What to Do With Hip and Back Pain?

Im a 55 Yr woman with Osteopenia, Ulcers , had a complete hysterectomy bladder repair, and Sinus surgery/toselectomy, i'm 5'2" 157 lbs, trying to excersice is very painful not only on my hips but my back, not sure what to do to keep the escrutiating pain from hips and back from happening, any suggestions

Andrew Putnam, M.D. is a Palliative Care physician at Smilow Cancer Center at Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale University.

Bone pain with exercise is a very wide spread issue that limits many people's exercise capability. The drug of choice would be NSAIDS (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs) such as Naproxen, Ibuprofen (same as Motrin and Advil). These reduce the inflammation that is the cause of much pain in the bones. Unfortunately they can have a lot of dangerous side effects if one is not careful. I strongly recommend talking to your doctor and asking if NSAIDS are OK IN MODERATION. If you have had stomach ulcers you will need at lease a medication to protect your stomach. If NSAIDS are not an option, then opioids are going to be the best choice due to the lower incidence of side effects. Steroids can help but they also have lots of side effects. Tylenol in many people will not be strong enough. The bottom line is to talk with your doctor to help you decide what is the best choice. You also do not want to work out too hard and aggravate your condition if the pain is too well masked.

Scarlettsharpe answered...

Kratom (scientific name Mitragyna speciosa) is a plant naturally found in parts of Southeast Asia that has been used to help with pain management for centuries. Like many Eastern holistic medications, kratom is just now being discovered and used by the west. I have used it for about two years now and it has completely changed the quality of my life as it has seriously reduced my pain as well as giving me energy during the day and helping me get a good nights sleep! I don't experience any horrid side effects like are found with many narcotic opiate pharmaceuticals and it isn't destroying my liver and stomach like over-the-counter NSAIDs. Kratom Infusion capsules are typically what I take and they manage my symptoms much better than what the doctors were giving me. For more information, check out http://kratominfusion.com/kratom-effects/