Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Tacoma | Independent Living
David123375250 May 11, 2016
I visited this facility
We really liked Merrill Gardens at Tacoma. It had very nice, neat gardens and beautiful landscaping. The cottages were really well kept, and the main lodge was beautiful. We really liked that area. It was perfect for us because we were looking for independent for the first few years, and then later move on to assisted living. The cottage was very nice, exactly what we were looking for, at 1,400 square feet with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a two-car garage. It really hit the spot with that one. They had an exercise room, a game room, and a very nice restaurant open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and you can go in anytime and order anything you want. We dealt with two people who were very nice. I would recommend it to anyone. The price was good, and the location was in the really nice part of Tacoma and close to a lot of things, like grocery stores, restaurants, fast-food restaurants, and lots of places were really close within walking distance.
Donald12 September 28, 2013
I visited this facility
Merill Gardens is a phenomenal facility and it is sparkling clean. The have beautiful rooms. I was ready to move in there to one of their studio apartments. They were building a brand new memory care facility which I looked at and I even picked out an apartment there and then they told me how much it's going to cost to move in, $20,000 which was the first month's rent and the buy-in but that was way beyond my means.
From Merrill Gardens at Tacoma
Merrill Gardens at Tacoma is located in Tacoma, Washington across from Sunset Terrace Park on South 19th Street. Our apartment-style community offers all the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing. With our on-site Active Living Director, scheduled transportation and Anytime Dining program - there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door. Welcome to Merrill Gardens!
Merrill Gardens at Tacoma Location
- Close to medical services, shopping and restaurants - Landscaped grounds and courtyard - Across from Sunset Terrace Park
- Independent living and assisted living - 24-hour staff - Anytime Dining served restaurant style - Weekly housekeeping and linen service - Full activity program - Scheduled transportation - On-site maintenance
- Library, comfortable living areas and social meeting rooms - Game room and bistro - Indoor garden area - Onsite resident storage - Salon and barbershop - On-site wellness center - Garage parking for residents - Small pets welcome - Complimentary internet access with personal email account - Modern electronic security key system - State of the art resident call system in every apartment
- Month to month rental, no buy-in required - Moderate income program available - All utilities included, except telephone - Cable provided in every apartment - Washer and dryer in one and two bedroom
What Makes Us Special
Merrill Gardens at Tacoma can help you find a lifestyle that meets your financial situation. If your income is less than $25,100* annually as an individual or $28,700* annually for a couple, enjoy all that Merrill Gardens has to offer at a discounted rate. Apartments start at $1,495. Call today to see if you qualify! *Amounts are subject to change by the WSHFC.
Features of Merrill Gardens at Tacoma
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites
- Minimum rate: $2,600/month
Location of Merrill Gardens at Tacoma
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities