The Grace Care Center of Katy

23553 WEST FERNHURST DRIVE, Katy, TX, 77494

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of The Grace Care Center of Katy

spoot60 July 07, 2015

My mother is 87 with Alzheimer's. She fell from her bed at her personal care home. After hip surgery, Grace Care took her in for therapy. They didn't know how to handle her. After 7 days they said she wasn't showing progress so they were discharging her 3 days later. The day of the discharge they gave me no details of home health, told me they had ordered a wheelchair, and didn't need a hospital bed. Got my mother to her regular care home and found out the just ordered chair and bed. The supply company was surprised when they called to ask when she would be discharged. I told th she already was. So a woman with no memory and a fractured healing hip has no wheel chair and a regulated that she can fall out of.

Caring97446750 October 28, 2014

I think that we probably have decided on Grace Care, if my husband does go into a facility. They were super. They had a registered nurse for every patient. They had everything from Alzheimer's to long-term care and in-housing nursing. The people there were fantastic and they were very, very caring with the patients. The rooms were nice and they had semi-private and private. It was very nice. They try to pair people with those of similar age and similar problems. The only thing bad thing about them was the food; if I had anything to complain about, this would be it. They had all kinds of activities for the residents every day and they take them out and things like that. They had two really nice areas; one for the Alzheimer's unit and the other for long-term care where they can go out and feel safe. It was all enclosed and it was very nice that they can sit outside with their loved ones or sit out by themselves if they wanted to. It was very nice and very well-maintained.

Godmercy October 21, 2014

I Love the way the Cna took care of my mom and to know she is gone I was not happy that is grace care lost and someone's else gain. A very good worker

Angie345 July 26, 2014

I recently had my grandmother her at Grace. From the time I entered the building and met with Tami the admissions lady and took my grandmother to her room, we had great communication. Nursing was brought in my room within 15 minutes. I met the sweet ADON Lanisha. She went over my grandmas meds with me and made us feel right at ease. Therapy and the rest of the staff were awesome! This is the best place in Katy!!

Satis July 22, 2014

I honestly have to say that Grace Care Center of Katy has done great things for my father. He came into the facility for therapy and nursing care and has done well there. The staff is very knowledgeable and treated my father very kindly. Keep up the great work!! I would recommend this facility to anybody who needs therapy and nursing care!

Unsatisfied23 April 24, 2014

The DON, Angela, is very rude and has a very uncaring manner. She shows no emotion and always has a flat facial expression. ADON is insincere regarding concerns. Admissions said she would put patient's on a list for a private room but as new patient's come and go the waiting list doesn't get addressed. The therapy department was good, responsive caring therapists. The nursing staff had some nice caring nurses but very poor communication with everybody out to get each other in trouble or fired. Lots of arguing and bickering in hallways. No team work. Patient's are told their medications would be available to them as soon as they were admitted, by admissions, but then had to have the medications ordered and delivered from the pharmacy. The staffing is typically short and the facility refuses to have a pool of nurses to call in the event of call-in's. The facility is clean and beautiful, but Poor leadership = Poor Care.

Unhappy Home Health Agency April 11, 2014

My husband either had or developed a bedsore on his heel while in this "Skilled Nursing facility' for 9 days. We are still receiving Wound care in a Hospital and home for this bed sore and will for several more weeks. Not one of the medical staff would pay attention to my husband when he tried to tell them about his discomfort. This "Skilled Nursing" was unacceptable and this should be investigated by Medicare and Tx Department on aging.

luci13 February 21, 2014

Worst staff, rude and condescending. Don't even ask a question or you will be made to feel as if you did something wrong. Little to no information given in regards to changes in medications, when patient would have a bath, and or doctor visits. Therapy staff good, but they are contracted and not staff. Head nurses knew nothing about a patient left it up to CN's to provide information to patient and family.

