Silverado Sierra Vista

125 W. Sierra Madre Ave., Azusa, CA, 91702

Reviews of Silverado Sierra Vista

January 29, 2015

By Rene2

Silverado was truly outstanding, but it was too pricey for our relative. Everything impressed us -- the food, the staff, the activities, the facility, the site, and the amenities. They were really nice. The staff was very professional. I thought they were fully educated with the degrees and very knowledgeable. I would recommend them to others if it was in their price range.

Rene, thank you for sharing your comments. We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience. As you noticed, our associates are committed to providing quality care and excellent service. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

September 30, 2014

I think they have too many patients per caregiver for a place like that and what disturbs me the most about Silverado is that my daughter does not have dementia or Alzheimer’s. She has a brain injury, and she’s been having seizures; before that she could talk almost as well as you and me. For a while she had short term memory, and it was getting better and better until she started having the seizures. Now she cannot communicate as well to be able to tell us really what’s going on with her. It’s a very pretty and clean place. Actually all the people that I talked to that worked there seemed to be nice. A lot of times when I call, a lot of people don’t even know who she is -- and she’s been there for a few years -- I was surprised. They have activities like playing cards and different kind of games, they could work at the garden or something outside, but they have to go to the other section. There are two buildings and the building that she’s in, that’s where people with more severe dementia and Alzheimer’s are; in the other section they’re not as severe. I keep telling them I want her to go to the other section so she could be more involved and she’s been only there a few times; that really kind of upset me. They put her there because there was an opening. I’m giving them a low rating because first of all, the major reason I have is because my daughter doesn’t belong there in Silverado. That is a wrong place for her period. It belongs to people who have other problems besides dementia and Alzheimer’s -- like they can’t walk because they have something paralyzing their back -- whereas my daughter can’t walk because people aren’t walking with her and they’re not giving her the physical therapy and setting it up like they're supposed to. It's more like an institution than a home.

Thank you for taking the time to review our Sierra Vista community. Our associates are fully committed to providing world-class care regardless of circumstance, and we take all feedback very seriously. We encourage you to reach out directly to the community to discuss this further.

January 05, 2013

By Cheryl7

My mother is living in Silverado Senior right now. I chose this facility for her and I'm very happy. They have both Alzheimer's and dementia units and they also provide nursing help. Many Alzheimer's and dementia facilities do not offer nursing help. We were turned away by some of them because they don't have nursing capabilities. And many assisted living facilities wouldn't take my mom because she has both Alzheimer's and dementia. But Silverado offered me those. My mother is very comfortable and everything is doing great.

March 17, 2012

By sleepingsoundlyinseattle

Other

How hard is it to find a quality, comfortable, safe place when you live far from the most important person in your life? It can be difficult, but the Silverado will help you all the way! I was recently in this situation after my father passed away and my mother couldn't be alone. As other reviewers have said, the Silverado is beautiful, staff friendly, caregivers well-trained and truly caring, lots of activities and active residents, but what I want to emphasize is their attention to the whole family. In this difficult transition, the staff is giving emotional support to our family 24/7. We feel like they are part of our extended family, and that is priceless!

June 22, 2011

By AdorAngl

I went to check out this assisted living facility for my mom. All in all, it seemed like a great place. The only problem was the area. The city which it is located in is pretty run down in parts compared to its surrounding cities and I did some research online where I learned that there is somewhat of a high crime rate. With that aside, it was a pet friendly place which I think is fabulous! The site is well maintained and there were a lot of staff, all of whom were very friendly. In addition, it seemed as though there were a lot of social activities for the residents which is, of course, very important.

Photos of Silverado Sierra Vista

Features of Silverado Sierra Vista

• State Licenses: 197608181

About Silverado Sierra Vista

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Map of Silverado Sierra Vista