What can I try to deal with a chronic cough?

I have had a chronic cough for years. It hits me when there is a change in the atmosphere, smells, when I recline or when I laugh. I suffer from acid reflux and my doctor says there may be a allergy causing the problems in the spring and fall, but this is year around. I am really exhausted from this irritating cough and I am also embarrassed from coughing in public all the time. Sometimes it sound like a "old smokers cough" What can I try?

Chronic cough can be caused by many things. The most common are lung diseases (asthma, bronchitis), allergies, acid reflux, or throat problems. You mention the "change in atmosphere, smells, etc." bringing on your cough. This sounds like asthma, or bronchospasm, which can cause a wheezy cough. Have you ever been diagnosed with asthma? I would recommend you see a pulmonologist (lung doctor) or an ENT doctor to make sure that asthma or allergies are not contributing to your chronic cough. Keep in mind that acid reflux can also cause an asthma-like cough (wheezy), so this needs to be checked out as well. I know that there are treatments out there to help chronic cough, especially if related to asthma, reflux, or allergies. Good luck!

Bhupendra kumar khurana answered...

Chronic cough can be caused on account of frequently having antibiotic medicines for suppressing the cough which results in formation of thick hardened mucus lining. I would suggest to do following:-

1. Regular steam inhalation daily to soften the thick hardened mucus lining in the lungs.

2. Homeopathic medicine Antim Tart-30 may be taken thrice a day for atleast 15 days. This helps to soften the mucus and to eliminate caugh from lungs. No sooner cough is removed from lungs there will hardly remain any cause for having discomfort of cough.

3. In case cough is caused on account of acid reflux,for removing acidity, which is the root cause for flaring cough, to ensure that alcaline level in the stomach is maintained. take biochemic medicine Natrum Phos-6 x five tablets- four times in a day. This is bound to give magical relief from cough.

B.K.Khurana, May contact at my email Bkhurana660@gmail.com for further assistance, if desired.