Nazareth Classic Care of Fairfield

1095 E. Tabor Avenue, Fairfield, CA, 94533

Top nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of Nazareth Classic Care of Fairfield

momma's boy October 03, 2014

I was looking for a place for my mom that was clean, affordable, and had a good care staff. Not easy to find these days. Nazareth was not the most glamorous place but I was impressed with the caregivers and the community was a pleasant surprise. They interact with the residents and have activities that were especially for dementia. The rooms are clean and spacious and the pricing was just right for our budget as thy were happy to work with me. What a blessing!. I would say to anyone looking for a place for their family member to check it out and you'll be surprised like I was. Dementia costs are outrageous these days but Nazareth was refreshing in the way they offered to help.

Byron2 June 26, 2014

My dad was only at Nazareth Classic Care for a month. I liked that this community was specifically for dementia patients and that they had a 24/7 staff. The staff was very friendly. However, after just a short amount of time, I had problems with them because they didn't seem as attentive as I had hoped they would be. The food that they sent us when we admitted him was different from the food that they had normally. My dad did not like the food. In fact, he lost 20 pounds during the month he was there. They need to improve on making sure that they know where all of their residents are at all times. My father got out and was unaccounted for for about an hour. He crashed his wheelchair and had some extensive injuries, including a fractured neck. He was never the same afterward.

Caring74015850 December 27, 2013

Nazareth Classic Care is a pretty good facility. It was an easy transfer for my mom to be right in there because the other place where she was at is related to this one. All they had to do is basically move her there and all the paperwork was just carried over. What I like best about this place is that it is the same price as with the other facility where my mom was. The staff is pretty good. I did try their food and it is okay. Regarding activities, my mom pretty much the only thing she can do is that she can sing, so they do karaoke and stuff like that and that helps her out. She seems to be happy there and that's the bottom-line. They have a lady there that plays the piano and my mom is really happy about that. Most of the ALF is depressing. One thing about Nazareth Care is that it is a two-story structure and they put the patients who are bedridden and farther gone upstairs and the ones that can still get around and converse, they have them downstairs, so it is not as depressing as other facilities. That's important too. My mom can actually talk to somebody and have a conversation there whereas at the other place, they just threw everybody in the same floor.

StillLoving November 23, 2013

This was the only facility that gave enough information up front what they could or could not provide and the relating cost. Very cooperative, I needed a private room and while non was available they accommodated our needs by converting a shared room to a private room. Staff is very caring, always help both resident/visitor with a smile. While the facility is an older building it is clean and well kept. The outside, secure green area is inviting with places to sit and enjoy. I brought a shepherd style stake to hang 2 birdfeeders and hope small things like watching the birds will give the residents a little bit of enjoyment.

RioVista August 21, 2012

They are fully staffed and the staff are all very helpful. They will let me go see my Mother at any time day or night. They have two floors, upstairs is for the more advanced patents, where they have there own dining room and have someone help feed and care for patients. Everybody is pretty much free to do as they like, they have a little area out back where they are free to walk around. In my opinion they could spend more time with the patients, It seems the staff are very busy. At night they have one employee to take care of the whole floor and that includes all there housecleaning duties getting all people ready for bed. I feel they do not have enough activities for these poor people, and they are all highly medicated to make it easier for staff (that is my opinion). If at all possible the best care for the elderly is at home with family that loves and cares for them, The place is very clean and there is always someone available to help out with any issues.

countrygirl1 May 19, 2012

While my Mother was in this facility I would go in at different times day and night. They say visiting hours are at certain times, but they were very good about us coming and going. For the first week I stayed every night on a recliner in my Moms room. My Mom had her own room, we were able to bring what ever we wanted of hers to her room. The staff there are all very good. about 150 residents. There are two floors, seems the like the top floor is for the new residents and for ones who needed more care. The food was not very appealing. It seems there are not a lot of activities for them to do. They seem to be able to do as they like, Its safe, clean. Eventually my Mom got better (from the stroke) so we brought her home. Its very sad for I never seen a whole lot of people visiting these people in the home. Very Sad, But as far as my whole experience I feel it's a good place, well staffed, clean facility.

followyeshua December 22, 2011

My mother lives here. Good people, very caring and supportive.

From Nazareth Classic Care of Fairfield

Nazareth Classic Care Fairfield is considered a specialized care community that focuses solely on seniors with Alzheimer's and dementia.

Our community is ideal for residents who require a higher level of care, an active setting and behavior management. Fairfield's care program accepts residents with the following:

• Sundowners
  • Wandering
  • Lewy Body Dementia
  • Parkinson's
  • aggressive combative behavior
  • advancing dementia behaviors
  • seniors considered an elopement risk.

This is a secure, gated community with three large gardens that offer plenty of room to walk, which helps to control behavioral issues related to anxiety and agitation.

AMENITIES AVAILABLE: