Douglasville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

4028 HWY 5, Douglasville, GA, 30135

Reviews of Douglasville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Eboni.Redding August 18, 2015

With yesterday being my first encounter of this "rehabilitation" I was very disappointed. I started off in the wrong building because I was lost, everyone i encountered seemed to be confused on what their job was. I finally asked a fourth young lady if she could help and wanted to know if there was some sort of computer that could help me locate him, she just gazed at me like i spoke another language she then said she's not familiar with the name and maybe he 's across the way, I entered that building where it seemed everyone was nice, i was greeted with a smile, they directed me to my uncle. Here's where my heart broke! My uncle is paralyzed but does have a wheelchair that he usually sits in all day until it's time for bed, he told me he had been laying in the same position since FRIDAY, it was MONDAY when he told me this. During my stay he started having difficulty breathing, again he's paralyzed so he can only blow to turn the call light on, it took the staff over 3 minutes to answer that call light! I stepped outside of his room to find 3 young ladies at the front desk on their cellphones laughing and giggling with one another! I loudly asked if someone could come and aid him, where i then got nasty looks from the staff. Needless to say i was appalled, angry, and frustrated. It wasn't until Sharonica and Natasha visited his room that i felt at ease. Those two young ladies along with the CNA made me feel better about leaving my uncle there alone through the night.

CaringDaughter_1 November 17, 2014

My mother was at this nursing home for a few weeks for rehab. She liked it here and loved the food. I visited her about 5 days a week since I live in the same city. The regular week day Staff was very good and took good care of my mother. The actual nurses who administered the medication on the weekend and weekday was awesome, so was the rehab physical therapist. The weekend staff who took care of the patients was horrible. Very lazy and barely did anything. Wish they had weekend staff like the weekday.

pinkilee March 27, 2013

I noticed that Douglasville Nursing is an old facility. As I walked in, it just gave me the impression that it's strictly a nursing home.

imagagirl71 August 21, 2012

I would consider this facility a 4 out of 5 stars facility. Not fancy, but above average. While my grandfather's needs were met, I felt the amenities and activities were lacking for an assisted care facility. An upgrade on amenities and more effort in planning activities would make me give this facility 5 out of 5 stars. An onsite pool to assist in exercise, would have been amazing.The staff were excellent in their duties, very nice and respectful. I liked that they were personable and listened to my grandfather tell jokes and stories. One staff member in particular, became very close to him during his time there. The facilities were not extravagant as some I have seen, but they were clean and well kept. Any maintenance issues in my grandfather's room were addressed in a timely manner. I would recommend this center to anyone looking for a local assisted care facility.

delandlisa March 31, 2012

2 years ago, I wouldn't let this place watch my TV, but recently, my mom needed to be place immediately, and this facility is only 5 minutes from the house, so I said it would be OK to send over her documents. I went for a tour, and the change is AMAZING! You wouldn't recognize the place. Medicare.gov still has it as a one star, but I don't think they've evaluated it lately... Its beautiful, its clean, has one of the best therapy programs in the metro Atlanta area, and has mostly new staff...

About Douglasville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Douglasville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Douglasville, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Douglasville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Douglasville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center