Brookdale Marlton Crossing

1979 Route 70 E, Cherry Hill, NJ, 08003

Reviews of Brookdale Marlton Crossing

Caring104477950 April 17, 2015

A friend of mine is at Brookdale Marlton Crossing, and it seems a really nice place. The people were nice, and they help whenever there is a problem. The food seems very good. The rooms are nice as well. It is clean. I am very satisfied with her room.

Caring102358650 February 16, 2015

We went to Brookdale Marlton and actually gave them a deposit. Initially I was thinking about going there, but there were a couple of things that happened. The apartment that we made a deposit on was not available. They tried to switch us to a smaller apartment which wasn't going to be accessible. The thing that really turned me off was we couldn't get our deposit back. It would only be applied to our move if we took occupancy. To me ethics is a big thing, and I felt that wasn't something that we knew going in. If you read between the lines on the paper work, you would have figured it out. But we didn't figure it out until I asked for the money back since we didn't get the apartment. They could only apply it to the rent of a different apartment that was available. That is not nice. The staff was nice though. I have to say that the facility is a lot smaller. It seemed a little bit dated in terms of the activity center and the list of the activities. I thought the location is a little hairy to get in and out of that parking lot to get to Route 70. The room overlooked the highway. But honestly when you compare it to something with a hotel feel and luxury, it is really not fair to say that Brookdale wasn't that nice, because for the price, Marlton Crossing seemed like a good value.

Caring0593 June 30, 2014

Emeritus at Marlton Crossing was really nice. It was excellent, but when they told me that if my mother runs out of money she has got to go, I thought maybe she'd go on Medicaid because some places do. The staff was very nice, very good. The rooms were very nice. I liked it, but it turned me off when they said that when she runs out of money she's got to go.

Caring84131250 June 26, 2014

I moved my mom to Emeritus at Marlton Crossing, and so far it's excellent. Mom likes the food and she likes her room. The staff has all been very nice. I visited three others, and this is the one I picked because I like it the best. It’s clean, and the people are friendly. They have rehab, they do shopping once a week, and they have activities all throughout the day.

Caring11082 February 28, 2014

Emeritus at Marlton Crossing was my second choice among the places that I visited. During my visit, the staff were very helpful, upbeat and seemed very caring. The rooms were decent and they had services that I thought were very nice. They did the laundry and all sorts of other things. They offered the residents three meals a day. However, I did not like that it was an older group and smaller population, since my sister was only 67 years old and I wanted her in a place where there were more younger residents.

Harry19 February 15, 2014

Emeritus is very clean. My wife said it was immaculate. The rooms were nice, spacious, and airy. The people were very nice, very kind. They gave us a very nice tour. They even brought the chef out to talk to us about food which I thought was very nice. We met with the manager. Everything about it we liked. I know they had bingo. They had like a small movie theater in there that you could go see if you wanted to. Some of the people that were there actually had their own cars and I know they took them to different places by bus. There's a bus tour for them. I know they went to casinos. They had a lot of arts and crafts there. As a matter of fact, they were making ceramics and bird houses when we were there.

Margie4 February 14, 2014

We placed our mother in law in Emeritus at Marlton Crossing. She's been there for 2 months. What stands out in this place is the cleanliness, the professionalism and their confidence. They really know how to help someone transition into that kind of living. They did everything right. The system is very nice. I will highly recommend it.

Charles29 November 20, 2013

We had friends who stayed in Emeritus at Marlton Crossing until they passed away. It looked like a very clean place. They gave us a meal there and the meals were excellent. The service was good. Regarding staff, I knew that our friends who we were visiting knew everybody by their first names, so they got along well with all of the staff there.

Lovingdaughters November 16, 2013

My loved one was a resident for two years. When they first moved in it was a Sunrise facility, they were happy, needed limited assistance was very well cared for. Within six months Emeritus bought the facility, assured families that there would be nothing but improvements in everything from resident care to building renovations. We should have left when the notice of substantial increase in monthly rent was sent. True to their word there were renovations made to all common areas but not to resident's apartments. Staff either left or was cut with calls for assistance being ignored or met with complaints. Residents needing help to get around were left to sit in a corner by themselves for extended periods with no engagement or interaction. As a result my wheel bound relative tried to help themselves and had numerous falls and trips to the ER. The apartment was not kept clean, new linens with their name written on labels disappeared and tattered towels similar to what I clean my bathroom with showed up in their place. Personal hygiene products could not be left in any supply because they disappeared. Staff and management never had answers and were always slow to respond, from the director on down. When we did get a call it was delivered as a complaint, not with compassion or concern for my loved one. Family visited every weekend we did not realize the neglect our loved one was receiving until the last time they were sent to the ER and the doctors and nurses questioned who they were (sent in an ambulance without ID), where they lived and who was their care provider. Medical staff advised us to move immediately and we did. Calls to the director were unreturned and passed along to another staff member who tried her best. When I finally heard from the director she was not consoling, concerned or apologetic rather irritated and rushed. The kicker, we received a new lease with another substantial increased in monthly rate. Look else where.

