Assisted Living in Crestview
Crestview Manor603 N Pearl St, Crestview, FL
Carington Manor3215 EAST JAMES LEE BLVD, Crestview, FL
Crescent Park Village551 Redstone Avenue West, Crestview, FL
At A Glance
There are 3 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Crestview is $1,875 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Crestview area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 10 reviews of assisted living communities in the Crestview area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 3 assisted living communities in the Crestview area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Crestview
The city of Crestview is located in Okaloosa County, Florida and home to several attractions such as the Emerald Coast Zoo and Peaden Brothers Distiller. Seniors considering assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Crestview have an option between six local communities and three nearby ones. Each facility is overseen by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation, a Florida state department responsible for issuing licenses and regulating each facility by approving all procedures from assistance with activities with daily living, such as bathing and getting dressed, to the standard qualifications required by each caretaker.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Crestview
- Seniors living in Crestview save 10 percent on the overall cost of living compared to the national average. Most can expect to save an average of 3.5 on grocery bills, 4 percent on health care, 5 percent on transportation and 3 percent on goods and services in the area.
- Crestview residents experience warm year-round temperatures that average between 50 to 60 degrees during winter and 76 to 80 degrees during summer. Seniors may enjoy the warmer weather here but should be careful walking around outside with high year-round rainfalls making the ground slippery.
- The air quality index (AQI) in Crestview is 37 percent lower than the national average. Seniors with respiratory issues experience better year-round breathing conditions here in comparison to other neighborhoods.
- Crestview has a combined property and violent crime rate that makes it only nine percent safer than other cities in the nation. Seniors should consider the 23.1 percent higher violent crimes and 50.6 percent higher crimes per square mile, comparative to the national averages, before moving here.
- Crestview has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Crestview's Parks and Recreation, an organization that helps facilitate events and programs for seniors 55 and older at its local senior center.
- Seniors can travel around Okaloosa County through the local EC Rider. Seniors can apply for a fare discount online and download an app to check for scheduling.
Paying for Assisted Living in Crestview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Crestview start around $1,875 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Crestview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Crestview
Crestview offers aid to seniors seeking financial assistance with one Medicaid program and four state programs. These include the Florida Medicaid, Managed Care Waiver Long-Term Care Program (MLTC), Medicaid State Plan, Assistive Care Services (ACS), optional state supplement (OSS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Crestview
Crestview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Crestview
Crestview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.