Welcome to our website.
Caring.com was created to help the more than 40 million adult caregivers in the United States care for their aging parents and other loved ones, with helpful information and guidance on everything from health and housing to finances, legal issues, and family matters.
Our mission is to give caregivers the information and other resources they need to help make better decisions, save time, and avoid feeling alone. Our Website provides hundreds of helpful articles, expert information, time-saving tips and checklists, easy-to-use tools, and personal support from a large community of caregivers. We also connect to other websites that may provide you with information, tools and other resources.
Caring.com is an informational resource to help you assist your aging parent or loved one. While we hope to provide you with useful information and assistance, we do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment; legal, financial, or professional advice; or specific advice regarding which service providers you should use. Any decisions that you need to make about the care of a loved one should be made after engaging and consulting with a professional licensed service provider based upon your specific needs or conducting your own careful review and investigation.
BY ACCESSING AND USING OUR WEBSITE IN ANY WAY, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE OR POST INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER.
Caring.com may change, modify, update, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of any changes will signify your acceptance of those changes.
To use certain parts of our Website (e.g., posting comments), you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your first name, e-mail address, password, city and state or Zip code.
USING OUR WEBSITE
Caring.com provides you with access to a great variety of resources. The materials, information, and links to third party sites, provided on our Website, including but not limited to information, documents, images, articles, advice, time-saving tips and checklists, easy-to-use tools, products, software, and services, if applicable ("Materials"), are provided either by Caring.com (not by America Online) or by others and may be copyrighted and/or protected by other intellectual property rights. Caring.com hereby grants you limited permission to use the Materials provided by Caring.com subject to these Terms, as long as the use of such Materials is solely for your own informational use. Unless stated within the Materials, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other means, without the prior express written permission of Caring.com and/or the appropriate owner. Also, you may not "mirror" any Materials contained on our Website or any other server without Caring.com's prior written consent.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
While using our Website, you may not
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying our Website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, constitute unauthorized practice of a professional service, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or foreign law, including without limitation U.S. export control laws and regulations;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes, or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by Caring.com), or engage in spamming, phishing, or flooding;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access our Website or services for any purpose without our express written permission; however, this provision shall not apply to the indexing or updating of search engines;
- post or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material obtained through our Website for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information, software, or other material);
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way information, software, or other material obtained through our Website which is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or right holder; or
- upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit, or distribute in any way any component of our Website itself or derivative works with respect thereto without our prior written consent, as our Website is protected under U.S. copyright laws.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; ADVERTISERS; THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In attempting to provide you with comprehensive and useful resources, our Website may contain links to third-party websites which are not under the control of Caring.com. Caring.com is not responsible for the content of or products provided by any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Caring.com is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that Caring.com endorses, guarantees, or accepts any responsibility for the content or products on such a third-party site.
In addition, Caring.com will accept advertising on our Website. Any dealings that you have with advertisers found on Caring.com are between you and the advertiser and you acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or claim you may have against an advertiser.
In connection with your use of our Website, you may be made aware of services, products, offers, and promotions provided by third parties, and not by Caring.com. If you decide to use third-party services or products, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding the terms and conditions governing any third-party services or products. You agree that the third party, and not Caring.com, is responsible for the performance of the third-party services or products.
CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
In an effort to continually improve our Website and its usefulness to you, we may add additional services or make changes to existing services. In the event that Caring.com makes such changes, these Terms shall apply to the new services and to any changes to existing services.
POSTING OF USER AND EXPERT CONTENT
Caring.com does not claim ownership of any of Your Content that you may post. However, by posting Your Content to public areas, forums, and/or “Ask and Answer” on Caring.com, you grant Caring.com, its affiliates, partners, and distributors the perpetual royalty-free right to use, copy, display, perform, distribute, adapt, create derivative works, sublicense and promote Your Content in any medium and any manner whatsoever, and to use and sublicense your name, likeness , biography, voice and photograph (if applicable) to attribute your postings to you. In addition to Your Content, you may submit feedback to us. We encourage you to provide us feedback. You agree that we may use in any manner and without limitation all comments, advice, recommendations, suggestions, complaints, and other feedback you provide relating to Our Website, and that Caring.com will own all intellectual property that we create based upon or incorporating your feedback.
