Veracare

5400 WEST 87TH STREET, Burbank, IL, 60459

Reviews of Veracare

April 22, 2016

By UnsatisfiedFamilymember

This place was awful the staff were very unprofessional from the receptionist to the higher level of staff, My mom was in this facility we had to find a place to relocate my mom because the social worker never returned our calls and when she finally did return our calls after several attempts she said that the place she sent mom's information denied her because she was not able to get in contact with the family. When mom was discharged we received a bill for services that my mom insurance covered we contacted the billing office only to be transferred to the corporate office who knew nothing about the statement.

November 28, 2014

By cin1122

The place is very clean, staff was very caring and helpful. My relative was very happy with the care.

June 11, 2014

By I am a friend or relative of a dischared resident

This place can not deal with any thing beyond what they think is normal. My Mother was admitted as a trach patient needing physical therapy. She also had very bad anxiety attacks that they did not know how to deal with. We asked for a regular schedule of anxiety medicine that they could not understand. The nurses could not read the charts from previous nurse notes posted. The Doctor was not very helpful and just proceeded to tell y mother she would never be able to be removed from the vent/trach removed. She has been home a week and has been successful at doing both. Medicine that was not needed was prescribed by both the doctor and nurses. One hand can not follow what the other hand does. Administration was unhelpful and almost always unavailable. Physical therapy was the best service she received. Speech therapy was slow in helping her make progress. Moms family had to do most of the work for her. Please send you loved one to a place that can handle unusual situations. This one can not. Also when mom was discharged the doctor wrote out prescriptions for medicine she no longer had to take.

January 18, 2014

By worldwideweb65

My father was in Brentwood for only six days before we removed him and took care of him ourselves for Alzheimer's, within three days he was so much better with us taking care of him. They did not inform us that he was on risperidone (Risperdal), a medicine for schizophrenics, in which he is not nor ever been. We feel he was on risperidone (Risperdal) to knock him out all day and night so they wouldn't have to deal with him. The staff would not answer our questions and we were told to ask the administration, when the administration were asked the questions they gave us the run around. The so called Doctor was very rude and uninformed. Avoid this place like the plague.

Features of Veracare

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Veracare

Veracare is a nursing home in Burbank, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Veracare for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Veracare