Traditions of Hershey | Independent Living

100 North Larkspur Drive, Palmyra, PA, 17078

Reviews of Traditions of Hershey | Independent Living

Caring103195450 April 28, 2015

My mom is in Tradition of Hershey. I like that it is clean, and it has a convenient location. She has been there for 6 years now. She is in a shared room, but she has options. I will recommend it for independent care because they have a lot of activities, and the staff is pleasant.

Patricia87047550 July 31, 2014

I am living in Traditions of Hershey and it nice. I have a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen. It is very nice with large living room, lots of big windows and closets. Small pets are allowed and I have a cat here. The staff is wonderful. Two meals a day are included in the rent and they are good enough for me. There are a lot of activities here. Our activities director is excellent. We have all kinds of games. We have beautiful game room with a pool table. There is a theater with a screen for showing dvds and movies. They have a bus and we go to trips. We go to sight and sound theater to see movies last week.

lizjoyce June 04, 2014

My Mother has been a resident since Traditions of Hershey opened. We've both been VERY pleased with the staff, the activities, the building and the care. The staff are highly professional, and are exceptionally committed to their work, as well as the residents. The building is very clean and beautiful, and every security option is in place to ensure a safe and pleasant environment. Staff communication is also warm, respectful and responsive. We couldn't be happier or more confident in our decision!

Marlon1 February 24, 2014

At Traditions of Hershey, they offer a lot of activities. They have a television room, a movie room, and they also have sort of a lounge room. They have outdoors they have. I didn’t see anything wrong with the sanitation, it was very clean. They take good care of their residents very well. The rooms are laid out nice and they change your bedding. They come and clean your room and change your bedding. I would recommend this facility, but they are really expensive about $3000 a month.

Thank you for giving Traditions of Hershey a five-star review! We are very proud of our community and programs! Although all senior living options are expensive, we’ve found our rates to be competitive. As you know, Traditions of Hershey offers both Independent Living and Personal Care with rates starting at $2,195 and $2,995 respectively. As you experienced during your visit, our team is dedicated to making that a good investment!

From Traditions of Hershey

Take what you love about living on your own and transfer it to Traditions of Hershey. Leave the rest behind (snow shoveling, lawn mowing, repairs, cooking, cleaning!) and enjoy a carefree retirement without the responsibilities of being a homeowner. Traditions of Hershey offers Independent Living with a choice of a studio, one- or two- bedroom apartments in a country setting.

Each apartment features its own private bath with safety rails, a kitchen with refrigerator, range and sink (studios have kitchenettes) and emergency call system. Amenities include a movie theater, fitness center, library, computer room, game room, hair salon, on-site healthcare and physical therapy services. The month-to-month lease with no buy-in includes weekly housecleaning and linen services, two delicious meals daily, transportation, activities and group outings. Traditions of Hershey also loves animals and welcomes pets as new residents too.

Enjoy being active? Take an exercise class, play cards or games with new friends or tap your toe to live entertainment. Take a trip to a restaurant, casino, or local attraction in the comfort of the Traditions of Hershey bus.

Be happy and comfortable in your new home while having all of the amenities you've always enjoyed. Feel safe, secure and able to do more of what you intended to do in your golden years at Traditions of Hershey.

Features of Traditions of Hershey

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym, Library

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55