NO DUTY TO MONITOR
You agree that we are not liable for content that is provided by others. While some community and other areas are monitored for relevance, we have no obligation to prescreen content that may be posted in such areas and are not responsible for such postings. While we have no duty to prescreen content, we have the right to refuse to post or to edit submitted content. We reserve the right to remove content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
At Caring.com, we respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on Caring.com in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us to report possible copyright infringement. When contacting us, please provide Caring.com's copyright agent the following information:
- A full description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Caring.com's agent can be reached as follows:
c/o Caring.com Copyright Agent
2600 S. El Camino Real
San Mateo, CA 94403
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OUR WEBSITE AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, POSTINGS, OPINIONS OR SERVICES ON OUR WEBSITE OR LINKED FROM OUR WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND CARING.COM AND ITS SUPPLIERS, THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, PARTNERS AND EXPERTS (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “SUPPLIERS”) HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE. CARING.COM AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT OUR WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, THAT ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION. POSTINGS, OPINIONS OR SERVICES LINKED FROM OUR WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR WILL BE SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES. IN ADDITION, CARING.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER, PARTNER, CAREGIVER, CARE RECEPIENT OR EXPERT WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION RECEIVED BY CARING.COM, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR OBTAINED OTHERWISE WILL CHANGE THIS DISCLAIMER. Some jurisdictions do not allow these limitations, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CARING.COM (OR BANKRATE, INC.'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, INVESTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, ASSIGNEES, REPRESENTATIVES, ADVERTISERS, EXPERTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS OR EMPLOYEES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES OR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, PROFITS, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF CARING.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE OUR WEBSITE, REMOVAL OR TERMINATION OF OUR WEBSITE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE, STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OUR WEBSITE, INSTRUCTION, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY OR LINKED FROM OUR WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO OUR WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CARING.COM'S AND ITS SUPPLIERS' CUMULATIVE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO CARING.COM DURING THE PRIOR YEAR FOR THE SPECIFIC SERVICE AT ISSUE, OR $1,000, WHICHEVER AMOUNT IS LESS. Some jurisdictions do not allow these limitations, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
NO PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
CARING.COM OFFERS INFORMATION RELATED TO CARE GIVING WHICH INCLUDES MEDICAL, LEGAL, FINANCIAL, HOUSING, AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO CARE GIVING. THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON CARING.COM IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING SPECIFIC MEDICAL, LEGAL, FINANCIAL, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL OR LICENSED SERVICES ADVICE DIRECTLY APPLICABLE TO YOUR SITUATION. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY INFORMATION ON CARING.COM AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR SUCH SERVICES OR ADVICE.
THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN, ATTORNEY, FINANCIAL, ADVISOR OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL OR LICENSED ADVISOR. NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL, LEGAL, FINANCIAL, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL OR LICENSED ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON CARING.COM.
NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR LAW; OR FINANCIAL, PROFESSIONAL, OR LICENSED SERVICES. FOR PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PSYCHIATRY, PSYCHOLOGY, PSYCHOTHERAPY, OR PROVIDING HEALTH CARE TREATMENT, INSTRUCTIONS, DIAGNOSIS, PROGNOSIS, OR ADVICE. CARING.COM PROVIDES NO ASSURANCES THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE WILL ALWAYS INCLUDE THE MOST RECENT FINDINGS OR DEVELOPMENTS WITH RESPECT TO THE PARTICULAR MATERIAL. Your access or use of our Website and our services does not create in any way a physician/patient, attorney/client, confidential, or privileged relationship, or any other relationship that would give rise to any duties on Caring.com's part or the part of our suppliers, distributors, partners, and/or affiliates. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, attorneys, advisors, caregivers, procedures, opinions, advice, or other information that may appear on our Website. If you rely on any of the information provided by our Website, its employees, consultants, or its guests or visitors, you do so solely at your own risk.
You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Caring.com, its affiliates, and their respective officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your acts or omissions arising out of your use of Caring.com.
You and Caring.com agree that any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of these Terms or your use of our Website shall be governed by Florida law (without regard to conflict of law provisions) and that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall have no applicability. You and Caring.com agree that all claims and actions related hereto shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court located in Palm Beach County, Florida, and you agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
Caring.com is designed for users residing in the United States. We make no representation that content on Caring.com is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. If you choose to access Caring.com from a location outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Caring.com regarding this subject matter, and they govern your use of our Website. The failure of Caring.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of Caring.com or these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
© 2007-2014 Caring.com. All rights reserved.
Caring.com Community Code of Conduct
We're glad you're here. We've heard from caregivers that they have questions, that they've learned things they want to share, and that sometimes they just want to talk to others who are living through the same things they are. We want this to be YOUR place to do that.
To make sure that this community and our expert “Ask and Answer” area remain a safe and encouraging place for everyone, we ask that you adhere to the following code of conduct while participating:
- Please choose a screen name that's tactful, or the Caring.com staff will ask you to make a change.
- Please refrain from using language that's profane, abusive, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or otherwise objectionable.
- Personal attacks are never allowed. Differences of opinion are welcome, as long as they're presented respectfully. Attacking character and personal beliefs are unacceptable at all times.
- Revealing another member's real name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or any other personally identifying information is forbidden. It's an invasion of privacy.
- Do not use our community for solicitation purposes. This includes activities such as promoting businesses or professional services, sharing referral codes/links, and soliciting our members for research purposes.
- Do not use our community to generate traffic for other sites including your own. Making references, providing a link, or otherwise mentioning other sites of value to our members is permitted—as long as you don’t do so for your own self interest.
PLEASE NOTE – It's your responsibility to keep your contact information current. The staff at Caring.com may use your e-mail address to contact you regarding your posts made in our community. It’s our goal to help you to contribute within our set of rules. However, we reserve the right to disallow your participation in our community and terminate your account at Caring.com if, in our opinion, you violate our code of conduct or for any reason whatsoever in the sole discretion of Caring.