If my father is uncircumcised, should I retract the foreskin when bathing him?

My father of 70 is uncircumcised. Should I retract his foreskin when bathing him? Also,are males similar to females in that when you wipe their back side, you should wipe from front to back?

Sounds like you are doing everything right.  You are correct that when cleansing someone who is uncircumsized, you should retract the foreskin.  Do this gently, and carefully wash the area.  Then, be sure the place the foreskin back over the penis when you are done.

As for cleansing the backside, it is better to wipe from between the legs up towards the spine to be sure you clean out everything in that area. 

Jamest answered...

Yes.... definitely retract his foreskin and clean out all of the bacteria. If you don't, this can lead to odors or an infection. It's a good idea to apply a penis health creme that contains Vitamin A as well. This will make sure the area is totally clean and free of bacteria. Good luck.