Rossmoor Retirement Community

Overview of Ratings

4.6

September 27, 2012

By Arob820

I was astounded by how well everything was kept up. The grounds were beautiful and the homes seemed clean and quiet. There's a golf course located on grounds also. Rossmoor is nested in a small valley in Walnut Creek and is surrounded by lush foliage. There is a security check-point at the entrance so people don't have to worry so much about strangers cruising their neighborhood. Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to take a tour of the entire facility. The inside of my friend's grandmother's house was updated and spacious. The dwellings appear to be condominiums and are more spacious than apartments. The front yards are well kept and the overall feel of the area is quaint. I would definitely consider moving to a place like this when I am old, particularly if I was alone. Rossmoor definitely gives off a community vibe. I was told by his grandmother that they often host different kinds of events for residents to attend.

July 06, 2012

By unhappylassy

The location is absolutely stunning. The grounds are gorgeous, the buildings and amenities are fantastic, and the place is just really a beautiful place to live. Also, they are very accomodating. There are condos, apartments, townhomes, and actualy houses, all inside of the gated community. It's easy to find a comfortable place for any lifestyle or family type! There are also lots of activities, events, and programs. When I'm old, I hope that's where I end up--it's beautiful!

January 27, 2012

By eastbay153

The Rossmoor Assisted Living Facility and Retirement Homes complex is nestled between Walnut Creek and Canyon Territory in the San Francisco Easy Bay. The complex spans the floor of a very long valley at the floor of a canyon, with homes rising up the hillside and forming a sort of long and wide bowl shape. My grandparents lived in one of the retirement homes near the top of the canyon. I visited them several times and was amazed at how peaceful and serene the atmosphere was. The view of the valley was incredible, and in the morning a dense fog crept over the canyon ridge. About one hundred yards from their home was a fire trail that led straight into Canyon Territory, which is a large and relatively undeveloped forest. During my visit, my grandparents took me to the Assisted Living portion of the complex to visit an old friend of theirs. This part of the complex is in the valley, near to the amenities. There are plenty of activities for residents, like game night, movie night, and so on. The facilities were very nice and well maintained, owing more similarity to an upscale hotel than the stereotypical nursing home. It seemed like a very nice place to live out one's golden years.

About Rossmoor Retirement Community

Rossmoor Retirement Community is an independent living community in Walnut Creek, CA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Rossmoor Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Rossmoor Retirement Community