Jackie20 October 17, 2013

Emeritus was small which meant it did not have enough people to do the activities I was interested in. It was an older building and was not built as a nursing home or assisted living and I did not see handicapped facilities built into the rooms unlike the newer facilities that were built for this purpose.

Philip5 October 15, 2013

Emeritus seems to be the cleanest and the nicest place. It is a vibrant and a newer facility. It looks inviting and beautiful. My mom has a very nice apartment with a little living room and a little kitchenette. She is satisfied with the apartment itself. The staff is very pleasant. They seem courteous, accommodating and caring.

Phyllis Richman July 29, 2013

The Family Event, held in Memory Care Neighborhood on 7/28/13 was absolutely PERFECT in every single way!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mother was having a tough morning but attending the Family Event made the entire day (I stayed until around 4pm) fabulous!!! Hats off to Chef Dave and his staff!! The food was delicious and beautifully presented. My mother ate a good amount of a sampling of each dish and really was happy asking for MORE of one or two dishes. The dining room looked gorgeous and festive with balloons and a lovely "Welcome" banner that was hung right at the buffet. The DJ was fabulous!! Everyone was moven' to the music! The Family Event, as always, was superb and I thank you very, very much. My mother had FUN...I had FUN!!!
Before the Family Event there was a Family Council Meeting. Mary facilitated and Mary, I have come to the conclusion that you've brewed a secret, magic potion. Mary dear, you and your extraordinary staff are completely, without exception, so kind, so caring, so authentic, so professional every single time I've visited with my mother...and that's almost every single day and during different shifts including the late night shift. Mary, you are a perfect, and I mean perfect role model. You embrace the needs of the residents as does each member of your staff. And please know that I am extending what I'm writing to each member of your staff, and all who work in The Wellness Center, the unbelievably lovely, helpful and patient front desk staff. And Jeanne, your energy, warmth, sincerity and all the activities you plan so beautifully mean so much to me and I can see by the reaction of the residents, who you are and what you do means so, so much to each and every one of the Emeritus Family. Don't forget! You're an inspiration to the staff!!! Back to the Family Council Meeting...I was 15 minutes late but for the time I was there I want to tell you, Mary, that you look so beautiful with your sparkling eyes, your warm smile, your sincerity, your awesome professionalism and your infectious sense of humor. You never forget anything!! (secret potion). You addressed every single comment, question or response or you would say you'd get back to a family member or resident. The Memory Care neighborhood is an example of the definition of words like warm, inviting, welcoming, calming, responsive, fun, with an ever growing number of activities that are all planned so well and executed by you and EVERY member of your awesome staff without a flaw....exactly how many doses of your magic potion do you share with your staff?
I'm just having a little fun with the 'magic potion'...I have really been around and for 25 years served as the president/ceo of a mental health agency. Emeritus is managed with amazing skill and passion. Suzanne and each member of your staff are so special. Suzanne, there is such consistency with every single aspect throughout Emeritus @Marlton Crossing. I'm being very specific because I want anyone who reads this to really consider what I'm sharing. I hate Rt. 70 but as soon as I turn into Emeritus I realize I'm in a very, very special place on the planet! I have NEVER seen even a piece of paper on the grounds. The gardens are gorgeous, there is a meticulous attention to detail. The front doors open and Suzanne, you extend to all who enter the doors something to drink. That shows caring! Every corner of every place I've been throughout the building is really spotless. The air is fresh. There is always some activity going on. Each staff member I've even seen really is attentive to the needs of each resident living in the neighborhoods of Emeritus at Marlton Crossing. Staff engage the residents and hugs and love are plentiful. Tim, how do you work your magic of maintaining Emeritus??? The Housekeeping staff are truly remarkable. What a clean, fresh smelling environment you work so hard to maintain. All the furniture is beautifully polished, the carpets are always vacuumed..the entire building is quite amazing. Thank you. And Dave, you and your staff present delicious and healthy meals so beautifully. The table settings are lovely, you have been fantastic when I've used the private dining room...I was in the kitchen the other day and it's so clean!!! Awesome!!! Readers, please know that although I'm thrilled and enthusiastic about Emeritus at Marlton Crossing but my heart is broken. Mary is continuously helping to educate as well as support me, but although I try so hard to embrace the moment, I'm losing my mother...she is fading away. Everyone at Emeritus and everyone in Memory Care are just wonderful, but this is a horrifying experience. My mother has a very clear idea of what is happening to her. She looked at me the other day and said, "Well Peep, what's next? Will I completely lose my ability to talk? I know what's happening to me. I'm losing the functions of my brain, little by little. Will you stick with me 'till the end? I'm so frightened." Those were my mother's exact words. How do you redirect that? We hugged and we cried together. What Emeritus is not doing is curing my mother, restoring the use of every function of her brain, making sure that she'll walk again. Emeritus is not helping to slow this horrible process down. Of course, none of my deep hope, wishes, prayers will be answered. Let me share with you that if my mother was not at Emeritus at Marlton Crossing life for my mother and me would be intolerable. We are blessed by having found Emeritus. And we are being given such amazing gifts by being at Emeritus. Emeritus at Marlton Crossing is extraordinary. I am so thankful. God bless you.

