Indian Oaks Living Center

415 INDIAN OAKS DR, Harker Heights, TX, 76548

Reviews of Indian Oaks Living Center

claudian December 17, 2014

My husband who is an active duty soldier who was injured and is now quadraplegiquadraplegic was admitted to this facility to be close to home while he recovered. Nursing staff would take hours to respond to alarms going off in the hallways when he needed help. The place was always really dirty and the first time they transfered him to be showered the bathroom was covered in blood n there was mold on the shower walls. Hes clothes along with his beenies . Multiple times i came to visit my husband there was older people sleeping on the durty floor for hours nurses would just put blankets over. I discussed the isssues with the social worker and requested a meeting with he director . The director never showed up neither did the nurse manager for that hall only the social worker. Very often the maintanance staff would not come in and clean his room because it was too hot so my husbands room would always smell like urine and feces. I spoke to a night nurse once and told her of the issues which she cought and attitude with me and that night when they did my husbands vow program they never came back to clean him. I showed up in the morning only to find him covered in feces and urine because his catheter had also come off. I often took him home on pass only to find that he had feces and was never cleaned leaving him rashes . One of the night med tecs once took his pain medication patches and forgot to put new ones on leaving him in excruciating pain and she lied on the chart saying that she had placed them. While my husband chain of command visited one time the cleaning staff came in and said it was too hot to clean . She steps out of the room and turns off the alarm that was going off in the room accross the hall where one of the elder patients was having an emergency. Another night one of the tecs came in the room while my husband slept and accidentally knocked off the table my husbands tablet n broke it and my husband woke up and saw her and had the facility repair it. If patients could not leave their room for meal time they were served about an hr later and sometimes even longer. Alot of the staff was unproffesional and rude to the elders. Due to a bed malfunction they injured my husband neck which he hasnt been able to recover and get his pain under control. Several of the staff left the facility which i kept contact with. They informed me how they were instructed to turn alarms off. And how many of the patients were neglected and given wrongful medication and sometimes they were injured accidentally but they were instructed not to expose that information. They were also instructed that when they needed urine samples to just grab it by draining the bag . Obtaining contaminated samples to turn in to lab for futher patient treatment. I had to confront the nurse incharge to obtain my husband urine sample the proper and sterile way for his bag was changed only once a week. After over a month and countles acts of abuse and negligence not only to my husband but also to many other older patients the military stepped in and pulled my husband out after inspecting the place and witnessing the conditions in which people live there. Its unsanitary. They are un professional un ethical and inhumaine to elders. We were assisted through our leagal team that we will seek consequences. And justice for the people who stay there. The director was arrogant the day we left saying she had no idea all this was going on when on multiple occasion i saw her in her office while older and sick people layed on the dirty floor. I have spoken to other military families whom have had family there and they were faced with the same issues in which just like me and my family we took our loved ones out of that place that should not be caring for people in any way shape or form...i couldn't unclick all the stars in the rating other wise i would have.

Grammercy October 29, 2013

My mother was at Indian Oaks Center for a month. The nurses were good, would look in on Mom regularly, the CNA's attentive, Mom liked the meals but food or coffee sometimes arrived cold. I would have liked clearer information on the costs Medicare and Medicaid would not pay. We were called about a bill 13 months after she was discharged, saying it was going to collections.

NealN November 16, 2012

My dad just got in today at Indian Oaks Living Center and I am very impressed with it. It's beautiful, immaculately clean, and the staff is friendly.

tlc235 January 07, 2012

Both my grandparents were, at one time, residents of Indian Oaks Nursing Home in Harker Heights, TX. While I found their care adequate, and I can not point to any specific examples of neglect or abuse, I was not wholly impressed. It seems that the staff supervised too many residents to give the individual attention that my elderly grandparents really needed. For example, on one visit I found my grandfather walking through the halls in socks with holes worn through them. Upon inspecting his feet, I noticed there were sores. When I pointed it out to the staff, they told me how my grandfather would often walk endlessly around the circuitous corridors at all hours of the day and night. They explained how they urged him to put on shoes - often they physically placed shoes on his feet. Ultimately, he would take them off and continue on his walk. They explained they had so many residents that could not continuously place shoes on his feet while also caring for the others. I do believe they had genuine empathy for my grandfather, but they were unable to devote the time to care for him in an exemplary fashion. Given these, and other observations, I would say this facility is adequate but not outstanding.

About Indian Oaks Living Center

Indian Oaks Living Center is a nursing home in Harker Heights, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Indian Oaks Living Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Indian Oaks Living Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: