Orchid Terrace Independent Living

Overview of Ratings

4.6

November 30, 2015

By Marilyn113001050

Orchid Terrace appeared really nice. But when we saw an empty room, it looked so small. There was a partial kitchenette with cabinets and refrigerator. Otherwise, it’s fine. The common area is nice. The staff were friendly.

August 31, 2015

By Potential Resident

We are on the waiting list at Orchid Terrace. I chose it because Monica, who interviewed me, was extremely helpful, comforting, and friendly. The place was very clean, and because I'm looking for an efficiency to keep the cost down, they have nice sized efficiency. Also, it is fairly close to where I live, and the price is good. Monica has explained that if the person you placed there starts to get more involved, there are a lot of separate little services that can be purchased, e.g. assistance with dressing, assistance with taking meds or bathing, etc. It just seemed really nice and complete, it is in a pretty location, and it is very clean.

July 04, 2015

I was very impressed with Orchid Terrace. The staff was very courteous. They're very friendly. They keep the residents busy.

April 30, 2015

By Linda104791650

Orchid Terrace is a little more congested. It’s in an older neighborhood, but it was very nice and clean. The apartments were really nice as well as the people. I like the menu; the guy showed us what they were serving that day. On the right side of the menu is the alternatives if you don’t like what they were having.

April 17, 2015

I was familiar with the area where Orchid Terrace was located. The staff was very informative. It was a nice facility. The rooms were nice. They were just too expensive for my father's budget. They had different sizes of rooms. The dining room was very nice, and it looked clean.

September 10, 2014

By Luvenia

Orchid Terrace is a fairly new facility. It’s close to the highway, and it’s not hard to get to it. I liked the one-bedroom because of the kitchen area, and my table will fit there. The bedroom is spacious. I also liked the travel package where if you live in a Holiday and you travel to a city that has a Holiday you can stay there for a week with the same amenities that you get at home. They have Bingo and socialization. The staff is very good. I did not eat there, but you can see the dining area from the top floor.

June 19, 2014

By Robert85945750

Orchid Terrace was excellent. The staff and the meals were also excellent. They offered some activities. The rooms were very spacious with big windows, so there was lots of sunshine.

June 19, 2013

By Arvil

I had a stroke and my wife passed on, and I stayed at the Orchid Terrace for about six months because I couldn't live at my home. The managers and everything there was friendly. I had a one-bedroom apartment that was spacious enough. They served three meals a day and the food were nourishing. They had an activities' lady that was really good and nice, and they had all kinds of activities. It was a really nice place.

October 18, 2012

By RoseFlower

Orchid Terrace is absolutely wonderful. The location is great, close to a lot of great places in St. Louis like fine restaurants, and lots of places for shopping. The estate is beautiful as well, and feels secluded. The home does various things with the residents so that they know each other and are social so it feels like a family within the walls. My grandmother also tells me the food is delicious; three cooked meals a day. It's also great that they have a couple of managers who live in the house as well, to help provide a sense of security. I only hear good things about the place, and would recommend it to anyone that is considering moving into retirement. They provide an easy life with linen/house services, and even a travel program, ensuring that the residents of the home will never be bored and will enjoy retirement to the fullest.

June 05, 2012

By tikipunch2

This facility is a clean & healthy environment. They provide activities, doctors appt., shopping trips, lunch trips. They have a sewing circle, a chapel for worship, bible study. The residents are friendly & you get 3meals served 7/days per week. Sometimes they have special events and themes. The management is friendly and very helpfull.

Photos of Orchid Terrace

Features of Orchid Terrace

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Orchid Terrace

Orchid Terrace is located in St. Louis, MO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Orchid Terrace for a visit...and stay!

Map of Orchid Terrace