Ashford Court | Independent Living

37501 Joy Rd, Westland, MI, 48185

Reviews of Ashford Court | Independent Living

Jyll March 31, 2015

I loved everything about Ashford. It was gorgeous, fresh, new, and light. Everybody seemed to be family, and nobody seemed to be not glad to be there. I went after work, and the tenants were down there having snacks. They had a little snack shop. They sign upcoming events that they wanted to go to. Everybody knew the director, and they were all stopping and talking to the director about upcoming events. It was just marvelous. I enjoyed it.

They gave me a packet, and in it is a coupon for my aunt and my cousin to come and visit them and have lunch or dinner with them as well as tour the facility, and I thought that was kind of neat.

David83761350 March 20, 2015

A friend has already moved in to Ashford Court. It’s bright and cheerful, and the rooms are of good size. The people answered all our questions. Everything has been taken care of. They responded to some of her wishes, the food is good, and the people are very friendly. No complaints.

Rochelle2 February 21, 2015

My father is not happy about moving, but my experience with Ashford Court is very good. The staff is very professional, and they followed up. When there were delays and everything, they checked back with me, and they worked with me very well. It's spacious, clean, and close to my home and my sister's home. There is a social calendar.

Caring101730250 January 29, 2015

We visited Ashford Court, and it was good. We went to visit and wrote down all the information. We just decided that it went over my dad's budget. For him to live in that facility would make him kind of tight with his money. They really have no issues. They are very nice places, and the staff was very helpful. It would have been great, but he wasn't able to afford it.

Caring103098950 December 17, 2014

Ashford Court was big, but the available rooms that they had were small. The staff didn't stand out to where they were friendly. The girl who gave me the tour was informative. Activities were very limited. I didn't see much that my father can do on the calendar posted. However, the dining area was laid out nicely, sanitation was good, and the place was well maintained.

Caring89375050 July 31, 2014

After visiting several facilities, I moved my mom to Ashford Court three or four weeks ago and I love it. The facility is absolutely beautiful and very clean. The staff is wonderful and everybody is very helpful. They offer a ton of activities. I cannot even list them all because there are so many. Everything about it is right for my mom. I am really pleased and I will absolutely recommend them to others 100%.

Gregory3 July 20, 2014

We were able to place my mom at Ashford Court before she died. We chose this place because of our prior experience of the place. My wife's parents were there and so was another person we knew. The facility is very clean and very organized. It has a nice lobby for sitting. We had no problems with the nurse's aide. They came in and helped me when she was still there. Mom was in a nice studio apartment with a bathroom and a kitchenette. It opened up to a nice patio area. They have in-house activities and activities where you could sign up and go out on a daily basis.

Louise4 April 12, 2013

My mother-in-law is at Ashford Court. She has her own apartment with a kitchenette that has a small refrigerator, a sink, a microwave oven and a countertop. The facility looks like a hotel, with its ceiling, a fireplace and game tables.

The food is nourishing. It's not always great but through the most part because my mother-in-law is socializing with other people, she just sits and eats. She can make a little something in her kitchenette too if she wants to.

There are numerous activities to take part of every day. There's no extra charge for them. There are exercises and puzzles to participate in. We can also get more assistance using an ala carte menu, and that is added onto the bill. We're probably going to follow through with getting medication assistance because mother forgets them or maybe doesn't want to take her medication.

My mother in-law is doing great. She looks so much better. We really thought she was going to die if she stayed where she was previously at. My husband and I are happy.

From Ashford Court

Ashford Court is located in Westland, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ashford Court for a visit...and stay!

Features of Ashford Court

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: All lease terms are month-to-month