Treemont Retirement Community Assisted Living Houston

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Treemont Retirement Community | Assisted Living Houston

June 21, 2014

By Positive experience

We knew Mom needed a more supportive environment and started visiting retirement communities. We were immediately impressed with the warmth of the Treemont staff and residents. Once Mom moved in, they helped her make a smooth transition during a challenging time of downsizing from her home. Mom has made new friends and is active and engaged. She no longer needs to worry about upkeep of her home, nor do we! My siblings and I are glad we found Treemont and highly recommend that you check out this community.

June 21, 2014

By ashleyr

Absolutely wonderful community! The staff were friendly and genuinely warm. You could tell they really cared about the residents and the community. The residents all looked very well taken care of and were happy and smiling. Lunch was terrific!

June 20, 2014

By Chaplain Tom

Treemont is run in vary professional manner; and are very personable with all the residents. For retirement community living you'll be pleasantly surprised, I recommend a vist and tour of Treemont Retirement Community.

April 26, 2014

Treemont Retirement Community has three sections. They have independent living. My friend was there, and we had to take her out of there because we were paying a lot of money for taking care of her and had a lot of complaints. We don't do this, we don't do that. Then there is another part that is assisted living, but she wants to be in a room by herself, and they didn't have that. Then the person in charge said she preferred health care. Home health is much better because they have doctors and nurses. There are a lot of people coming to her room and chatting with her and helping her to clean the beds, to take everything out, to clean the clothes, to check the bathroom. They take care of her room. They take her to take a shower. The bathrooms do not have showers. She has to go with them for that purpose, and they do that every day. They take her to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then if she doesn't want to go there, they ask her what she wants and bring it into her room. They have people there all the time. They have a lot of activities, but she's so hard-headed that she doesn't want to go out to any. The only thing she wants to do is be in her room with no lights and no air conditioning, and the TV has to be on but no volume. Sometimes they have a woman there taking care of the piano, and she plays some music on the piano. There are about three places where there are pianos. Home care is like a big home with many patients, but every patient has their own room. They have a room where they go to eat. They have another room where they go do games and where they have music. It's nice. I'm pretty satisfied.

December 10, 2013

By Cully

The facility is older, but very accommodating. The staff is friendly and caring. The food is good and the dining area is always neat, clean and the staff that brings the food to the tables are always very nice. The facility has an exercise area, an excellent library, a large area for those wanting to play games such as bridge, etc. Religious services are held weekly and various churches participate. Almost immediate action is taken when a client has a need in their apartment. While this may not be a 5 star resort, you won't be disappointed in having your loved one live at the Treemont Retirement Community. One additional item to mention is that there are great activities each day for the clients and Treemont even provides transportation to local area shopping places and grocery stores. Before we made a decision to have our loved one stay, we visted a number of times, talked with clients who had been there anywhere from six months to more than 15 years. While our relative has only been there less than six months, we are pleased with our decision.

June 22, 2013

By Lorianne

My mother died in this facility in February 2013; I arrived a few minutes later, and her watch was already missing. Never found. She was also having panic attacks and had been prescribed Ativan, a tranquilizer, for that. A few days before her death I was visiting and she had another panic attack; I went to find the nurse to ask her to give my mom an Ativan. ALL OF HER ATIVAN WAS MISSING. Avoid this place. Ghouls and thieves. I am still haunted by this. The watch was a little pricy, but much more important, it was fancy and she loved it; never took it off except to bathe. I desperately wish I had that watch as a memento of my sweet mom. I cannot shake the knowledge that someone is wearing that watch right now--stolen from a dead old lady. Cannot get much lower than that.

June 30, 2012

By Julio G

I found the facilities to be sufficient. Not a five star resort but a suitable living space for my elderly great grandmother. She found some new friends at the facility and liked the staff. She would always comment on how funny and playful they were. She loved bingo nights and even went onside on walks with the morning group. The only thing I would say i did not like was the food. It seemed to be very cafeteria, and not much home cooking. To me it seems like people at this age should be getting three square meals a day, filled with fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of whole grains to help preserve their lives. The rooms seem to be a little outdated. They could use some new bedsheets, mattresses, and curtains. My favorite staff member was the woman at the front desk, Esmerelda. She was a very beautiful latino woman who was young and so sweet to me when I walked in. Every time I would come in to see my grandmother she would welcome me with a hello which would always cheer my day up. My great grandmother died while living here, but I could say she spent the last days of her life in good care. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to put the relative or loved one in an assisted living facility.

May 30, 2012

By BEST FACILITY

While entering the facility, I feel some good vibrations around me.Garden gives a beautiful look to the facility. I found happiness in the face of the senior citizens I met there. I was talking to them regarding the facilities provided & about the provider. None of them gave negative thoughts. All the comments were real and coming from their hearts.I returned home with full satisfaction. And also enquired regarding the volunteer service

Photos of Treemont Retirement Community

Features of Treemont Retirement Community

• Licenses: Assisted Living License, Skilled Nursing License

About Treemont Retirement Community

Treemont Retirement Community is an assisted living facility in Houston, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Treemont Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Treemont Retirement Community