Brookdale Champlin

119 East Hayden Lake Road, Champlin, MN, 55316

Reviews of Brookdale Champlin

Bonnie110932550 August 10, 2015

Brookdale Champlin was good. They appear to be a little more towards the institutional look than the other places. The activities seem to be adequate. When we were there, they were not yet a Brookdale company, so they may have improved. The staff was very nice. They had exercises, too.

Caring108540250 June 20, 2015

We visited Brookdale Champlin (Formerly Emeritus at Champlin Shores). The staff was nice. It was clean. They have shared units for Elderly Waiver, which was a downfall for my grandmother. The dining room was a little bit bigger because it's a bigger community.

Caring105393150 May 03, 2015

Emeritus at Champlin Shores was very nice. The people were friendly. They had lots of activities and shuttle buses. I didn't try a meal, but there was a lot of variety, and they could order from a menu.

anonymous102090150 February 10, 2015

Emeritus at Champlin Shores has comfortable rooms, good security, and very helpful staff. My mother is in the memory care unit, and it is a secure area. The sanitation seems to be excellent. The food is not first class, but it is certainly acceptable.

Cindy98958450 December 21, 2014

My mother moved to Emeritus at Champlin Shores in October. She is not in the assisted living portion right now. She is in the retirement portion of it, so she doesn't really get any of their services outside of meals and housekeeping. They do a nice job of keeping her apartment clean. It is well kept, clean, and well maintained, and the rooms are spacious. They have everything that you need in them. She loves the food -- so apparently their meals must be pretty good -- but I myself have not tried them. The activities are not great, and they don't have a lot of good variety of activities. They have bingo, crafts, movies, crossword puzzles, church, and driving around the city looking at Christmas lights.

Frankie3 May 11, 2014

I toured Emeritus at Champlin Shores, and it’s a big facility. They have a lot of people about and down in the common area talking and laughing. The people were friendly. We actually preferred the apartments there, but it was much bigger, and Dad is a very shy man. It was clean. No hint of a nursing home about it, which was a big thing for us. The staff are very nice. Everyone I spoke to was very nice, upbeat, and smiling. You don’t get the impression that these people were being severely overworked that you sometimes get in a nursing facility. As we were standing there watching, we would watch residents come up and ask for something, and the staff have answers for them, or they are prepared to get answers for them. They give me a monthly calendar of activities, and they have at least one, if not more, activities a day. It seems that they really want to get the residents out of the apartment and socializing. It seems that everybody was very happy.

Suzanne18 January 31, 2014

My father will be moving to Emeritus at Champlin Shores. It was very nice. It was bright and cheery. As far as cleanliness, it was very clean. Everybody had their own bedrooms and own bathrooms. It was kept up very well. They did have a very nice dining room. They would have a lot of different activities for their residents. During the summer, they have a place where you can walk around the facility. I know that they do like bingo, puzzles, and there are different group activities. They have a big screen TV where they would have movie nights with popcorn. I would absolutely recommend them to others.

Caring75126950 January 31, 2014

I went and visited Emeritus at Champlin Shores. I've know about this facility because I go by it on my way to work. I like best their location. Their rooms were nice. The staff was very helpful. They did have different things for activities.

Caring76184750 January 30, 2014

I like the openness and the brightness of Emeritus at Champlin Shores. In the memory care unit which I was most interested in, I like the attitude of the people. I like their philosophy of working with people that have memory loss. They also have a fenced yard where they can walk around and I just like the way they managed it. They have two beds in room and I didn’t like that too much because there's no room for anything, but my daughter pointed out that is part of their reasoning to keep them out of just staying in their rooms and for them to be out to the rest of the people that are there. The rooms were very nice otherwise and they had a bathroom in each room.

Chery2 December 23, 2013

We were given a thorough tour of this facility by the Community Relations Director. We had the opportunity to see some of the residents while we were there. They all seemed to be very happy. They all knew the director's name as she knew all of their's. The facility is bright, cheery and welcoming; actually a place I would welcome as my home down the road. Champlin Shores gives me the peace of mind I never imagined I would find in an assisted living situation.

