to the tables are always very nice. The facility has an exercise area, an excellent library, a large area for those wanting to play games such as bridge, etc. Religious services are held weekly and various churches participate. Almost immediate action is taken when a client has a need in their apartment. While this may not be a 5 star resort, you won't be disappointed in having your loved one live at the Treemont Retirement Community. One additional item to mention is that there are great activities each day for the clients and Treemont even provides transportation to local area shopping places and grocery stores. Before we made a decision to have our loved one stay, we visted a number of times, talked with clients who had been there anywhere from six months to more than 15 years. While our relative has only been there less than six months, we are pleased with our decision.

Lorianne June 22, 2013

My mother died in this facility in February 2013; I arrived a few minutes later, and her watch was already missing. Never found. She was also having panic attacks and had been prescribed Ativan, a tranquilizer, for that. A few days before her death I was visiting and she had another panic attack; I went to find the nurse to ask her to give my mom an Ativan. ALL OF HER ATIVAN WAS MISSING. Avoid this place. Ghouls and thieves. I am still haunted by this. The watch was a little pricy, but much more important, it was fancy and she loved it; never took it off except to bathe. I desperately wish I had that watch as a memento of my sweet mom. I cannot shake the knowledge that someone is wearing that watch right now--stolen from a dead old lady. Cannot get much lower than that.

Julio G June 30, 2012

I found the facilities to be sufficient. Not a five star resort but a suitable living space for my elderly great grandmother. She found some new friends at the facility and liked the staff. She would always comment on how funny and playful they were. She loved bingo nights and even went onside on walks with the morning group. The only thing I would say i did not like was the food. It seemed to be very cafeteria, and not much home cooking. To me it seems like people at this age should be getting three square meals a day, filled with fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of whole grains to help preserve their lives. The rooms seem to be a little outdated. They could use some new bedsheets, mattresses, and curtains. My favorite staff member was the woman at the front desk, Esmerelda. She was a very beautiful latino woman who was young and so sweet to me when I walked in. Every time I would come in to see my grandmother she would welcome me with a hello which would always cheer my day up. My great grandmother died while living here, but I could say she spent the last days of her life in good care. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to put the relative or loved one in an assisted living facility.

BEST FACILITY May 30, 2012

While entering the facility, I feel some good vibrations around me.Garden gives a beautiful look to the facility. I found happiness in the face of the senior citizens I met there. I was talking to them regarding the facilities provided & about the provider. None of them gave negative thoughts. All the comments were real and coming from their hearts.I returned home with full satisfaction. And also enquired regarding the volunteer service

From Treemont Retirement Community

Treemont Retirement Community provides the best value in senior care & senior living in Houston. As a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), Treemont provides an affordable monthly fee, ranging from $1,600 monthly to $3,750 monthly, with no buy-in. Treemont is the perfect community for those who have monetary resources, yet are frugal and want to conserve their resources. Many of our residents chose Treemont as an “affordable” option. As a CCRC campus, we are able to provide a wide range of services to meet the current needs of our residents, while also having additional home care services available should they become desirable in the future. Your address doesn't have to change as your needs do!

Treemont Retirement Community offers two options for Assisted Living:

1) Independence Plus in your Independent Living apartment. Seniors who need help with activities of daily living can receive home health services in their retirement apartment instead of moving to a licensed assisted living facility. This permits you to maintain a more independent lifestyle, and keep a larger living unit, often at a lower cost than comparable assisted living facilities. Treemont has entered into a “Preferred Provider” agreement with Senior Allegiance, Inc. which is licensed to provide both skilled home health services under the Medicare program, and Personal Assistance services. Because Senior Allegiance, Inc. maintains an office on-site, residents never have to worry about “minimum visit” charges. This allows residents to enjoy an active and independent lifestyle while being capable of adding a la carte services as needed.

The most popular of the home health services is assistance with managing medications. Another popular service is the “AM start” program that provides assistance with bathing and dressing, and helps residents get up and out to breakfast in the morning. This positive start to the day helps assure residents are able to fully enjoy the activities and social life at Treemont. Senior Allegiance offers preferred pricing for its services to Treemont Residents.

Independent Living provides an “all-inclusive” monthly rate that includes: 3 meals daily, weekly housekeeping, transportation to doctor’s appointments and shopping, a robust activities program, emergency call system in your apartment, optional security checks and more! All for a starting monthly rate of $1,600.00.

OR

2) Traditional Assisted Living in our Health Care Center. Treemont’s “all-inclusive” Assisted Living option offers personalized assistance, supportive services and compassionate care in a professionally managed, carefully designed community setting in Treemont’s Health Care Center. It’s the perfect alternative for seniors who can no longer live on their own at home, yet don’t need 24-hour, complex skilled medical care. Treemont Assisted Living has an all-inclusive price, starting at $3,750, that includes many services that the residents would find themselves paying extra for in any other setting.

Approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible by providing a tailored plan of assistance. Our residents enjoy beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, and personalized assistance and care. In your own airy, room you will enjoy all the comforts of home, and do as much for yourself as you are able. You can enjoy three home-style meals each and take part in as many of our social and recreational activities as you choose.

Meanwhile, whenever you need assistance, whether it is with dressing, bathing, dining, our friendly highly trained staff is at your services. Through consultation with you and your family and regular care plans, we ensure that you will receive just the right amount of care for your needs. Isn’t it comforting to know that you can be in good company, in good care, and be independent with a little helping hand when you need it? At Treemont, we offer help when you need it and independence when you want it.

Treemont is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) which means your address does not have to change as your needs do! We have Independent Apartments, Home Health in your Independent Apartment, traditional Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing & Rehab. Treemont is known for its long-tenured, caring staff (some over 30 years) that contribute to the "warm & comforting" feel of the community. Treemont is the best value in senior living and senior care in Houston. We offer monthly rentals with no-buy. Come see why Treemont has been Houston's "Retirement Tradition," serving generations of families with warmth and compassion.

Features of Treemont Retirement Community

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: Bingo, Bridge

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Assisted Living License, Skilled Nursing License
  • State License(s): 000409

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Affiliations

• Affiliations extra: Non-denominational. There is a rich array of religious services during the week and weekend, including bible studies. Treemont is open to all faiths.

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

Location of Treemont Retirement Community