Summerfield Retirement

3409 26th St W, Bradenton, FL, 34205

Reviews of Summerfield Retirement

Curtis215660 August 24, 2016

My mother is at Summerfield Retirement. I am very pleased with everything. The staff answered all my questions, and they seem to be very attentive to everything my mother needs. The apartment had just been refurbished when she moved in. The food is very nice.

Thank you, Curtis! We are so happy to hear you and your mother are both pleased with everything, and that you also find our food to be very nice. We love what we do, and consider it an honor to get to do it -- thanks again for your comments and appreciation!

Thomas550148 August 17, 2016

Summerfield is modern, clean, and bright. It has a beautiful dining room and nice grounds. It's affordable with bigger rooms for less money, so we transferred my parents there.

Randal1 August 16, 2016

Summerfield was very nice. I liked the people that run the place, the directors, and the manager. The staff seemed attentive. The rooms were very clean, average sized, updated, and well-maintained. This was the best value for us.

Brian41 May 11, 2016

When we visited Summerfield Retirement, my wife seemed to like it herself. My wife is being taken care of very well. The food looked very nice. My wife's bedroom is always nice and clean, they make up the bed everyday. The dining room and lounge area is nice, clean, and well taken care of.

Judy WagnerJPDCU May 11, 2016

Lovely old FL style, all on one floor; rooms are deluxe studio with small kitchenette, walk in closet, private shower. Protected wooded area on side of facility with boardwalks and screened gazebos; staff are finger printed and background checked although not required under FL regulations; very clean and pretty. Library, TV / Wii room, bistro in addition to three meals a day in large dining area, live music on occasion, price is reasonable compared to NY prices. Also, and maybe the best, facility allows extra help in place so start independent and receive additional assistance as needed without being moved to the 'high rise'. Capacity 137, abut 30 in the full assistance ward - mostly alive in bed but unaware. The rest get about independent or with walkers and chairs (very few of those seen). Will update after moving Mom in for a while.

HB2 December 20, 2015

Summerfield Retirement is a slightly newer place, but the air about it seemed to be more like a nursing home more than an assisted living. It looked very clean and organized. They just needed a more centralized location for the residents there. A lot of the residents were congregating at the front of the location, and they looked not being observed as well as they should. The staff seemed very pleasant and nice people though.

Anonymous102698050 November 12, 2015

Summerfield is friendly, warm, cordial, and inviting. They are very willing to please. I would live there in a heartbeat, but we just couldn’t make it happen due to the financial structure. They were awesome, and I made a friend there. The rooms were outstanding, and the food was awesome as well. The environment makes you feel like you're on a cruise ship.

Polly3 October 23, 2015

Summerfield was very nice. It was a bit old fashioned but homey. The people were very nice and helpful, and the rooms were very nice.

Patricia111922750 August 15, 2015

Both my parents are now in Summerfield, and they have a one-bedroom apartment. I like that it is convenient for the family and that it is all on one level. They have been there not quite a month, and mother is having a hard time adjusting. Staffing seems a little sparse, but the people that the family had dealt with all seemed very nice. It is just a big adjustment.

I liked the menus that I have seen, and I thought the food was very good. In fact, they did a birthday dinner for my father's 96th birthday, and that was excellent; they made a special meal for us. My mother complains that she doesn't think there is enough food, but it looks adequate; it looks more than adequate. I think the room is very nice. It is bright, a pale yellow, and both rooms have a big window with blinds on it and white sheer curtains. The refrigerator is tiny, and I would like a bigger refrigerator, but they have two bathrooms, which I think is a plus. I don't think all of them do, but I think it is very nice. They have Bingo, and today they have an ice-cream social at 3 o'clock. There is chair and yoga, and there is a beautiful outdoor garden for a nature walk.

I would suggest perhaps having more staff available. We were told that they do have these lavaliers that they wore around their neck with a button that they can press if they need help, but it seems there is a long response time, especially because my father needs help getting on the toilet. But the people that we've met have been very nice and very kind. It just seems like there should be more of them.

Caring111416450 August 10, 2015

We had our visit at Summerfield Retirement Residence, and it was fine. I was going to move her there, but she refused to move because it was too small for her and the view just looked out on another building. The biggest thing that I liked about this facility was their food and their nursing staff. They are very good; that is why I wanted to move her there, but she would not.

Caring0380 March 23, 2015

Summerfield Retirement Residence was very nice, but I think it was too high-class -- what my neighbor would call high-class for her. It is more for people who have been aristocrats, and she had not been one. It was beautiful, laid out very nicely, and kind of big. You need to be very mobile to be there.

caringtogether November 14, 2014

I stopped in to tour this community a few days ago. Many things were going on. I understand that they are remodling all areas of the community. Currently seeking memory care. I noticed that they have therapeutic programs to include music and reminiscencing which I think my mother would love. I spoke to one of the family members who told me they could have not picked a better place. But advised me that the first month would be difficult and hard. She proceeded to help me understand what I could expect. I think I will be moving mom in but just so scared to pull the trigger. Will keep you posted.

roxieismydog316 July 27, 2014

I placed my dad here. I liked the fact we could go walking outside and the dining room with its choice of foods. I was told they were a memory care facility and could handle my dad's Alzheimer's. This is absolutely not true. My dad was in the locked area, which he needed. Staff rotated quickly and some even yelled at him. They held him responsible for behavior he was not responsible for. They even had him Baker acted when his sleep schedule became disturbed. The public areas are small and ther is limited staff. If you have an elderly relative who is a tad senile but still is aware of their surroundings this could be a good fit for you. If they have full blown Alzheimer's, search elsewhere. If you are self sufficient and don't need the lock down ward, this could be a very nice place for you

Caring85040550 July 23, 2014

Summerfield Retirement has lovely surroundings around the units, and it’s peaceful. The apartments were nice, but there was something in the carpet. I had trouble breathing when walking down the hall.