Cathy35 November 27, 2013

Emeritus at Champlin Shores is a pretty big facility. It’s a little bit older, but still very nice. It's an assisted living and they also have memory care, but a lot of them are filled up and that's the problem. From what I could see, the staff all seemed really nice and helpful. The guy that showed us around was very helpful. They have a lot of activities and looked really nice. The rooms were nice and spacious. I just think they need some a little bit of updating.

BobLund November 25, 2013

My mother has lived at Champlin Shores for the last 4 years. We did have some problems with the staff a few times in the first couple years, but I am writing now as things have changed so much and gotten so much better. They have changed many things in the last couple years, which have been really good and I think it shows how much they care. Their new director and nurses are great. My mom has some pretty difficult health issues and they always take care of her and communicate really well with myself and my brothers. I would recommend Champlin Shores to anyone looking to help their family.

Jim37 September 26, 2013

We took a tour of Emeritus at Champlin Shores. It has a huge lobby area, and residents are often seen down in that area either just by themselves or with visitors. It has a friendly feeling. I just was so impressed with the action of the staff with residents and the staff among themselves.

Rhian September 19, 2013

I went to Emeritus at Champlin Shores and the place is okay. The facility is in a nice location and the place looked clean. They have many trees around the facility and the place felt homey. The staff were pleasant. We have a friend that lives here and they seemed to be happy.

Mark10 March 21, 2013

Champlin Shores is close to my house and I like it that they give you an all-inclusive price instead of a-la-carte and everything. The food, place, and staff are all very good. My mother is happy since she moved in. If there's anything they need to improve on, it would be communication from their nurse regarding medication.

mph February 26, 2013

I would not recommend this facility for anything beyond Senior Housing. They are inadequately prepared to handle anything beyond basic senior housing and perhaps distributing daily medicine. Very disappointed in the care our mother and father have been given. They are very quick to take our money and assess late fees, and charge for extra services, but have not delivered on everything we've been promised and have been charged for.

We take reports like this extremely seriously and have rigorous systems in place to help us address any issues or concerns about the care we are providing to your loved one.

In this case, we urge you to contact our EthicsFirst page at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics so you may openly and confidentially provide us with the information we need to investigate your concerns and, ultimately, improve our quality of services throughout all the Emeritus communities. When you contact us through this avenue, you can choose whether or not to remain anonymous. The information you provide will go directly to the Emeritus leadership so they can review it and respond to this incident promptly.

We truly regret that you had an unpleasant experience with this communy. Again, please take advantage of this feedback tool. Communicating to us about your experience is vital to our organization and our ongoing efforts to improve our quality of care.

mike3 January 20, 2012

Great facility and awesome staff! Worked with us every step of the way in helping our parents make the transition from independent living to assisted living.

commercesd January 04, 2012

We stopped in at Champlin Shores while in the area looking at various assited living facilities for my friend to consider. The outside grounds looked well kept and the staff was quite nice, despite the fact that we did not have an appointment.

We could see that residents here are treated with compassion. We liked that they offer varied care according to each individual: from the traditional to less invasive types of memory care "“ tailored according to need.

The interior rooms were nice and seemed to be of average size ranges "“ all nicely decorated according to taste and well-designed. The larger units had an extra room for visitors. Each dwelling was private, though staff checks on residents regularly.

The home-style meals looked delicious and they offer many healthy snacks throughout the day, which they encourage eating. We could see that they make every effort to maintain and improve health quality with the menu and snack choices.

The social activities offered included everything from exercise to seeing a local play in town. The library staff visits them regularly to update their on-site library. They also get movies on a regular basis and subscription with a local vendor. The seating areas all looked peaceful and there was a space for more interactive participation, such as for games and parties.

The staff seemed very friendly, warm and caring. We were invited to come back to see some of the activities offered to get a better gist of day to day life there. Overall, we really liked this facility and could see how much the residents enjoy living there.

From Brookdale Champlin

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Champlin