tapc April 17, 2013

My mom was a resident at this facility for 5 1/2 years and was in the Memory Unit all of that time. She was good on her feet but pleasantly confused. I found the administrators to be very distant, always looking for ways to nickel and dime you and try to increase the resident's bill, many times unjustified..With every attempt at an increase in my mom's bill ("show me where her care & she has changed", they could not justify the increase. I saw my mother all the time and knew what she was capable of doing/not doing. They told me she could not feed herself, yet when she went out with a family member to a restaurant, she fed herself. They usually did back down but it was constant vigilance. My mom (who was good on her feet), fell twice at this facility in a totally supervised room. She was hospitalized with head trauma, sent to Rehab...She worked hard and made a decent recovery. She was NOT accepted back to Emeritus after her Rehab...It was ok for them to take my mom's money for 5 1/2 yrs but now they would not take her back....they knew they were at fault and the 2nd fall should have NEVER happened. She went elsewhere and had the kindest, conscientious and sincere caregivers! Find someone else to place your loved one, this is NOT the place!

SusanInOaklyn November 14, 2012

Visited Emeritus at Marlton Crossing while seeking a Memory Care placement for a relative. Had an 11 am appointment to meet with a sales representative on November 12, 2012. I arrived at 10:57 am, gave my name to the receptionist, and was asked to wait in a conference room. I noticed that the conference room's carpet was dirty; there were also dead insects on the carpet. I waited until 11:25 in the conference room but no sales rep showed up. When I departed the facility, I informed the receptionist that I had another appointment to keep. She asked me if I wanted the sales rep paged; I declined and got out of there as quickly as possible.

George5 September 13, 2012

I visited this facility to see my friends mom. This place has everything you can need. They take good care of your loved ones, that they feel at home.They give assistance with daily chores like dressing , bathing. They have trained staff who are available 24/7 to help and take care of people. They even provide transportation for visiting the doctor. This place s really awesome , I am sure that every one feels like home and are happy here. They live like a family here. Really a great place.

Abhi1 August 28, 2012

We visit this facility every weekend and spend some time with my friends uncle. This place is really awesome.They provide direct assistance with everyday tasks, like bathing, dressing and meals and all day to day activities. They have trained professionals to take care of all these people and they treat them so well like their own familiy members. You will find a homely atmosphere in this place.They do even help with transportation to doctor appointments.This place is really cool. That is why prefer to spend time here instead of going to a movie or shopping.

ggs41488 June 23, 2012

The staff is great and seem to genuinely care about the people living there. The facility itself looked more like a cheap motel than others I had toured, with water stains and peeling wallpaper here and there. The facility offers some amenities to the people living there, but most seem to prefer to keep to themselves. There was a special unit dedicated to memory care, which I found promising due to my grandfather's declining short- and long- term memory.

duddud501 March 16, 2012

My mother lived here happy & problem free for 4 years before Emeritus took over. In the year she lived there once they took over, everything about her life declined-she got to the point where she wouldn't go to the dining room for her meals so she ate every meal, every day by herself in her room, she was asleep any time of the morning, afternoon or evening when I went to visit (I now believe she was being medicated so they didn't have to bother with her) and she was not even speaking--90% of her verbal skills seemed to have vanished. I moved her to another facility in December 2011 and the complete turnaround her life has taken is unbelievable. She is participating in daily activities, socializing with other residents, talking up a storm, making jokes and just generally enjoying her life. The staff at Emeritus wouldn't recoginze her now-just as I didn't recognize the person their neglect created.

chole December 15, 2011

Numerous problems with this facility including but not limited to -losing patients one was actually brought back by police staff didn't even know they were gone, citations by dept of health, short of staff, some days no nurse even on duty just med techs, frequent falls,

From Brookdale Marlton Crossing

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Marlton Crossing