Park West Care Center

Overview of Ratings

3.4

September 05, 2012

By Zencabler

I spent 5 weeks in this facility for physical and occupational therapy for a broken pelvis and a broken elbow. Nurses are frequently worked more than 12-hour shifts. They are often so fatigued that they make medication errors. The floor I was on was often unstaffed at night. I entered the facility with an entire sealed wound-care kit, and an open kit. Tiny pieces from the open kit were used on me, because the wound was nearly healed. When I left, the sealed kit was not returned to me, "because they had used it on other people who needed it" I was told. The Physical and Occupational Rehab departments were competent, but understaffed. I have since met therapists who said they would not work in this facility because of unreasonable management demands. Management claimed to be a Medicare 5-Star facility, but when I explored on the internet, this was not true. Their Dietary department had been given 5 Stars several years before my stay, for cleanliness. It appears that Management people have no Gerontology credentials.

July 27, 2012

By John Bremerton

My father received adequate care during his stay at Park West Care Center after he had a stroke although there were times when it took a long time for nursing staff to respond to his call light. They seem to be frequently understaffed, and this leads to patients being neglected when they are soiled and not always getting their medications in a timely fashion. The appearance of the facility is very clean, and they have a very spacious cafeteria with great food. The rehab team is excellent as they provided my father with both physical therapy and occupational therapy services. Physical therapy did a wonderful job in helping him to regain his ability to walk and balance. Occupational therapy really helped him to learn different adaptive techniques for dressing and bathing to help increase his independence with his daily activities. I would recommend this facility to other future patients based on our experience with the rehab department alone.

September 30, 2011

By latkendall

Park West is located in the tree-lined neighborhood of North Admiral, in West Seattle. All the staff I met on our visit was kind, considerate and thorough in their interactions with patients. The activities director is especially outgoing and organizes musical groups to visit, children to present art work to hang on the walls and also visiting artists to work with patients. The facility was clean with an overall positive feeling from the patients we met. We visited at dinner time and the staff provided for the comfort of the patients and assisted those in need with food. Younger folks in need of rehabilitation services were also patients at the time we visited which gave the facility a youthful tone. Most caregivers were youthful - and we noticed younger and older folks playing board games together which seemed very sweet. Several outside areas are available to patients which include seating so that they can have fresh air and enjoy the planting and trees that surround the facility.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Park West Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Park West Care Center

Park West Care Center is a nursing home in Seattle, WA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Park West Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Park West Care Center