The Cloisters of Deland

400 E. HOWRY AVENUE, Deland, FL, 32724

Reviews of The Cloisters of Deland

Ron42 March 11, 2015

I like the villas and the meals at Cloisters of Deland. It was beautiful. The staff was good, the meals were good, the dining room was clean, and the villas were excellent. They had a swimming pool, and they watch movies.

Robert73669750 June 27, 2014

The Cloisters is a big place, and currently I am in their independent living area. They have 7 or 8 things to do every day. They have movies, exercise, lectures, shopping trips, and all those sorts of things. I like that this facility is peaceful and quiet. The food is pretty good. The staff are very good and very friendly. The only problem here is that their evening meal is from 4:30 to 6, and that seems like eating in the afternoon. I chose this facility because, when the day comes that I need help, I won't have to move again. It's a gated community, and they check the vehicles, so you have to get a pass or a little sticker on your windshield. A lot of their residents don't have cars, so they have several buses that take them to Wal-Mart or to any shopping center.

Caring76457750 December 23, 2013

My mom has been in The Cloisters for a year now. We chose this for her because they were more competitive price-wise. Aside from that, they were the only one that actually didn't try to get your money to move in, like ask for additional one-time fee. It is also considered the best in the area and they have won all kinds of awards. The staff is very friendly, very caring and very informative. Their rooms are better than others I looked at. They have full kitchens which a lot of the others don't have. It depends on the level of assisted living, so if you're in the highest level, then you're in a room with constant nursing care and you don't have a kitchen there, obviously because they'll be serving you three meals a day. Their dining room is very spacious for the residents. Food also is very good and everyone seems to like it. As far as activities, they have all kinds including a swimming pool, which again others don't have. They also have a gym and a library there.

Amelia2 October 26, 2013

We are just waiting for my mom's background check to clear before she could move in to The Cloisters of Deland. We chose it because of the affordability in combination with the decency of the facility. They were willing to work on my mom's social security disability. I also like the convenience of the fact that they will take them to the doctors if they signed up for the shuttle. They would also take them to the grocery stores which I think is really an awesome feature as well. They also would allow pet with a pet deposit which is fine because that way a lot of elderly folks like my mom likes having a pet around.

mndymhr December 22, 2012

The Cloisters was a great choice. The area was clean, it's a nice gated community with many features available for seniors. The rooms were nice, it's very apartment-like, very easy to forget that it's a retirement home. The cost of living is very high, which is one of the reasons my grandmother didn't choose to stay here. The staff seems very friendly and willing to help. Monthly events are put on for the residents of The Cloisters and it seems welcoming. We chose to go with a different living facility due to the price. The events and activities were probably the most welcoming aspect, they keep the seniors busy and that matters a lot.

About The Cloisters of Deland

The Cloisters of Deland is an assisted living facility in Deland, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Cloisters of Deland for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Cloisters of Deland