I need to know what I'm facing as my husband is dying from Stage 4 colon cancer.

Soulshadow asked...

I feel broken, sad, scared, alone and like a mountain is on top of my shoulders as my husband is dying from stage 4 colon cancer with mets to liver and lymph nodes. The cancer has progressed in the last 6 months in spite of chemo; we went back and tried everything, nothing is helping and now he's back on FU5 via a bag 7 days per week. But I feel this is only to appease my husband who doesn't want to "give up" as he puts it. The Dr. wants him to try a new drug, Lonsurf, but it's not available for 2 weeks in America and it causes low blood platelets (my husbands platelets are currently at a very low 35). I feel like we are facing the end and I have so much stress over it all I feel sick and I feel like no one is speaking the truth or will at least give me a statistical idea of what we're facing....I've been through cancer death with both of my parents, I hate this disease, it takes everyone I love. What I need to know is what to do next, who to contact for help and statistically how much time does he have left? Thank you.. Would appreciate knowing so I know what to do and how to prepare so when the train hits me I'll at least know to pull my arms and legs in.

Stay Connected With Caring.com