Valencia Commons

6729 Hermosa Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, 91701

Reviews of Valencia Commons

Tina338084 May 25, 2016

Valencia Commons is very active. The seniors seem very happy there. It’s a larger community in a good neighborhood. They have a park right across the street and veterans activities. Their staff is dressed casually, so it does not have an institutional feel because their staff doesn’t dress up in uniform. It is very casual but very attentive. They have a reading room, a library, a little weight room, a pool table, lots of activities, and transportation to nearby appointmens. It seemed like a very well-run facility.

Van4 April 07, 2016

Valencia Commons was very nice and accommodating in taking care of what you need. It had a family atmosphere and had days where they will take residents to doctors' appointments with a shuttle service there.

George T.1 March 09, 2016

Valencia Commons was really nice, but it is an independent living facility and mom needs an assisted living facility. The staff was great, and Elizabeth, the marketer, was great. I almost signed the papers. They have what they call guardian angels who can assist the residents if needed, but the cost is not included in price. They have a great location quite near hospitals.

anonymous117201450 November 30, 2015

Valencia Commons was pretty good. The rooms weren’t set up the way we wanted. They had microwave and a little hot plate or something. The dining area looked OK. The staff that worked with us and gave us the tour was outstanding.

Anonymous109608550 November 10, 2015

I am very happy that I am in Valencia Commons. It's a very good, well-kept, and extremely clean facility. They have caregivers that come in when you call them. Overall, the staff is wonderful. The amenities that we have are very good, like a chapel, beauty shop, small gym, and community room. We have lots of activities, too.

Maria44 May 23, 2015

I liked the place. As soon as I went in, people were smiling and socializing. It's an open building where everybody can see each other. They have a really big dining place, they have a chef, and it is really clean and pearly. They have beautiful aisles and everything that a person will need when they are walking. They have seats and places where they can hold on to the wall for support. They have beautiful pictures all over; they have it decorated prettily. The staff was really nice, down-to-earth, and friendly. My husband is going to be at Valencia Commons. We just found this place, and it is really close to my house.

Caring100239050 January 18, 2015

I like the Valencia because the dining room is huge and open, it's a different kind of atmosphere, and it didn't feel like a tight bunch of old people there. It didn't say assisted living, although they said my mother could be there, and we just hire somebody and pay extra to assist her if she needs somebody to get her dressed or whatever. The staff were very nice, and I didn't have any issues with them. It's within 5 to 10 minutes from family members, and if they would pick her up, they could take her to a park. They have games, transportation, and a little exercise room, and the location is close to stores. They have a lady that is cutting people's hair, and that's nice for my mother because she is very vain. They have a podiatrist that comes in many times a month. The rooms were very nice. I really would prefer her being there. I went there twice, and the second time I took my mother. I liked the fact that they had a place where if she got up during the night and wanted to go get coffee or donuts at 11:00 or 12:00, it's always there.

Martin13 January 13, 2015

Valencia Commons is very excellent, and they have a good staff. They gave us a tour, and it was very good. The food was nutritious.

Marty7 August 27, 2014

My mother really likes Valencia Commons. It's the one where she thinks she would fit in the most. It was priced reasonably and she likes the fact that it has a lot of variety of rooms when family comes to visit. They had a pool table room; they had a TV room. They had a library; they had a little chapel. She really liked that. She felt like it was more homey. The staff was very accommodating, very nice and they answered all our questions.

Marye1 July 20, 2014

Everything about Valencia Commons was very good, but it is not in my reach. It costs so much that I cannot figure out any way that I could live there. The rooms were very nice. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and informative. The food was very good. They had many activities. I loved their location; it was beautiful. I think everything is very commendable, but the one thing that stood out for me was the amount that they charge for living there, and I couldn't afford it. They are a very high visibility place, and I love it there. I've been there several times, and the girl that usually meets me and takes me to anything that was going on there is very, very nice. She called me up and told me that they were lowering the price, but that still didn't give me enough that I could afford it. So I just had to thank them very much. It is wonderful that they lowered it, but it still isn't anything I can afford. I think it is just a marvelous place to live, but it is very expensive. It has a very nice atmosphere. I don't even know if I have words to explain how pleasant and nice it is.

Barbara85628350 May 27, 2014

Valencia Commons is a beautiful facility, and it’s very nice. They change managers a lot though. The staff is very good with the elderly. My parents had a one-bedroom apartment, which was very nice. It was on the bottom floor, it had a patio and a back door that went out to the nice yard that went to the car port. It’s just perfect. They offer activities, but not many seniors do them.

daughter18 September 14, 2013

Valencia Commons is a very nice facility. The staff who took me on a tour was very nice. It was a very good facility; however it was independent. It wasn't going to give my dad the services that I think he needed. It was also much more expensive.

AmiR4663 January 12, 2012

This is one of over 300 communities owned and managed by Holiday Retirement; they allow up to a week's stay for free at any of their other facilities nationwide. It's nicely landscaped and located next door to a city park. My guide was very friendly and asked lots of questions about my dad. She made sure to stress the flat fees; no extra fees to worry about like pet deposits or extra help. The apartments are spacious and very clean; weekly housekeeping is offered. They have a small kitchenette and a private entrance. They've thought about safety by placing plenty of emergency pulls throughout. All of the staff I encountered made a point to say hello and they knew the residents' names. The dining is restaurant style with a varied menu prepared by the resident chef. Residents were being served in their rooms because of a stomach flu quarantine. I'd definitely consider this facility.

From Valencia Commons

Valencia Commons is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Valencia Commons for a visit...and stay!

Features of Valencia Commons

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room