Atria Bethlehem

1745 West Macada Road, Bethlehem, PA, 18017

Reviews of Atria Bethlehem

Richard83977250 April 02, 2015

Atria is a little bit tight or confined. It has a small apartment with a bedroom of 360 sq ft, and I did not feel comfortable there. It seemed older.

Caring108247850 March 25, 2015

We went to Atria, and we enjoyed this one too. The main reason why we chose the other place is because we live less than a mile away so we could be over there every single day. This one was a little farther, and their apartments were a bit smaller. The staff was nice. It was a nice facility, and it was also a place that he could have his dog, so he liked that. There were nice, safe grounds off of a main road if you need to get outside and walk around.

Debra15 March 08, 2015

I did visit Atria, and it is very expensive. It looked nice, but it was very expensive. I did check the rooms, and they were fairly nice. I don't think they have a pool, but they have various activities.

Kathy102281650 February 20, 2015

Atria in Bethlehem was very pretty and seemed like a very nice facility. It was very clean. It looked like the food was very good and they had different food selections. The staff seemed nice. They had somebody painting nails there, and they seemed to have activities for the people. The rooms were very nice, but the bedrooms were very small and would not fit a king size bed.

It was out by itself; it wasn't really in a neighborhood. It was more on like a farm area, but it was in the middle of nowhere, and it was quiet. I would highly recommend the place.

Caring98867550 December 22, 2014

The rooms at Atria Bethlehem were small. I felt the place smelled like a nursing home, and that was not OK. The dining area was OK. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. Regarding sanitation, it was acceptable, but it seemed closed-in to me.

Thank you for visiting our community. We are sorry to hear of the unpleasant odor you mentioned and will share your comments with the appropriate directors to ensure it will not be an ongoing issue. If you would like to discuss your visit further or would like information about our other great communities in the area, please reach out to customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and kindly include “Atria Bethlehem” in your subject line so we may quickly connect you with the right people to help.

Connie35 August 24, 2014

I thought Atria Bethlehem was a beautiful facility with nice surroundings. I don’t remember the name of the woman I spoke to, but she was very helpful as to what would suit my mom. When we put her in, I don’t know if they would have the care that she needs. The rooms were clean. From what I saw, the care seemed very good. I saw activities that they had going on, but I didn’t partake. I didn’t realize that she said if I needed to put my mom or leave my mom somewhere you could actually do it for a long weekend or a vacation. So that’s something that I would consider if I didn’t have my sister available to look after our mom. I was totally satisfied with that. I would totally recommend the facility if it would suit someone's needs. However, Atria is more expensive so if you have the funds available and you’re looking for that kind of setting, I would recommend it.

Michael92363750 August 24, 2014

Atria is nice and is a larger facility. It seemed to be very well kept and the food is very good. They have more organized activities since they have a full-time social director. It’s also that the cost is much higher, so it’s a luxury community. The staff is very engaged and very personable, but they do not have 24-hour nursing staff. The care-to-patient ratio is less than ideal, but they were attentive. They have different types of rooms and they are more than adequate for assisted living. The place is pretty secure with cameras and alarms in the doors.

Rose Ann July 20, 2014

My mother stayed at Atria Bethlehem for a month for respite. The whole place was beautiful; it's like a hotel. Even the restaurant is fully furnished with pretty tablecloths on the tables. The staff, as well as the food, was nice too. You don't just get what everybody is eating. You could choose off the menu. However, it's very high priced, and you have to pay for laundry services, cable, and phone hookup. Everything is an extra there. But, they have a washer and dryer, and people can do their own laundry in the laundry room in each apartment. I think for the price that they charge, it should include everything.

Caring83676950 June 28, 2014

My dad is in his first month at the Atria Bethlehem. It is a very busy place for the elderly. The dining room, for example, is very loud because everybody is talking. Everybody seems happy. They've got restaurant food, very nice. The place is very clean, and the staff is very friendly.

caregiver-in-home-ca May 30, 2014

I was able to visit Atria Bethlehem. It was beautiful. The grounds and everything are perfect. Their staff seemed to be very professional and very friendly. They offer fantastic activities. The dining area is exquisite. They have big windows to get a lot of light. They also have very good menu. The place was just so well planned. When they built it, they really knew what they were doing.

Norman5 May 27, 2014

Everyone was very helpful at Atria Bethlehem. It was very nice, very clean, and everything was new and modern. They have a one-bedroom apartment and a studio. It was recently remodelled with brand new furniture. They showed us the dining area, and it was very nice. They offered table service, and it was like a restaurant. They have a library, movie theater, and trips to the casino, and they seemed to have many things to do.

Jeff16 February 01, 2014

I thought Atria Bethlehem has a very nice and cheerful environment. It was very clean. They were very nice. The staff that we came in contact with was very friendly and very helpful. The woman who took care of us went over things with us. She was also very nice. The rooms were clean and very nice. They were of good sizes and in my opinion very adequate for the people there. I would recommend it to anybody. In fact, I did mention it to a few people and had recommended it. They did have full schedule of activities. If I was to leave my mother there, I would be satisfied. The only downside that we found as far as the facility goes is that I think there's a limit to the capacity of people they could take in as far as their mental state goes. My mom is a little advance in Alzheimer's and I don't know if they could have taken care of her there to the fullest extent.

Michele15 January 31, 2014

Mom moves to Atria last July first. She has a studio and her room is very nice. The food is very good. They had activities like bingo, bible studies, entertainment and they make jewelry. The staff is very helpful, cheerful and smiling, which is one of the big pluses. Today there is an incident that my mom fell off the toilet and they call to let me know and I like that. I like that I know she is safe and she wears a little necklace around in her neck for such purpose. They do have nurses them if you need them.

EP May 02, 2012

"My mom is been there for just a week and a half now, and I've been there quite a few times as well. The facilities, staff, and I really love how the room was set up, sort of a like -hotel style. Its very nice and I highly recommend the place to someone as well.

From Atria Bethlehem

Atria Bethlehem understands the importance of seniors maintaining a healthy balance between independence and safety. That's why our community provides them with everything they need to feel secure in their surroundings and comfortable to participate in daily activities. Residents enjoy apartments equipped with emergency-response systems, kitchenettes and accessible bathrooms with walk-in showers. In addition, we offer the convenience of daily bed-making and towel service, weekly housekeeping services, and scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and recreational activities.

Atria Bethlehem offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Café with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Housekeeping services
  • Laundering of bed and bath linens
  • Medication assistance