Symphony of Mesa

Reviews of Symphony of Mesa

2.3

July 31, 2014

By caring2673

Symphony was fairly clean, I had a few issues with some of the smells but it’s not as bad as the other ones. When you walk in, everything seemed to be nice and it was done in Italian. They said there’s a lot of activities there.

May 25, 2014

By Kathy J.

My mother was in this facility for about a week. We couldn't find another place that would take her at the time. The staff was too busy to notice that she had not had a bowel movement the whole time she was there even though she was in a diaper. She was in terrible pain and they were too busy to help her. They should have done something to help her pain and to find out what was causing it. I plead with them in tears to do something and if they didn't I was going to call 911 so she could be transported to the hospital. That is what I eventually ended up doing where they discovered she was impacted and relieved her of her pain. We did not take my mom back there, nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

February 26, 2014

By greiveing family member

I wouldn't send my do there are mom got sicker there due to there falior to get medical treatment needed in a timely matterand she past away

January 29, 2014

By DonGabby

If I could give less stars, I would! Please, if you are considering admitting a loved one to this facility, make it your absolute last resort. Unfortunately, due to insurance issues, my family had to. Our very close relative has been there for a few months now and I can tell you from direct experience that this is not one place I would ever want to end up at. While the staff is very nice and really do seem to care, they are so incredibly busy that on occasion, even the simplest of daily routines get skipped. It seems that their management is not staffing accordingly and it comes at the expense of the patients. The staff is so busy, that our relative does not get changed for hours on end. I left one night at 7pm and came back at 6am and the staff had still not changed him. Not until I hunted someone down was I able to get someone to do it. Accommodating as they were, it took close to 12 hours! I'd like to re-iterate how helpful the staff is when they are actually available to help. The management however, wont return your calls. And if they do, they'll tell you what you want to hear until the next occurrence. Our relative's neighbor was not turned on his side regularly and eventually developed a bed sore of which they took no responsibility. These are my first hand experiences with this place. I am there at least 3 times a week and have talked to some patients as well as other care givers and the general consensus is that most patients, at least regularly, seem to be neglected.

August 28, 2013

By Caring La Sua

My dad is in Symphony of Mesa right now. He is not happy there and we don't know if it is going to work. He has been there for about three weeks now. He didn't like the food very well. However, the place is very nice and very clean. They have very nice big rooms. They have very big and very nice dining room. The staff seems very nice as well. I would recommend this place to others because I think this is a very nice nursing home.

November 13, 2012

By Aura 1

Mom stayed in Springdale West for four months. She couldn't walk, that's why she was there basically to learn how to maneuver again, get up on her walker, and get to a wheelchair. It didn't work out, but it wasn't their fault because mom wasn't working with them like she was supposed to. But they also play games with her and she would go down for bingo. They'd get her up with a lift and put her in a wheelchair and take her down and wash her hair.

July 05, 2012

By Brandi9621

While my grandmother was a resident/ patient here, I visited many times. Usually 3 to 4 times a week. Most of the time, the staff was very helpful. There were a few staff members who were not. One in particular that I remember was a CNA that was assigned to my grandmother the first night she arrived. My grandmother was very nervous, did not want to be there at all and very scared. One of the first things she had to do was shower before bed that night. The CNA was there to help her with that. This particular CNA was very compassionate and understanding of my grandmother's anxiety. She talked her through the whole process and allowed me to be in there as well to make her feel more comfortable. That was a great first impression for us, but we soon realized that was the last of many good experiences there. When I would call to check on her, they would take forever to figure out who was caring for her. After awhile, when I would come visit, I noticed that at mealtime, they would wheel many of the residents to a common area for mealtime. Including my grandmother. I showed up one day to find my grandmother slumped over in her wheelchair in the common area with a tray of food that was ice cold and no one there to help her eat. She had trouble feeding herself. So I had to request a new tray of food and feed her myself. I often wondered if I hadn't come to visit at that time, would she have gotten to eat at all? So there were definitely many negative little experiences during her time there. The positive side was there was a nice little outside courtyard for us to take her out and sit as long as weather was nice. Overall, I say it was an ok facility as far as those types of facilities go.

June 11, 2012

When my husband was still home, I had hospice here and they gave me 5 days rest. So he was put in this nursing home so that I can have 5 days off. In my estimation they are just kinda of institutionalized, it was like going to a hospital instead of a nursing home. When he got there he had an infection which was not their fault. He was giving them quite a lot of trouble but then he got over the infection and he got better but they kept him in a wheelchair. They had him strapped in the wheelchair the whole time. So when he is moved to the assisted living facility where he is now, he could not even walk for a day because they kept him strapped in that wheelchair. They wouldn't let him walk. They probably had him strapped because it was probably easier for them to take care of him that way. The place is not dirty however he didn't have his own room. In fact they had him in with another person and on his side of the room he had a bed and that was it. He had nothing else. I even honestly don't know what they fed them there. I felt that he was not getting the proper attention and care he needed in Springdale. . During that time that he was there and the time that he was about to leave there, I got sick. So there were some days that I did not see him.

June 08, 2012

By fredfredrick

Terrible facility. The lack of caring extends from the upper management right down to the CNA's. Money is king at this facility. They do not employ enough staff to care for their patients trying to line the bosses pockets. Complaints go in one ear and out the other with nurses because they are too busy. Upper management pretends to care but action (or lack thereof) speaks louder than words. Sending your loved one here is a HUGE mistake.

August 30, 2011

By AzDesert1

I went to visit my step father at this particular facility. I was impressed with how nice the staff members were the moment I walked in the building they were so nice and helpful. The front part of the building was really nice and clean. On the way to my step father room, I was annoyed with the smell of the building. I was shock because I didn't smell any smells at the front part of the building until I entered the hallway. I asked him was the smell bothering him; he stated yes. I could tell that he wasn't happy because I was told that he didn't want to eat his food. The smell was so bad that it changed his eating patters. I asked someone where the smell was coming from and I was told it was from the clinic dialysis clinic that was withing the building. After all, we did decide to take my step father out because he wasn't happy with being there. I think it was best for him!

Features of Symphony of Mesa

About Symphony of Mesa

Symphony of Mesa is a nursing home in Mesa, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Symphony of Mesa for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Symphony of Mesa