Wish I didn't have to rate - worst place

Katypatientfamily January 10, 2014

The only issue I have with this facility is their case manager. She does not believe in going the extra mile. She will tell you insurance is kicking you out and she hasn't even taken steps to fight on your behalf. She did this with my family member, but luckily I knew how to fight insurance and was able to get everything approved. I had to do her whole job while we were there. I hate to think of the amount of people that have been kicked out because they didn't know there was still the ability to fight but the case manager just chose not to. The therapy staff is amazing. The setting is phenomenal. However, the case manager needs to be fired. She either does not know how to do her job or is just simply unwilling.

Challanger November 19, 2013

I was in rehab in Dec 2011 for one week, had I known what I know now, I would have reported them to Medicare. The majority of staff was condescending, rude and incompetent. My floor was mopped once in seven days. When I requested an "Just What IS IT THAT YOU WANT?" as ugly as a person could get. She brought the pack and thru it on the floor by my night stand. When I request her to put water in the drink cup with out Ice, she returned with cup full of ice and NO water. I reported her and all others that were ugly to me and my room mate who suffered a stroke and could not talk for herself. ONE and only one sweet Nurse stood her ground and took up for me and my room mate. How this place got the rating they did is beyond me. The account manager could not even supply me with a bill, she said there was not a bill in my name. Why because for unknown reasons, and not authorized by me. I called for 3 months several times a month to get a statement. Finally I decided my family or church had blessed me and had paid my bill. Not so, almost a year later I got a bill from a Credit collector. About the same time my friend (person to call in case of Emergency) brought me a bill that had finally caught up with her at her New Address. You need to know that you can contact Medicare when you are not treated correctly by staff, they will Immediately send an investigator out and if they find the claims to be true the facility may lose their funding.

Barbara71534650 September 23, 2013

When my aunt broke her hip, she stayed at Grace Care for rehabilitation. What I really liked about them was that they had a very friendly, nice and helpful staff. However, the placed seemed dark. My aunt was in a hospital apartment so it wasn't as nice as the other apartments in the facility. I was not able to eat there, but the food looked good. Every once in a while, there would be somebody playing the piano. They had a little ice cream parlor that you could go to, which was free. For me, the only improvement they needed was for them to paint the building a little lighter so that it won't look dark because it was a beautiful building and they had an atrium in the middle. I would recommend this facility to others.

TamiTLC June 26, 2013

I recently had a family member here at Grace and we loved it. The entire staff was awesome. My mom recovered quickly, the therapy was great. I would recommend this facilty to anyone!

kn1950 February 13, 2012

My relative has been at Grace Care Center for 1 year and the nursing staff is the worst I have ever seen. I really believe that most of the staff are just there to collect a paycheck and don't really care about the elderly. My relative has fallen 2 times. Recently, I was complaining that something was wrong with my relative and was told by Grace Care that she had dementia. When I threatened that I was going to take her to the hospital myself, they called an ambulance. When I got her to the hospital we found out that she had a urinary tract infection and pneumonia.

Jb tollv March 24, 2011

Caregiver

My Mom has been here for some time, WHile this might be the best choice in Katy it surely has its shortcomings. Very Very transient staff,some not caring,too short staffed, some staff are great,but those are way to few and usually do not stay long. I think the D.O.N. is a paper pusher, not sure if that is what the position is supposed to be, also seems non caring. Let me be clear this is the most likely the best place for now in Katy but they could do way better.

Donna Moran November 10, 2009

Employee/former employee

Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services rated Grace Care Center of Katy a 94 which is well above the Texas statewide average of 60. This rating makes Grace Care Center number one in the Katy area and number three in all of Harris County. Grace Care Center of Katy recently celebrated their one year anniversary and is very proud of this designation.

About The Grace Care Center of Katy

The Grace Care Center of Katy is a nursing home in Katy, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Grace Care Center of Katy for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Grace Care Center of Katy

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of The Grace Care Center of Katy