How to Avoid Caregiver Burnout
Providing care to someone who is ill can be deeply satisfying, but it can also be overwhelming. The strain of balancing a job, a family, more work in the home, and the care of someone may lead you to feel like a martyr or angry and guilty. The best way to avoid burnout is to take time for yourself and get the practical and emotional support you need.
Caregiving is stressful for anyone, but some people are at higher risk of "caregiver stress syndrome" than others. Know the extra stress factors.
Men are becoming more common as caregivers -- and they handle the role differently than women do. Learn the plusses and minuses for caregiving men.
More About How to Avoid Caregiver Burnout
- How to Spare Your Relationships the Risks of Caregiver Stress Syndrome
- Looking for a Therapist? 3 Questions to Ask
- 6 Self-Reminders for Easing Stress
- Words Every Caregiver Should Avoid
- How to Beat Caregiver Stress Syndrome and Stay Healthy
- 5 Ways to Start Carving Time for Yourself
- Caregiver Issues
- 5 Foods to Eat When You're Depressed
- 5 Ways to Make Living With an Older Adult Easier
- Emotions and Caregiving
- Read more articles about How to Avoid Caregiver Burnout…
- Awaiting Diagnosis, How Do We Cope With Sleepless Nights and Constant Demands?
- What do you do when you as a caregiver, just lose it?
- Feeling burned out with a baby on the way. Is it time to pay for caregiving?
- How do I get "me time" without Mom being mad at me?
- How can I stop feeling so anxious and relieve caregiver stress?
- How do I help my mother stay less stressed while caring for my father?
- How can I deal with my husband's worsening Alzheimer's symptoms?
- Does this poem hit home???
- How can I move on with my life without hurting my disabled husband?
- How can I keep our caregiving situation from ruining our marriage?
- Read more questions about How to Avoid Caregiver Burnout…
- How Can I Help My Dad Without Going Crazy
- Need To Let Off Some Steam!
- The Thoughts That Keep Caregivers Up at Night
- Living with my dad has me on my last nerve and I NEED TO VENT!
- Mom Had A Stroke Many Questions Help!
- I've become so resentful about caring for my mom!
- Help - I'm getting so irritated with Dad, just for a noise!
- I relocated for her, and now she's driving me mad.
- Could Mom's Partner Be There Just For The Money?
- Dad Is Refusing Medication And Won't See A Doctor!
- Read more discussions about How to Avoid Caregiver Burnout…