Caring4742 June 26, 2014

Summerfield is smaller and nicer, and it is only ground level, that's why I chose this for my husband. I got him a one-bedroom apartment in the assisted living, and it has two full rooms. They have an excellent activities department. They have a full-time activities director, which other facilities do not have. They give the clients the opportunity to go on the bus up to four times a week. They can take the bus to go to the bank, to go shopping, to go out to lunch, to do various things.

Gary33 May 10, 2014

Summerfield Retirement has probably the best sales staff. Many of the staff there has worked for 15 to 25 years. We had lunch there, and food was very good. The rooms were very nice, pleasant, and the view out the window was very nice. They had the usual things, like bingo and crafts. The thing that stuck out is a really nice nature trail and area for the residents for things outdoors. So it's a much nicer than the average place to take a walk. The overall atmosphere was just very light and homey. It didn't seem medical, like some of the others.

AG2 April 12, 2014

I've been in Summerfield about 3 years. Summerfield has been in transition almost from the time I came here because it changed hands, but they have done a lot in upgrading here: painting and putting in new floors. We got completely new heating and cooling units that are up high on the wall. They have a clicker, you go operate it by clicker, and that's very handy. I'm seeing some rooms now are getting wood floors put in. There are lots of rooms here, and the building is only 1 story, which I like, too.

Overall, there have been a lot of problems, but they have been very good in taking care of them. We've been struggling with the food situation, but it is getting better. We had a good chef who left recently because they were cutting back on some things. We have a resident council once a month, and everybody can go to that and can express their problems.

They have all kinds of activities that I don?t participate in. I'm a book worm, and I would rather be reading a good book than playing bingo or all those other games they play. There are a lot of people involved in those, and we have people with all different levels of mental abilities, too. We have one locked section where people are really bad, like they would go out and run away.

Carol79020450 February 28, 2014

I already put my mother in Summerfield Retirement. I like the fact that it is within my driving loop where I normally go, so it is convenient. It is close by so I could visit more often. It is also ground floor and not like a hospital setting. At Summerfield, it feels like you live in a mansion. I go in and out there everyday and I went there in all sorts of hours, so I have checked it out thoroughly. Outside, the facility looks like a plantation in the South. When you open the door, it has a beautiful lobby. Also you would look into this living room with fireplaces and a piano, and further you can see the dining room and the card room. It has a wonderful elegance feel to it. Then the rooms are off to the side. You can have a suite that has a little refrigerator or you can have a plain studio. You can have your spouse because there are suites that have two rooms. You can also bring a pet. They have a really wonderful and accommodating staff. Their admission person has been there for 23 years. With regards to admission, they were extremely accommodating. They made the admission and the financial part very easy. They accept Social Security plus my mother's VA benefits, so between that it would cover the cost, which is very good because some of other facilities are more expensive. I've talked to the manager and if there is any little difficulty, he would fix it, even if it was just a dead flower on the table. They are just very gracious and helpful.

Barb's buddy January 31, 2014

I went to Summerfield Retirement for a visit. I did not have anything against it but it was the least that I liked. They had a lovely place where you could walk outside and I liked it very much. There was also a little summer house where you could sit. I did not like that the residents with dementia were tucked way in the back. It was a locked-down facility towards the back of the place rather than being treated like everyone else. I preferred that the whole building was for mental care so they were not compared with the other residents.

Kristina2 June 13, 2012

The staff was very friendly and go along well my my grandmother diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She can be frustrating sometimes, so this is a great feat. It was easy to visit her, and the staff was also caring towards me. They remember details about me which she had told them about, that was very nice and comforting to know they care. She had freedom to visit her friends also staying there as well as freedom to go outside as she pleased. She had many amenities available to her. The facility was clean and well taken care of. She said she enjoyed the food, I agreed it looked fresh and well prepared. I am overall very impressed with this place! I would recommend it to anyone wishing to have their elderly relatives or friends cared for.

damicoj September 30, 2011

Summerfield offered my Great Aunt the freedom that she needed to live on her own without actually being totally on her own. My Aunt was able to come and go as needed for doctor appointments and family gatherings. My Aunt really enjoyed having other people around her verse being stuck at home with nothing to do and no one to talk to. Our family found a lot of comfort in the fact of knowing that she was not home alone, just in case something happened and she needed help. Summerfield offers a bus that takes their residents on daily shopping trips or to the movies and many other different adventures. The negative thing I have to say is that they really didn't offer nurses. If a resident needed a little bit more assistance the family would need to hire a one on one nurse to be there with that person. There just aren't enough professionals to assist those who have higher needs.

From Summerfield Retirement

Summerfield Retirement is a quaint and quiet community located in Bradenton, FL just south of Tampa Bay. Home to the "Village of the Arts," Bradenton is the largest arts district on the Gulf Coast and offers its residents an eclectic and unique environment and culture. At Summerfield, we provide assisted living and memory care services to seniors who choose our community for the next chapter in their life story. Our two-acre nature preserve offers residents a wonderfully lush landscape to enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you to our community. With daily nutritious meals, a full activity calendar of fun and social activities, and weekly housekeeping and linens, you'll enjoy retirement on your own terms while we take care of the daily details.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Summerfield Retirement