Brookdale Lake View

3121 North Sheridan, Chicago, IL, 60657

Reviews of Brookdale Lake View

Jessica19 May 30, 2014

Our visit at Kenwood at Lake was great. The building was beautiful, but it was just a bit out of our price range. The staff were great and very helpful. Their rooms were very nice. Overall, everything was wonderful and I wish we could afford it.

Caring82180250 April 12, 2014

I found Kenwood nice. I like the way they treated the patients who were there. They had a social worker, and I was impressed with that. It was very structured as far as the activities that they had for people. The staff looked to be OK. We looked at the people who were there. They looked like they were satisfied.

Jere1 March 20, 2014

Kenwood was adequate. It looked like it was going to work out just fine. The staff was okay. I don't have any bad feelings about them. I was looking more of an overview and I asked a few questions. They were able to give me answers quickly and confidently. It seems like they'll take care of the residents well. It was within the budget that we were looking at. They had different rooms, but we were looking at just the studio and 1-bedroom because mother was not going to get around.

Martha26 February 01, 2014

Kenwood of Lakeview was recommended by the nursing home. The staff has been very helpful and very kind. The room is quite comfortable. There's a lot going on. They have a whole lot of organized activities, they take residents by bus to several nearby stores, and they also have a library. Most residents are in independent living.

jazimama January 31, 2014

For me my visit at Kenwood of Lake View was very helpful. Their apartments were functional. The residents have their own individual apartments. The staff was fine. They're very supportive and friendly. The facility, however, was divided into two parts of a building and you have to go through certain floors in order to be able to go to other building if you don't have to go outside, so it's a little confusing.

ghasda123 July 31, 2012

The facilities seemed extremely clean when I visited the property about a year ago. Everyone seemed relatively friendly there and the residents seemed to enjoy the overall experience of the place. Everyone was very professional as they were there to help those who couldn't live by themselves. Being in Chicago, the exterior wasn't the best I wish it could have been more scenic with more nature but thats understandable due to location. The visit was a good one and I will always keep the facility in my mind in the future. There was something very memorable about it which I could probably attribute to the wonderful residents of Kenwood. There were many programs for the people and they seemed friendly in inviting anyone to join along and help out in whatever way they could.

TRUTHBETOLD June 30, 2012

THIS LOCATION WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PLACES, I HAVE BEEN. THE STAFF WASN'T FRIENDLY, THE BUILDINGS CLEANLINESS WAS NOT GREAT, I FELT THAT MY AUNTS SPIRIT WAS VERY LOW AND SHE WASN'T ATTENDED TO AS OFTEN AS THEY SAID THEY WOULD. WE WERE THERE FOR FIVE HOURS AND HAD TO ASK ABOUT DIFFERENT ISSUES, CONCERNING MY FRIENDS AUNT. THE WORKER HAD A VERY NASTY ATTITUDE. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND A PLACE LIKE THIS. IF I COULD HAVE TAKEN MY FRIENDS AUNT HOME, I WOULD HAVE. AN INSPECTION, NEEDS TO BE DONE, BEFORE LOVED ONES ARE PLACED IN THESE PLACES.THE SECON VISIT, DIDN'T CHANGE AFTER WE HAD COMPLAINED TO MANAGEMENT, SO FINALLY, MY FRIENDS FAMILT DECIDED TO TAKE HER OUT OF THIS PLACE AND TAKE CARE OF HER THEMSELVES, ROTATING DUTIES. MY FRIENDS AUNT IS IN MUCH BETTER SPIRITS THESE DAYS AND IS RECEIVING THE NEEDED ATTENTION DESERVED AND DUE TO HER. THERFORE, BEHAVIOR IS EVERTHING WHEN GOING TO THESE PLACES. IF THE PERSON LIVING THERE IS HAPPY, SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG.

vickloveesyou February 28, 2012

The people and residents at The Kenwood seem extremely pleased with their lives. The elderly have a variety of activities that seem to keep them busy and entertained as well as alone time for those assisted residents who prefer to keep as much of their independence as they can. I have never heard a negative thing from the workers i know there or the few residents i occasionally assist. It is an all around fun place to visit and i would imagine its a great place to live. The building itself is also beautifully designed, kept clean and warm in the winter and cold in the summer. The rooms and apartments are wonderful sized. Everyone seems to be well taken care of and equally independent. The Kenwood is a WONDERFUL establishment.

BevDivision June 22, 2011

I visited years ago and from what I remember, I was impressed. The staff was super kind and ready to interact with visitors and residents. We participated in games and activities. I even helped with the activities. I noticed that the staff members were extremely cooperative and eager to take part in these activities. My friend who has been a resident for years and still is really enjoys it there. He has been moved around a couple of times, but I think he found his place with Kenwood. I plan to visit him very soon.

commercesd May 25, 2011

Visited this facility

We visited The Kenwood of Lake View on Chicago"˜s north side as a possible place for our 90-year old grandmother to live. She used to live in the suburbs, but we wanted to find somewhere closer into the city so that we could visit her regularly. Since the Kenwood is right near Lincoln Park, it is very easy to get to from anywhere in the city. We also liked that it has easy access to Lake Michigan. Lincoln Park is well known in the Chicago area as a really nice residential community, which is also a plus. This location also makes it easy for them to arrange outings to the many shopping, restaurant and other activities in the area. Food is offered menu style and all of the choices looked really appetizing. They have an on-site wellness clinic which is great since our grandmother has some health issues. She loves to get out as much as she can, but is not as ambulatory as she used to be, so the group social events will be important to her. Our grandmother really enjoyed the café and garden terraces and the overall peaceful atmosphere at The Kenwood.

From Brookdale Lake View

Brookdale Lake View provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Lake View