Gardens of Germantown Memory Care

Reviews of Gardens of Germantown | Memory Care

Overview of Ratings

4.6

By Thefire43

The GOG has been a godsend. They were extremely attentive and supportive during the decision to transition from home care to facility care. Once at the GOG, the entire has aided in making it my mom's new "home". The personal attention she receives is extremely comforting for me and my siblings. We no longer have to worry about her being alone. The activities director is energetic and creative. Mr. Bobby is always engaging the residents in meaningful activities and field trips. The director, Ms. Kathy, is open and informative. I recommend the GOG to any family struggling with the decision to have to transfer care of a loved one to professionals!

By theresahash

My mother has been a resident of the Gardens since they first opened in January 2011. They are an assisited living memory care facility. What makes the Gardens unique is their three residential wings for beginning, middle, and end stages of memory decline. The decor is like a luxury hotel with both private and double rooms with dining in each wing. I cannot say enough good things about the Gardens- they have taken wonderful care of my Mom! While they are not perfect (no place is), their staff from the PCA's to nursing staff, to management has always been wonderful and open to suggestions if there was something I didn't like. There is also a doctor who visits weekly, a podiatrist who visits, and a beauty salon on site. We never have to leave which is a blessing for my Mom who is in the end stages of Alzheimer's disease.

By roopturner

It is hard to move a loved one into the care of others, but since day one when I walked in The Gardens, I know that this was the family atmosphere I wanted for my mom. The staff is the best and everyone always has a kind word to say and a smile on their face. We had some outside family member issues and they were both compassionate and helpful during this troubled time with my mom. My mom was very reclusive and not eating well when she first moved in, but now attends exercise activities and other field trips and is eating better. The staff always answer questions and resolves problems quickly and kindly. You couldn't find a better dementia facility in this area!!! Thanks GARDENS...I know my mom is in the best hands around!!!

By Bee101

This place is truly one-of-a-kind! There is not enough time in the day for me to tell you how special it is. ALL of the employees love their job and it shows! They truly care about the residents and their families. You can see their love for the residents as they're talking to them or caring for them. It takes a special kind of person with a big heart and a lot of patience to work with alzheimers patients. I wish I had half their energy, optimism and patience. I've spent time in other retirement care facilities and have never seen anything like this. I've noticed that many places have expensive equipment for excercise, beautiful furniture and decor, movie theaters, etc. But I've never seen a staff like this. I feel like that's what matters more than anything as people age. I've talked to many elderly people and they seem to care less and less about material things and grow more concerned about how well they'll be taken care of in the future. My mother-in-law is in this home. And I hope that my mother (and best friend) can live there too one day.

May 08, 2012

By nursetn

Can go on vacation this year and relax for the first time in 2 years. Mother hasn't fallen in the 7 months she has been there. My sister and I are both pleased with the staff to resident ratio compared to the other place Mother lived and places we visited.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of Gardens of Germantown

Features of Gardens of Germantown

• Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms Are Available

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 20:3
    • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: TN State Board Licensure

About Gardens of Germantown

The Gardens of Germantown Memory Care offers safe, secured neighborhoods for your loved one, for all stages of memory loss from beginning dementia to advanced Alzheimer’s.

Our Neighborhoods are completely secured. Each Neighborhood has it’s own dining, activities and socializing area. Beautiful sunrooms provide a comfortable place to relax. Everything in our building - from the spacious hallways, elegant decor, and apartment suite amenities has been designed for your loved one with luxurious comfort in mind.

Map of Gardens of Germantown