Symphony of Mesa

Overview of Ratings

2.6

May 26, 2014

By Kathy J.

My mother was in this facility for about a week. We couldn't find another place that would take her at the time. The staff was too busy to notice that she had not had a bowel movement the whole time she was there even though she was in a diaper. She was in terrible pain and they were too busy to help her. They should have done something to help her pain and to find out what was causing it. I plead with them in tears to do something and if they didn't I was going to call 911 so she could be transported to the hospital. That is what I eventually ended up doing where they discovered she was impacted and relieved her of her pain. We did not take my mom back there, nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

February 26, 2014

By greiveing family member

I wouldn't send my do there are mom got sicker there due to there falior to get medical treatment needed in a timely matterand she past away

January 30, 2014

By DonGabby

If I could give less stars, I would! Please, if you are considering admitting a loved one to this facility, make it your absolute last resort. Unfortunately, due to insurance issues, my family had to. Our very close relative has been there for a few months now and I can tell you from direct experience that this is not one place I would ever want to end up at. While the staff is very nice and really do seem to care, they are so incredibly busy that on occasion, even the simplest of daily routines get skipped. It seems that their management is not staffing accordingly and it comes at the expense of the patients. The staff is so busy, that our relative does not get changed for hours on end. I left one night at 7pm and came back at 6am and the staff had still not changed him. Not until I hunted someone down was I able to get someone to do it. Accommodating as they were, it took close to 12 hours! I'd like to re-iterate how helpful the staff is when they are actually available to help. The management however, wont return your calls. And if they do, they'll tell you what you want to hear until the next occurrence. Our relative's neighbor was not turned on his side regularly and eventually developed a bed sore of which they took no responsibility. These are my first hand experiences with this place. I am there at least 3 times a week and have talked to some patients as well as other care givers and the general consensus is that most patients, at least regularly, seem to be neglected.

August 29, 2013

By Caring La Sua

My dad is in Symphony of Mesa right now. He is not happy there and we don't know if it is going to work. He has been there for about three weeks now. He didn't like the food very well. However, the place is very nice and very clean. They have very nice big rooms. They have very big and very nice dining room. The staff seems very nice as well. I would recommend this place to others because I think this is a very nice nursing home.

Features of Symphony of Mesa

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Symphony of Mesa

Symphony of Mesa is a nursing home in Mesa, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Symphony of Mesa for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Symphony of Mesa