Royal Estates of El Paso

435 South Mesa Hills Drive, El Paso, TX, 79912

Reviews of Royal Estates of El Paso

Becky33 May 06, 2015

Royal Estates of El Paso is a busy facility. They were a lot of people around. Somebody talked to me and showed me around the facility, and I saw that it was really busy; I don’t like that. I saw the rooms, and they were nice, but I didn’t get the feel that it was professionally done. The food smelled good. The kitchen area and the dining room area were nice. At the time I was there, it was lunch time so I didn’t see any activities, but they gave me a list of their activities. It looked like they have things that interest most people. The residents that I talked to were happy, and they liked it there.

I am disappointed to learn that your experience when visiting Royal Estates was not enjoyable for you. I am the new Executive Director and I would like to invite you to come back to visit Royal Estates. I would like to invite you to come and enjoy a meal in our community. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I can be reached at 915-833-3332. I look forward to having the opportunity to meet you.

Anita Luna, Executive Director

Caring108600050 March 31, 2015

I did visit several locations, and my mom has now moved and in place. She is at Royal Estate in El Paso. When I looked, I visited three different places that offered independent living. My mother still qualifies for independent living, and there are a limited number of those facilities in El Paso. This one is the best fit in that there were a lot of mobile residents. I did talk to a lot of the residents that claim to be very happy there. They have a lot of long term residents there. They have the independent living and the assisted living. It is staffed well, and it is run well. They do have residents that appear to be happy there. It is very good. I know they have bible studies, and they take them on shopping excursions. They have crafts, card games, and different things like that. It is restaurant style dining, and the food is good. They serve three meals a day, and they have their own snacks.

Anonymous101019750 February 11, 2015

Royal Estates of El Paso was very nice. I thought the staff was very friendly. They were willing to open up any apartment for me to look at. It is in a nice part of town. The dining area was very nice, and they had a nice menu. They had a lot of activities planned every day. They had a very nice security system.

Earl7 December 09, 2014

I was able to visit Royal Estates of El Paso, and this facility was not just convenient for me. Their rooms are adequate, and their staff is OK.

Paul97698550 December 06, 2014

So far, Royal Estates of El Paso has been very good to my in-laws, and they have been there since September. The one is perfectly happy, and the other one is going through an anger stage of having to change lifestyle. It has nothing to do with the place; they are just not happy about the idea they had to leave their home. They play Bingo and cards. They had a separate little dining room when you want to eat just with your family, but the food is a little bland. The rooms are very clean and nice. The workers are very courteous. The grounds are very well kept. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Caring70555250 July 20, 2014

Royal Estate was both an assisted and a retirement facility. I visited them once, and they were very courteous. They provided a dinner meal, which I wasn't expected to partake in and they sent me home with a box of cookies. However, the street that they were located on was extremely busy. The facility was quite away from the street.

Charm May 31, 2014

We went and saw Royal Estates, and my mother is in there now. Everybody seems to really care for the people who are there, and I think that's the biggest thing. They do some exercises. They have a social hour where everybody can come together and share ideas. They make sure everybody finds something that they like to do and make sure that they have that activity available. I just had lunch there again today. It's very healthy; it's very good. There's always variety. She doesn't even complain about it too much, and she doesn't think anyone can cook as well as her. My mother is diabetic, and she is always trying to sneak the regular desserts, but they know her. They make sure she gets the diabetic dessert.

They have a lady who comes and cleans once a week, but if they fall or have something happen in between, they're not always able to get to stuff like that, but to me, it's minor. There have been a couple of incidents when my mother gets confused. She'll get up at midnight and get dressed and go downstairs waiting for breakfast. They're always very patient with her, working with her and explaining to her that she got up again at the wrong time. Instead of making her feel bad, they're very empathetic.

She had to go to the hospital, but when she came back, she was still real confused. They checked on her every hour for a couple of days, and so she started getting back on her feet and getting used to the facility again. I can't say enough good things about it. We're just happy she's there.

Caring83178250 May 30, 2014

I had visited people at Royal Estates, and it was very well run and operated. The system seemed to be fine. The two people I knew there liked it very much. They were two in a room. The room of one of the persons that I visited there had a kitchen, a nice bedroom, and a nice living room area. The bathroom was also nice. She had a caregiver with her all the time. I was there when she was joining the bingo game. I was there when they were eating, and they can either do buffet or they could be served.

cook15 June 01, 2011

Visited this facility

I currently have my Grandmother living in this facility. Overall it was the best out of the four we searched. Its in a nice area and is very close to home so we can visit often. My grandmother liked it very much and was impressed with how courteous the staff was. The people living there welcomed my grandmother very fast and she has close to 12 friends already. The services provided help my grandmother do more than she could by herself and she has learned to trust the employees fully. They serve food there that is of the best quality it seems. Our whole family knew it was the best for her.

From Royal Estates of El Paso

Senior assisted living at Royal Estates Of El Paso offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Royal Estates Of El Paso, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in El Paso has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Royal Estates Of El Paso, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Assisted Living Director of the year for the Southwest region for Senior Lifestyle in 2012___ Pet Friendly___ ICAA award winning Brain Health University___ Minutes away from many restaurants and shopping malls___ Country Store (Residents love this because it's convenient and accessible 24/7, no other community has one in El Paso)

Features of Royal Estates of El Paso

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, 24 hour security

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62