Northwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

1010 Varnum Avenue, Lowell, MA, 01854

Reviews of Northwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Daphne L February 13, 2014

HELLO MY NAME IS DAPHNE AND MY DAD CHARLIE WAS A PATIENT AT THE NORTHWOOD HE HAD ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE WHICH IS A DEVASTATING ILLNESS. THE STAFF OVER THERE IS THE BEST STAFF I HAVE SEEN AROUND AND I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE I HAVE PARKINSON'S DISEASE. MY MOTHER WAS ALSO A PATIENT OVER AT THE NORTHWOOD NURSING HOME JUST FOR A VERY SHORT TIME AND BELIEVE ME IF MY MOM SAYS IT WAS GOOD THEN IT WAS EXCELLENT! ! THEY ACTUALLY PERFORMED CPR ON MY MOM AND BROUGHT HER BACK BUT MY DAD WAS TREATED WITH RESPECT AND PRIDE. BOTH OF MY PARENTS ARE NOW DECEASED M MOM 2 YEARS AND MY DAD HAS HIS 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY DATE COMING UP IN MARCH IF AND WHEN I NEED NURSING HOME CARE I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE THERE FACILITY AGAIN FOR MYSELF EVERYONE IN THE NORTHWOOD IS VERY COMPETENT AND FRIENDLY WHETHER IT'S THE NURSING DEPARTMENT, KITCHEN WORKERS,MAINTENANCE WORKERS, OFFICE PERSONNEL,REHAB PERSONNEL, 0R THE RECEPTIONIST THAT GREETS YOU ON THE WAY IN THERE THEY ALL WERE A BIG SMILE AND SAY HELLO

LovelyDaughter0000078 January 07, 2014

My mother was treated at D'Youville Senior Care before she died. They were fantastic. It's a very, very good facility. The care and the cleanliness, the attention that the patients receive was excellent. All the workers are very caring and they try to attend to everyone's needs. Mom died from ovarian cancer, but they kept her very comfortable and peaceful so that she went peacefully.

unchartedwaters February 14, 2013

I have lived in lowell all of my life , as a matter of fact my mom worked at this nh over 45 yrs. ago as a nurses aide ... I went there for a tour as I was contemplating putting mom into a home at the time . I loved the look of the place . very pretty. they have a locked down alz. unit . It was in my top 2 places out of the 6 facilities I looked at . I was also told it could be a yr. to 2 years on a waiting list !! What I know for a fact is you have to have money to get in sooner ! It is sad but true !! Private pay means beautiful private rooms , good insurance means pretty rooms, medicaid means a long waiting list !! I find this very disturbing , especially since this nh is and has been run by a Catholic charity since it opened many years ago .

Barbara10 September 06, 2012

I don't think we were impressed with D'Youville. I don't think they were treating dementia patients at the time we visited the facility. But it's very clean with matched windows, long corridors you can walk down, a swimming pool for ducklings that they can go and watch. It was light and airy, and they have lot of programs for people to do. But they don't have a home right now for my mother, and they said it may take a year.

emtb May 31, 2012

It was a decent facility. Most of the workers were nice and took good care of my grandparents. Others were not as caring as there were several times where things were missing from my grandparents rooms.

About Northwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Northwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Lowell, MA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Northwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Northwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Northwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center