CareOne at Holmdel

Reviews of CareOne at Holmdel

3.7

May 21, 2014

By janhope

STAY AWAY!! Unless you are ambulatory and young, if you can't do for yourself, you will starve and lay in soaking diapers because they don't have enough staff to help you! Food service leaves the tray-if you can't eat yourself, they take the tray away and if there is no one to help you, you don't eat! Very UNDERSTAFFED. Some staffers are caring and compassionate- others are just there for the money. Call bells are not answered until they have time! They leave you on the toilet (IF they get to you to take you there) until they are ready to help you! Then they over-medicate you so you don't bother them! Even medications with the same side effects! This is a horrible place- do not put anyone you care about here unless you want to see them die before their time. Rating 1 star is too generous...it should be MINUS 5!

December 23, 2013

My sister was in a rehab at CareOne for almost a month. They're just a regular facility, nothing to brag about. However, they did the best that they could for my sister. For me, the facility was a C+ and the living environment was a C-. I just didn't like the atmosphere in their rehab facility. There were too many people around and it was too crowded, so if you need help, it is not right off. Also the food was not great. Regarding the staff, some of them were okay and were really dedicated but some of them were just putting the time in. However, they did have activities for their patients. They had bingo. Also once a week they would have somebody come in and entertain the people around. They also had a coffee shop in there. I would recommend this facility more than the other facility. They were much better when it comes to accommodations because they have a waiting room and a place for visitors.

September 27, 2013

By Linda Liu

This place is better named "Care None." Stay away or your relative will die much faster than he(she) should. I learned the lesson too late. At the beginning another patient's son told me to go away, but I was not sure. Later I personally experienced how they carelessly take "care" of patients: terrible food is delivered on time and then taken away unused in a few minutes. A patient in the same room as my mom did not eat anything for days until her daughter brought her own food. When patient needs assistance, a call is often answered 20 minutes later. I was with my mom from 8AM to 8PM for two weeks. But then in one day I asked them to take care, my mom fell on the floor and got hurt badly because she needed to go to restroom. My mom entered in the place in a reasonable condition (can eat well, think and talk normally), but in less than one month, she passed away. I felt so bad for sending her to Care One.

June 13, 2013

By Mitch3

I chose Care One because it was close and I was able to access it every day. It was a good place and my husband got extra care there. The aides were wonderful, the nursing staff was wonderful, but I didn't appreciate their management. They didn't have enough activities for people who were in rehab. The food was good, but I wish they had fresh fruits instead of canned fruits.

Photos of CareOne at Holmdel

Features of CareOne at Holmdel

• Housing Extra: Private & Shared Rooms

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About CareOne at Holmdel

Let CareOne help you take the worry out of long-term care. Our knowledgeable specialists can help you and your family navigate all of the care options available. Plus, you and your loved one will be assured of a comfortable, seamless transition to the long-term care environment.

Most important, our staff includes experienced registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, nursing directors and managers who not only provide outstanding care but also treat each resident like a member of their own family.

Our long-term care team includes:

• 24-hour-a-day registered nurses
  • Activity and recreation staff
  • Certified nursing assistants
  • Licensed nutritionists
  • Social services
  • Spiritual support services
  • On-site physician services including internal medicine, podiatry, ophthalmology and dental care

Featuring a lovely, homelike atmosphere, close proximity to local hospitals and accommodations for up to 130 patients, CareOne at Holmdel is the ideal choice for sub-acute rehabilitation and long-term care.

Map of CareOne at Holmdel