Brothers of Mercy Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

10570 Bergtold Road, Clarence, NY, 14031

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Brothers of Mercy Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Anonymous105802650 February 09, 2015

My mother loved the Brothers of Mercy. It was great, and they were very nice. She was happy with it. The food was good and healthy. She got what she wanted and what she asked for. It was clean. They had a nice activity room. They also have a singer come in sometimes. She did a physical therapy there, and it was fine. It was really good. We would recommend this facility to others.

susan6 May 10, 2012

My mom was in this facility, of which she chose, after her stroke in 2001. They were good with their re-hab, but most of the employees are there just for the money and not to help the residents. The aides would stand around the desk and converse while all the lights down the hall were blinking and at times I would time my mom's light being on for 20 minutes or more before anyone would come to help her and at other times no one came until I would walk down the hall and ask them to help her. My mom's mind was there but the stroke left her paralyzed down her left side. When my mom was sick with a low BP and a tempurature over 101+* they wouldn't do anything except to say they were not an acute care system. One day my mom had to be toileted and the aid was yelling and screaming at her, little did she know mom had just dialed me the telephone and since I was not home, my machine answered and the whole thing was recorded. When I returned home I heard everything and removed th tape out of the machine and reported it. Of course, the aid denied everything, but there was proof of her actions. One month (August of 2005) my mom seemed to be sleeping constantly and as I stated, she had her mind in order and was very lucid at all times. We thought and were told that she was deteriorating, but so fast and for no apparent reason. Well, we were then told that the pharmacy mixed up her meds for the month and instead of giving her what med was needed they prescribed a double dose of seizure med which now was added to the seizure med she already took every day so she was just plained knocked out all the time. No one, not the home for not realizing the meds were different color and size or the pharmacy would take any action because they felt neither was at fault. For this my mother suffered for years after until her death in 2011. Needless to say, I definitely do NOT recommend this nursing and re-hab facility to anyone. Everyday I was there, I dealt with people telling me what they thought I wanted to hear instead of what was needed. They would just pacify me to get me to be quiet. I had my mother sent to another facility in 2008. Thank you.

KittyAka May 03, 2012

I was completing a graduation requirement of I think thirty-two hours of community service. This facility liked having younger (teenage/early twenties) volunteers to come help out, as it brightened the spirits and moods of the residents. Tasks I was assigned to included taking down Christmas decorations, putting up Valentine's day decorations, visiting and chatting with residents, playing games such as cards, dominoes, or bingo with residents (and of course helping them with the games), and playing the piano for their entertainment. The staff was generally friendly, a bit stressed at times, but they were generally very busy. The conditions of the facility seemed nice, it was clean and well kept. The residents varied from grouchy to friendly, depending on what seemed to be age, health, weather, and whether or not their family members had visited recently. The food, however, many residents complained about. This seems common among college campuses and assisted-living facilities I have visited. Overall, though, the residents seemed content with where they were, as the staff took care of them, and the building was decent and nicely decorated.

Brothers Fan January 20, 2012

Brothers of Mercy is an excellent facility. The staff is very friendly and supportive. I also volunteered with some of the staff at an event to raise support for the brothers of mercy and the staff were some of the nicest people I have ever met. This is clearly rubbing off on their patients because all of the "brothers" that went to support the event were all very cheerful. The site looked like it provided very comfortable living. The food was delicious and was served in a restaurant-style setting. As I mentioned before, the "brothers" on-site were there because of brothers of mercy's enrichment program. This got the "brothers" involved in as many community activities as possible. Incorporated into the schedule is a quite reflection and mass time. Mass because brothers of mercy is a christian provider. This mass was held in the breath-taking sacred heart chapel. I truly only have good things to say about Brothers of Mercy.

JohnMcHale5 January 07, 2012

My wife's grandfather became a resident after he had a stroke and could no longer care for himself. Overall I was disappointed by the facility as I had expected more. Brother's had a reputation for being one of the best facilities in Western New York. I feel that it feel far short of this. Overall the facility seemed to be clean and in decent shape, however it is very outdated. The rooms, which were mostly shared, are very small. It is hard to have more than one person in a room with the resident. The staff was a plus however as they were very friendly and attentive. They all seemed to know each patient by name. Overall, the care that was provided did seem to be a step above. However, the actual facilities left much to be desired. I would not totally rule out using this facility in the future, however we definitely explore a newer more updated place.

amartone August 10, 2011

My grandmother lived here for several years and I visited her a few times. Every single time I went I was amazed at the cheerfulness and genuine goodheartedness of the staff. Everyone that I encountered that worked here was a kind soul, and my grandmother had nothing but great things to say about the facility.

I'm glad they were able to make her last few years as pleasant as possible.

About Brothers of Mercy Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Brothers of Mercy Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Clarence, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Brothers of Mercy Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Brothers of Mercy Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Brothers of Mercy Nursing & Rehabilitation Center