Oaklawn Health & Rehabilitation Center

Overview of Ratings

3.4

June 17, 2014

By Shirley49

My husband went to Oaklawn. It is a owned by a company called Elmcroft. The people there were lovely. They seemed a little understaffed, though, but not relative to his care. Regarding his care, we couldn't have asked for more. As far as the treatment, the people could not have been lovelier. His care was just excellent. The staff doctor actually stayed in touch with me. He made several calls to me. I couldn't have asked for more. My husband's room was beautiful. The facility itself was clean. It was lovely. It was one of the newer facilities. As far the environment and aesthetic, it was really a pretty place. It looked like a nice hotel. I absolutely would recommend them to others. I would use it myself.

November 08, 2012

By Kinz91

The staff was incredible, helpful, and extremely friendly at this facility. The volunteer coordinator especially helped plug you into activities with the residents and formed close relationships with the residents. The food services were fantastic and they even offered free food for visitors on occasions. They had activities such as bingo and small parties where the residents could earn prizes and quarters. The outside of the building had a garden, pond, and fountain and was absolutely gorgeous! One time, they even hosted a prom fashion show in which all of the girls from the local high school came and modeled their dresses for the ladies and it was so much fun to be apart of. Oaklawn staff has a way of keeping their residents connected to the outside world, but making it feel like a home. If I ever had to go to a nursing home, this is where I would want to go.

August 28, 2012

By erin2006

Oaklawn is a newer facility and it shows. The staff are very attentive and it is always easy to find a nurse or nurse assistant when one is needed. The facilities are clean and well maintained. The front desk staff is kind, courteous, and welcoming. They always have activities for the residents to participate in.

October 20, 2011

By OaklawnGrampa

My experience has been very good with Oaklawn here in Louisville, Ky. The staff treated both of my father's parents (my grandparents) a few years apart with excellent care. To start, the facility is very well managed, the floors are clean, activities are offered, and in house physical therapy is available. The building reminds me of a 4 star hotel with its accents and pictures on the wall. Both of my grandparents had a very large private room. My grandfather died at Oaklawn a few years ago but my grandmother got better and just recently left and is now living by herself back at her home. The staff is very well mannered and the food is made by top chefs. The price is very steep but for just over $3000 a month you get all the care and resources you need to keep your family members comfortable. After seeing the cost of such services it makes you realize the importance of buying long term care insurance starting in your 40's while it is cheaper. The grounds at Oaklawn had many wildlife animals running around and into the lake such as the ducks and other birds. The back of the property was wooded and very pretty at night to watch sunsets and to sit at the many simi-private decks to look out and get fresh air. They even have a large bird cage with colorful bird chirping and greeting you as you walk in. Each room had several chairs, a desk, table, tv. couch, hospital bed, private bathroom, and 24 hour on call care technicians, nurses, and care aids. The facility is very nice and perfect to rest and heal if you just got out of a serious surgery and need to rest for a few weeks. Oaklawn is a nursing home for long term care, assisted living home for those with slight limitations, or can be used for short term rehabilitation. I highly recommend this facility if you can afford the price tag.

June 01, 2011

By SporksMik

Friend or relative of resident

I have had two separate dealings with this nursing home. My mother had had both of her knees replaced and had to stay at a facility where she could be watched and taken care of on a 24 hour basis, as well as complete physical therapy at least once a day. This facility was excellent to my mother and I. They had great food, and even allowed me to have Christmas dinner with my mother, which to my surprise was a first class meal. The nursing staff was great, and catered to my mother's every wish. The physical therapy department was also great, and they allowed me to sit in on sessions when I was able to visit. My overall review of this facility would be the best possible place for my mother to stay. They treated her very well, and myself as well.

Let Us Search For You

Care

Save Stress

Photos of Oaklawn Health & Rehabilitation Center

Features of Oaklawn Health & Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 07/10/17)

• Date Certified: 06/01/2017

About Oaklawn Health & Rehabilitation Center

Oaklawn Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Louisville, KY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Oaklawn Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Oaklawn Health & Rehabilitation Center