Reviews of Southern Oaks Assisted Living
Aaron357681 November 21, 2016
I visited this facility
Southern Oaks Assisted Living was a smaller homey-type place. It was very clean, very attractive, and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. They had like a little congregate where people came together. The parking was OK.
Rebecca331152 August 02, 2016
I visited this facility
Southern Oaks was a smaller community, which is not a problem. One thing I didn't really like is they don't have transportation to doctors' appointments on an ongoing basis. They could arrange special arrangements to go to a doctor's appointment if necessary but that was a drawback. The place was nice and very small and had been established for a number of years. They were also very friendly and very willing to work with us. The price was good and something that we probably could afford. They have activities but I don't think there are many maybe because they're a smaller place. They didn't have fine dining.
Thank you for your review. You are correct that we do not have transportation to doctor's appointments, however, we do have the doctor's nurse practitioner (thru In Good Health, a doctor's home visit company)come weekly to see residents in-house so they do not have to be taken to the doctor. Basically that service becomes their primary care doctor.
Linwood May 11, 2016
I visited this facility
I visited Southern Oaks Assisted Living. It was a small, compact community. Everyone is very friendly. The environment is very attractive, and I think they provide a very high level of care. One advantage is that they have a single price that covers everything, so there would not be an increase in expenses. However, I was not looking for assisted living; I was looking for independent.
Sandra121034950 February 29, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
We like Southern Oaks Assisted Living real well. They have good service. It’s like a big family that lives there because they do care. Everybody is very nice and it’s very clean.
From Southern Oaks Assisted Living
Welcome to Southern Oaks Assisted Living
Southern Oaks is all about caring. Private apartment living with service and assistance from an experienced staff that support family and friends to insure each resident is living life to the fullest. We have thought of every detail so you have true peace of mind.
The size of our center is intentional, with only 24 units our residents have a family style experience where they develop friendships and get to know the staff members personally. Many of our staff members have been with us for 5 to 10 years. Residents and family members value this experience as it leads to quality care, a trusting relationship, and greater resident satisfaction.
One additional point to consider, Southern Oaks ownership, with over 60 years of experience, is actively engaged on-site at our center to remember the small things in life that make such a positive difference.
Southern Oaks also offers care for individuals who need support on a short-term basis when caregivers are unavailable due to illness or travel.
Call for more information or schedule a visit to find out how Southern Oaks can enrich your or the life of a loved one.
- Medications: Monitored daily with pharmacy. Delivery services available.
- 24-hour Personal Assistance: Staff will assist with bathing, grooming and dressing as needed.
- Housekeeping: Provided weekly or as needed based on individual needs.
- Laundry: Provided weekly at a minimum or more often depending on resident needs.
- Food Service: Three home style meals served daily plus snacks and beverages.
- Activities: Social events, games and physical exercise are planned throughout the month.
- Beauty Shop: Services available on a weekly basis at our onsite beauty shop.
- Therapy: Physical, speech and occupational therapy can be arranged with local home health agencies.
- Utilities: All utilities are supplied. Telephone and cable TV are contracted individually with local providers.
Thank your for taking the time to visit our website. We look forward to visiting with you about your needs. Call for more information or schedule a visit to find out how Southern Oaks can enrich your or the life of a loved one.
What Makes Us Special
One additional point to consider, Southern Oaks ownership, with over 60 years of experience, is actively engaged on-site at our center to remember the small things in life that make such a positive difference. Our rate structure does not fluctuate based on assessments or a point system that defines care levels. Our all-inclusive rate covers all services available.
Features of Southern Oaks Assisted Living
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Beauty/Barber shop
- TV room
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Book clubs
- Guests can attend meals
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $2,150/month
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
Location of Southern Oaks Assisted Living
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities