The Highlands | Fitchburg, Mass.

335 Nichols Avenue, Fitchburg, MA, 01420

Reviews of The Highlands | Fitchburg, Mass.

spie11 November 16, 2012

Very disappointed in this facility. My elderly mother received rehab services after a bout with pneumonia. She was discharged after a short period and returned about month later as the pneumonia reoccurred. Communication is horrendous. As family member who do not live in the area, we rely on info from the staff. Although some of the nurses were helpful, the social worker was rarely available. She was consistently negligent in conveying any pertinent information to family members (plans for discharge, medicare, etc.) and appeared to be very limited in knowledge regarding resources for aftercare.

prinsmileu October 13, 2012

I thought the staff was very friend but seemed over whelmed. The amenities were very nice and seemed clean. The nurses seemed like they knew what they were doing and answered call lights when they went off. I had a positive experience while visiting and I hope others did as well. My grandmother said she enjoyed the hot meals and games that were provided by the activity staff. The rooms were good sized and privacy seemed to be very important.

Shirley5 December 08, 2011

My mother was in this facility after receiving radiation for lung cancer. She was transferred here for physical therapy. She was placed in a private room, which she liked very much, and had a shared bathroom. She had a television, phone, chairs for visitors, and a bed.One complaint I have is with the frequency with which the nurses checked in on her. When I would visit, I rarely saw any of the nurses or assistants come in. If she rang the bell for help, it took awhile for anyone to come to the room. I could also hear bells going off in other rooms with no response. They did also put a bed alarm under her, the nurses did come if that went off.The condition of the building was good, it was clean and welcoming. The administration was friendly.

About The Highlands

The Highlands is a nursing home in Fitchburg, MA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Highlands for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Highlands

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: