Mission Commons | Independent Living

10 Terracina Blvd, Redlands, CA, 92373

Reviews of Mission Commons | Independent Living

Caring95162650 September 23, 2014

I was able to visit Mission Common for my father-in-law. The condition of it, the facility, the menu, dining, rooms, and the location, everything is very, very good. I have no problems at all about it. I would say that their cleanliness is above average. The location is very convenient as it is close to downtown, so it's close to stores and restaurants and other facilities. It’s a good place. The staff who took time to accommodate me was very informative and also took time to go through all the details. She was very helpful. I was able to look at two units. The one bedroom unit was very satisfactory, but the studio unit, I think, it was very small. The price was reasonable though. The dining facility is very spacious. It's very clean and nice. I know they do have activities, but I wasn’t involved in discussing that.

Edward18 August 30, 2014

I visited Mission Commons and it was a very nice place. The apartment units themselves were nicely decorated. The location is good, as it's near hospitals as well as other private medical services. It did not have a swimming pool and that was the downside. There is a tiny refrigerator in the rooms and it was very sparse -- it didn’t present very well.

As I recall it’s one of the Holiday places and they did have some good features -- for instance, you were able to stay at one of their many other facilities. According to what they told us, you could stay in there for free for a week or so. After you are there for a while, you could be an in-house resident. I don’t know just what compensation you would receive, but they had other opportunities for the tenants.

Caring74470350 August 11, 2014

Mission Commons met my basic requirements, which included the availability of a two-bedroom unit on the first floor. I had the added bonus of having an entrance on the side. The place is very, very nice, with very pleasant people -- especially the managers Julienne and Danny. They are very helpful and they are not just good managers -- they are caring people. There are a lot of activities, but I haven't settled in to attend any activities right now. I just like the managers, the people, and all that. I haven't been here long enough to assess the whole situation. They are very pleasant and very helpful. They respond to the residents' needs and inquiries.

Caring83707550 May 11, 2014

We found Mission Commons for my dad. The main reason we chose it was because of the atmosphere. It's an independent/assisted living facility as supposed to a fully assisted side. This allowed him to feel like he was going into a community. It had an up-atmosphere for him. The facility is very clean too. The staff is excellent and attentive. They seemed to respond pretty well, and Dad is very pleased with the way the staff tends to him. His room is on the ground floor, and it looks out on a grass area, and we feel that we were really blessed to get him in there. The meals were OK. I can't say it's gourmet, but I can say it's sufficient. He seems to be OKwith it. They have activities, like they have church on Sunday, and they have activities throughout the week, and I think every day they have something going on.

Susan81624550 April 13, 2014

We did a tour at Mission Commons and it was a very positive experience. It was for my mom and her friend, it was in their area. We're very impressed with the facility and the program that they have. The gal who took us around did a great job. There were two couples that lived there 24 hours a day. We only saw one 2 bedroom apartment because the others were being renovated. It wasn't one of the regular ones, it was the one that is used for guests, but they liked it.

Jeannine2 November 28, 2013

I visited Mission Commons. We were pleased with the ground. The landscaping was kept-up very nice. The rooms were neat. The hallways where the residents move around were very pleasing and very welcoming. The meal was good. Their manager Kyle kept calling and asking me how my clients were doing or do I have other clients.

Raschelle August 10, 2013

The one I really wanted to move in was Mission Commons in Redlands, but they are just so expensive. I did talk to the staff there and they told me that they will be lowering their prices by renting one apartment with two people. The studio apartment is small. The bathroom has step-in shower and grab bars in there and that is the most important thing to an older person. The room is really nice. They have a little kitchen with a little refrigerator. The people are very friendly.

liz42 September 13, 2012

The facility was beautiful and had wonderful landscaped grounds. The rooms and food service were excellent. There were a few times that my parents used their emergency pull cords or lanyard buttons and the staff responded very quickly and were helpful in assessing and assisting with the issue.My only complaint is that the staff contacted my parents in the first place, wanting them to come for a tour, because, according to them my Dad would have no problem getting financial assistance from the VA. When all the paperwork went through he was rejected and they were forced to move out. That was their third move in less than a year. We all thought this would be their permanent living space. Although, it seems that the staff did all that they could in the situation to help with the paperwork and contacting the VA when necessary to try to get the paperwork finished, so that was a positive.

From Mission Commons

For all the years you've put into making the world a better place for the rest of us, it's time we return the favor...at Mission Commons.

Your "home base" of Redlands, California, is the source of marvelous scenery, exquisite gardens, many parks, historical neighborhoods, and a pleasant climate. Enjoy an old-time small town feeling and atmosphere while enjoying all of the modern amenities and attractions nearby: 14 public parks, stately Victorian mansions, Redlands Symphony, Redlands Footlighters Theatre, and the Kimberly Crest House and Gardens, a graceful example of chateauesque architecture of the late 19th century. Personally, we'd be hard-pressed to think of a better way to spend your retirement years! Welcome home to the wonderful community of Mission Commons, where our friendly staff and residents will treat you just like family!

Features of Mission Commons

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of Mission Commons