Laurel Court

3830 Mustang Road, Alvin, TX, 77511

Reviews of Laurel Court

old fat fella January 14, 2016

14 Jan 16 - Folded, hard, untoasted or very lightly grilled flour tortilla with a slight wedge of partially melted yellow cheese inside = Quesadilla! (FAIL!) Scoop a bit of mediocre very mild salsa from a jar or can, put it in a small bowl and serve it - Salsa Salad! (FAIL!). Add a dab of canned refried beans and call that a meal! Oh boy. Please sirs, might I have more???? Thinking of reducing my rating to 2 stars from 2 1/2. 7 Jan 16 - Wifi available 24/7 - internet connectivity very iffy. Probably useful 50% of the time but only when you don't NEED it. 5 Jan 16 - Currently at Laurel Court. Many times have long-g-g call light waits. You can hear it ringing from your room but someone 5' away seemingly cannot. Food is edible but totally uninspired. Staff can heat bread but not toast bread. Ever been served an over easy egg that was colder than the plate it was on? How does one manage that??? Lower echelon staff is far more helpful than upper echelon. Sometimes it feels like the staff thinks you are there for their benefit. I'll be moving on when I find a better spot. Probably an average facility of this type. I'd give it 2 1/2 stars if that rating existed.

atyourownrisk September 23, 2015

My mother was there for rehab. When we arrived, they had no record we were coming. We were left to just sit in the room with no idea of what was going on. Finally we talked to the LVN at the main desk who got someone to help her settle in. The nursing home doctor, which never personally saw my mother, put the wrong diagnosis on her record that she was there for cardiac. She had never had cardiac problems, she was there for abdominal pain. The night medication aide would clock in and disappear for hours at a time, leaving my mother to lie there in severe pain because no one brought pain meds on time. The other nurse aides said they couldn’t find the medication aide, so … oh well, there’s nothing we can do, she will just have to lie there and suffer. This happened repeatedly. My mother arrived with a PICC line in place which, when it was time to be removed, was yanked out by either an LVN or a nurse aide when it should be removed by a physician or RN. We researched PICC removal, they did NOT follow sterile technique and it was a miracle my mother did not get an embolus or an infection from that. The only good thing was the rehab unit, they were excellent. But then they are another company just using Laurel Court rooms, they are not Laurel Court employees.

Trace2200 September 18, 2015

My grandma has been at Laurel Court for 4 months. Admissions was helpful upon admitting, business office was very informative. Nurses and aides seem to really care about the resident's. When my Grandma was in the hospital Amanda came to see us and explained everything very well. Tammy, the Administrator spends allot of time on the floors getting to know us and our loved one's. Love the place!

ramirez 59 July 27, 2015

Worst nursing home ever!!! I wouldn't put my dog in there. Nurses are very uncaring and will literally watch patient waste away. (there was only one nurse on my dad's floor that really did care by the name of "T"). My dad was on nectar thick beverages and there was rarely any in his room. Everytime My family went up there, which was daily, there was never anything to drink to the point he got dehydrated and had to have an IV. The staff was to make plans for my dad and never followed through such as a tilted back wheelchair so he wouldn't fall out. The list could go on and on, it's a horrible place even though it looks pretty!!!!

Kim107630550 March 14, 2015

My grandmother is at Laurel Court right now, and the place is great. They are really good as well as the sanitation. It’s like a hospital, one floor, clean, and very nice. The only time it smells is when somebody poops in their pants, and they clean that up really quickly. They are very helpful, and they are overstaffed; she never has to wait for anything. She loves them, and they love her.

Ropersims February 06, 2015

My mother in law has been there for 3 months. This is my first time dealing with elderly care and Laurel Court has been wonderful. Everyone has been professional and caring. If I had to complain about something, it would be that sometimes there's a strong urine smell but it's not often. I highly recommend this place and the director Crystal was always there when I had a question or concern and immediately addressed the problem.

Maggie C December 27, 2013

My great grandfather has had some complaints each time he had been their but it is a great Facility.

About Laurel Court

Laurel Court is a nursing home in Alvin, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Laurel Court for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Laurel Court

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 675495
  • Resident Capacity 125
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

Location of Laurel Court